Most Overrated Actor/Actress

Reverse DVD

[quote name='Fuse' post='5261925' date='Nov 7 2008, 11:15 AM']Vin Diesel and Keanu Reeves are highly overrated and aren't really tremendous actors. I still like them for some reason.[/quote]
Everyone knows that Keanu Reeves' best role was in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, and Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey.

Personally, I find Will Ferrell to be overrated. I find his movies to be real boring instead of funny, yet when he plays a secondary main character (like in Blades Of Glory), I find him to be a lot better. I also didn't really like Step-Brothers that much either.

Tom Cruise? How can you say that? Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Risky Business, The Firm, etc. Those four are in my top ten favorite movies list!

And Forrest Whitaker? I think he is a pretty good actor. I liked him in Vantage Point; I thought he played the part well.

Another one to add: Tobey Maguire (Or however you spell his last name). I just can't get into the Spider-Man movies because of him. I think Franco would have been a better Parker.

[quote name='Ewok_3000' post='5262516' date='Nov 7 2008, 01:35 PM'][quote name='Fuse' post='5261925' date='Nov 7 2008, 11:15 AM']Vin Diesel and Keanu Reeves are highly overrated and aren't really tremendous actors. I still like them for some reason.[/quote]
Everyone knows that Keanu Reeves' best role was in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, and Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey.
[/quote]

Well the movies were his best but the acting most definitely was not :\

[quote name='Le` Baller' post='5268660' date='Nov 8 2008, 03:40 PM']Tom Cruise? How can you say that? Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, Risky Business, The Firm, etc. Those four are in my top ten favorite movies list!

Another one to add: Tobey Maguire (Or however you spell his last name). I just can't get into the Spider-Man movies because of him. I think Franco would have been a better Parker.[/quote]

Tom Cruise was a decent actor once.. He's shit now :\

They seriously need to re vamp those movies :\ James Franco was the only good thing about them...

This will cause buttloads of flaming, but; Heath Ledger.
Now, hear me out on this, Heath was a very good actor, and everyone knows that. But really, look at some of the greatest actors of all time and you will see that they were great in almost (if not every) movie that they were in. You cannot say that he is the best just because of his Joker role. Because of his death, his role was way over hyped and people overrate it way too much. Again, not saying that he was a bad actor, in fact, I quite enjoyed him as the Joker. I'm just saying, he isn't "TEH BEST EVAR!!".

No he wasn't the best ever, but I thoroughly enjoyed 10 Things I Hate About You, and A Knight's Tale was simply incredible. I think he was a great actor, and his Joker role was third on my list for him.

And I will admit that Cruise as the old bald dancing guy in Tropic Thunder was quite dumb, but other than that I really like him.

[quote name='HiP Cavallo' post='5268788' date='Nov 8 2008, 02:57 PM'][quote name='Ewok_3000' post='5262516' date='Nov 7 2008, 01:35 PM'][quote name='Fuse' post='5261925' date='Nov 7 2008, 11:15 AM']Vin Diesel and Keanu Reeves are highly overrated and aren't really tremendous actors. I still like them for some reason.[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Well what do you expect? He was portraying a slacker, so of course his acting was gonna be bad. That, and he was still rather young.

James Franco making a better Spider-Man? Thats ridicules to say. Peter Parker needed to be a nerd type and Tobey Maguire fit the part perfect. I myself am NOT a fan of Tobey Maguire but his performance in Spider-Man 1, 2, and 3 was great.

James Franco is fantastic, and does every part he has done well. But he would make a horrible Spider-Man. He was a perfect villain.

[quote name='Hendrix' post='5268830' date='Nov 8 2008, 04:02 PM']This will cause buttloads of flaming, but; Heath Ledger.
Now, hear me out on this, Heath was a very good actor, and everyone knows that. But really, look at some of the greatest actors of all time and you will see that they were great in almost (if not every) movie that they were in. You cannot say that he is the best just because of his Joker role. Because of his death, his role was way over hyped and people overrate it way too much. Again, not saying that he was a bad actor, in fact, I quite enjoyed him as the Joker. I'm just saying, he isn't "TEH BEST EVAR!!".[/quote]

He did have shit loads of potential though... Its quite sad, to me he always seemed like one of the most under rated actors of the modern era yet as soon as he died he became highly over rated :\

[quote name='Ewok_3000' post='5268918' date='Nov 8 2008, 04:14 PM'][quote name='HiP Cavallo' post='5268788' date='Nov 8 2008, 02:57 PM'][quote name='Ewok_3000' post='5262516' date='Nov 7 2008, 01:35 PM'][quote name='Fuse' post='5261925' date='Nov 7 2008, 11:15 AM']Vin Diesel and Keanu Reeves are highly overrated and aren't really tremendous actors. I still like them for some reason.[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Well what do you expect? He was portraying a slacker, so of course his acting was gonna be bad. That, and he was still rather young.
[/quote]

Just pointing it out considering its a topic about acting, not greatest movies or something along those lines... Just seemed like a poor example of his acting :\

[quote name='I love U Sonny RIP' post='5270370' date='Nov 8 2008, 10:39 PM']James Franco making a better Spider-Man? Thats ridicules to say. Peter Parker needed to be a nerd type and Tobey Maguire fit the part perfect. I myself am NOT a fan of Tobey Maguire but his performance in Spider-Man 1, 2, and 3 was great.

James Franco is fantastic, and does every part he has done well. But he would make a horrible Spider-Man. He was a perfect villain.[/quote]

Thats true but there are plenty of actors that could do a better Spiderman :\ Tobey was very bland..

Archived