What Landmark moment Changed women's wrestling forever

ʟᴜsʜʜ

[i][center]What Landmark moment, changed women wrestling to
what some accept and love, and some despise with disdain.!!?[/center][/i]

I think the Diva search had a negative impact on womens wrestling,
and officially ushered in the new era of women wrestling as we have today.
They had a load of girls who didnt know what to do, so what better to do with
them then put them in bikini's and have them parade around, or better yet make
already established Diva's as Terri,Torrie,Trish,Stacy,and etc have to remain
important in the eyes of the fans, bu participating in basically T.&.A matches.

[i][center]In the divas division it would have to be like you said, the diva search, the worst mistake WWE ever made. It brought us models who really don't have a passion for the buisness, not all but most of them. But in all women's wrestling, it would have to be the establishment of the Knockout's division, they kick ass and look good doing it.[/center][/i]

Like what DivaFan101 said, The Knockout's Division, because of them TNA had gained far better ratings than ever, or at least, on the Knockouts segments, it showed real wrestlers(well, most of them) and had displayed matches with stipulations you rarely see these days...
The Diva Search, I guess WAS a bad mistake, but it looks like WWE started to hire girls with actual intentions to wrestle and ACTUALLY mean it.

[quote name='AppleHead21' post='5214470' date='Oct 30 2008, 07:50 AM']Women that have made an Impact for Womens Wrestling

Chyna
Trish Status
Lita
Jacqueline (First African American Women to win the Womens Championship)[/quote]
AGREED with all of it

[quote name='Scampâ„¢' post='5215652' date='Oct 30 2008, 03:58 PM']I also think Jacqueline being the first African American Woman to win the Women's Championship and Jazz being the second.

With there not being a African American woman on the roster we won't see another black women's champ for awhile.[/quote]
I don't know..... I can see Layla as champ in a few years

Don't care if this comes across as bias because im a huge Lita fan or not, but Lita herself was a great landmark in WWE that changed literally everything. If Lita had not come into the WWE, Kelly Kelly would not be the spot monkey she is now, and Mickie James probably would've never been signed. She open the door to using Lucha moves in the women's division, and proved that women can mix it up just as good with the men as they do the women. She also had such a different look to the WWF Diva's back when she joined the company, and from that, also changed people's perceptions and evaluations of a WWE Diva. We sure as hell wouldn't have seen Ariel/Shelly Martinez in WWE had it not been for Lita. So yeah, id say Lita pretty much tipped the Women's Division and WWE as a whole upside down and her impact continues to been known and probably always will be known for what she did early on in her career to make change in WWE.

There are certain things that impacted womens wrestling.
I think that Ivory had a big effect on it, especially her feuds with Jacqueline and Luna, and Tori. She was the first woman in main stream wreslting to be in hardcore matches, she created such a great character and there RTC thing was great.
Lita also impacted women's wrestling, I mean she was a HUGE superstar. She would go out there and get massive reactions, she could easily get the crowd behind her and she had a unique wreslting style which allowed her to be so over. Trish Stratus and Her worked so well together, throughout their careers they put each other over and worked so well together and it really showed that Womens wrestlers had the ability to put on amazing matches and actually get the crowd so behind them that they made it into the main event.
IN GENERAL, The Diva Search was very negative, it caused alot of talented women to go, BUT from it has come some talent like Candice Michelle and Michelle McCool {Both need help on the mic though IMO} but it has overall been negative as models were and still are being hired instead of womens wrestlers. If the Diva search hadn't happened I think we would be looking at a very different women's division, a better division but oh well, we have what we have and have to deal with it.

- Jacqueline's feud with Sable. This was one of the biggest women's feuds in history.

- Madusa throwing the WWF's women's title in the trash on WCW.

- The women's gauntlet battle royal in TNA to mark Gail as their first champion.

- Lita's promo she cut after defeating Micke James and announcing her retirement.

Surprised this hasn't been said....the arrival of Awesome Kong to women's wrestling in North America.

Let's face it, Kong has revived what many thought was a dying side of wrestling in the past year.

Sable, like her or not - women's wrestling was dead in the WWF for years after Alundra, and even then it was Alundra and whatever heel she was facing at the time. Sable brought women's wrestling back to the forefront, starting with her feud with Mero and Jacky.

Trish Stratus proved that you could come into the WWE, being nothing but a "pretty face", yet eventually become a very competent wrestler. Without Trish you wouldn't see the WWE pushing the divas as hard to try to become competent wrestlers.

Archived