2006 online chalengers

Jino

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
All you need is broadband internet and an ethernet card going from your broadband modem to the back of your Ps2. The old school Ps2s like I have don't have the hook-up for it originally, but you can order the network adaptor off of the internet and it's simply just taking off the back of it and placing your hdd network adaptor to it and screwing the two screws in with a flat head screwdriver. The slim lines have this already installed in them. All you need to do once you have one of these kinds of connections and hook-ups, you'll have to next once you have the internet running from your modem to your ps2 is simply power cycle your modem so that it reads an ip address from your ps2. You do this by unplugging the power to your modem and then plugging it back in. All that you have to do after that is set up an internet connection via your ps2. You do that from the select your internet connection menu after you hit yes that you accept the end user liscense agreement. You should see an option to create/edit connection. Hit X on that and it will load an online connection set-up and test menu. Hit X on create new connection. Hit X on auto-matic configuration for then hit right and hit X for automatically detect proxy setting then hit right again and hit X on does not require a user name or password and hit right again and then save your settings and then test the connection. Once the connection test is done, hit O to back out to the main menu of the online connection and then hit O again and hit X on okay to reload 06. You should now be able to go online if the servers are still up. If they're not still up then you won't be able to get passed the DNAS screen. I hope that this helped you all out some. Take care and blessed be.

[quote name='XcLuZiVe222' post='6151613' date='Jun 6 2009, 01:53 PM']ya getting ps2 online is fricken impossible. i would play svr06 online if my ps3 had backwards compatibility.[/quote]

Just copy the network settings from your PS3 to your PS2 and it should work.

Archived