Traci Brooks Reveals That She Suffers From a Disability

ʟᴜsʜʜ

[i][center]The Chicago Sun-Times has conducted an interview with TNA Knockout Traci Brooks where she reveals that she has been suffering all her life from a condition known as Erb's Palsy, which effects the nerves in her arms. The following are some excerpts from the interview:

"My mom exercised my arm every day till I was two and I was also in a sling that was attached over my head in my buggy," Brooks said. "I was one out of six kids with this condition at the time, and the only one to benefit in a positive manner due to mom's persistence, dedication and the fact that she exercised me every day."

"I've been wrestling for nine years now, and if you are wondering, yes, it does affect me in the ring, both physically and mentally. We are in a very cosmetic business in which the focus is on looks, body and physicality. For someone such as myself, that is portrayed as a superstar, this is difficult. In my mind, I am just a girl with a disability and not perfect like we are perceived."[/center][/i]

WOW!!! that is really sad to hear about Traci Brooks I never knew that wow she still didn't let that stop her from doing what she loves she is a fighter and has a lot of heart for what she does and I respect her for speaking out to show she is just another normal person like us and I wish her all the luck in the world.

Is this why she doesn't wrestle that much nowadays?

To be honest, I never noticed this affecting her performance in the ring. She was never anything special in the ring but always decent enough.

This is even more reason as to why idiots like Ashley, Maria, Torrie Wilson, Kelly Kelly, and Layla deserve ZERO sympathy for their horrible work rate. If Traci, someone with a disability can still perform better than them then they all deserve to be smacked aside their faces with a wet fish. They're completely healthy and still sloppy as hell.

when i read this i thought WOW ... but the more i think about it i am so happy that she came out and said this ZIZI i mean this shows so much drive and determination on her part ... shows that nothing will keep her from doing what she loves to do ... i now kind of like TRACI a little bit more ZIZI ... she needs the gold but i guess this shows why she has no had it ...

[quote name='XXHarrisXX' post='5183006' date='Oct 24 2008, 03:00 PM']Wow thats unexpected but shes still good inthe ring and is dedicated to wrestling even with a hinderance, she really is awesome.

OT: Whats ZIZI mean? ^^[/quote]

ZIZI sorry lol MSN talk ... it's a nod emote thing :nod:

[quote name='Knocked Out' post='5188962' date='Oct 25 2008, 04:09 PM'][quote name='wattsatllan' post='5188326' date='Oct 25 2008, 08:00 AM']if her arms hurt. why have a lariat as a finisher???[/quote]She doesn't use that arm when she performs the clothesline and it isn't her finisher, her finisher is a falling facebuster from the second or top rope.
[/quote]
brooks and done was her finisher and a lariat is a lariat so she doesnt really have alot of chioce, she kind of has to strike them with her arm, and if you remember that facebuster shes had for a signature move for all her career and has only finished of one person with it?

Archived