Saints Row 2 vs. GTA IV

♥Taylor♥ Melo

Saints Row 2 vs. GTA IV  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Choose

• Saints Row 2
    • GTA IV
    • They Both Suck

Ok, Look, Im not calling out all the GTA IV and all the SR2 fanboys im just seeing which one people here prefer.

Personally, I love Saints Row 2 & I think GTA is the worst game in the GTA series. But thats just my opinion, Feel free to express yours.

I agree with everything in this review:

[url="http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/312-Saints-Row-2"]http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/vie...12-Saints-Row-2[/url]

[color="#FF0000"][b]WARNING:[/b][/color] The above review does contain explicit language

Credit To [i]~LosT_pROpHETs~[/i] For The Review Link

Guest Kevsterâ„¢
GTA IV big time. Saints Row 2 only appeals to GTA haters, other gamers think it's a bit mediocre and I agree, it is. But I disagree with the topic maker, GTA IV is actually one of the best GTA games out there imo.

Oh I can just see this getting as ugly as PS3 fanboys vs. 360 fanboys.
anyways, IMO I prefer Saints Row 2 a little bit more because Im just a flat out sucker for customizing stuff. that and I found GTA ALWAYS suffers from 'same-ol-shit-itus' and is no where deserving of a 10 out of 10 on the many over rated review sites but still, good game.

Im a sucker for customization too... But GTA has next to no customization options, Unlike SR2, where almost everything from your character to yours cribs, cars and clothes is customizable and atleast in SR2 you dont have your cousin calling you and asking you the go bowling etc. every 15-20 minutes. lol.

[quote name='Kevsterâ„¢' post='5240398' date='Nov 3 2008, 09:27 AM']GTA IV big time. [b]Saints Row 2 only appeals to GTA haters[/b], other gamers think it's a bit mediocre and I agree, it is. But I disagree with the topic maker, GTA IV is actually one of the best GTA games out there imo.[/quote]

I strongly disagree. I loved GTA IV and am a huge fan of the GTA series, but I haven't touched GTA IV since picking up Saints Row 2. In my honest opinion, both games have their negatives, and both games have their positives. But I think Saints Row 2 is better than GTA IV, but not by much.

[quote name='Capone' post='5240576' date='Nov 3 2008, 02:58 PM'][quote name='Kevster™' post='5240398' date='Nov 3 2008, 09:27 AM']GTA IV big time. [b]Saints Row 2 only appeals to GTA haters[/b], other gamers think it's a bit mediocre and I agree, it is. But I disagree with the topic maker, GTA IV is actually one of the best GTA games out there imo.[/quote]

I strongly disagree. I loved GTA IV and am a huge fan of the GTA series, but I haven't touched GTA IV since picking up Saints Row 2. In my honest opinion, both games have their negatives, and both games have their positives. But I think Saints Row 2 is better than GTA IV, but not by much.
[/quote]

Basically this, except for the not by much bit.

Kevster; completely wrong IMO, they're both awesome, but Saint's Row 2 more-so. Pretty much anyone who likes Saints Row must like GTA because of their similarities and vice-versa.

[quote name='Kevsterâ„¢' post='5240398' date='Nov 3 2008, 03:27 PM']GTA IV big time. [b]Saints Row 2 only appeals to GTA haters[/b], other gamers think it's a bit mediocre and I agree, it is. But I disagree with the topic maker, GTA IV is actually one of the best GTA games out there imo.[/quote]

Bullshit.

I played GTA IV like crazy the first week after I got it.
Now I have SR2, and I have sold GTA IV.

GTA IV is a great game, and I think SR2 is too.
Believe it or not, but that is actually possible.

I got both games in the same week and I find Saints Row 2 to be something for people who think customization and urban themes makes the game better. GTAIV is in a completely different league FAR above Saints Row 2.

Plus, GTAIV isn't the second highest rated game ever for nothing.

GTA IV hands down.

Never liked the style of Saints Row not the fact that its almost the same as GTA Games just the story i always thought the story was not good.

GTA games always have a good story no matter what game. and most of the time in games like these im all for fun and story and GTA IV gave me that. So GTA wins all the time for me no doubt.

A) Ill get this closed, because there is already a topic like this
B) Definitely GTA 4. I prefer realism and a very strong story, and thats what GTA offers. Im not saying Saints has a bad story, Im saying GTA always has superb stories.

To be honest I see Saints Row as a mediocre mimicry of GTA 4 :fedup:

Archived