Not breaking the rules but yeah...

-MJH-

I rarely leave the board with the edit thread in so it's possible this has been reported and not removed so sorry if it has, but yeah..

[url="http://caws.ws/forum/index.php?showuser=47219"]http://caws.ws/forum/index.php?showuser=47219[/url]

I know one of the reasons for removing of sigs is because it slows loading times but from other forums I've been on they're removed due to annoyance and and the added scroll time, also it's quite annoying reading the smartass remarks.

I think although it doesn't break the size(kb) limit it's still an obscene sig and an annoyance to have to scroll past.

That's another thing I don't get what the hell is with this "fight the power" fad on here, a forum is a privelege not a right. The admin can do whatever he wants and if people don't like that they can leave, in fact this forum seems pretty reasonable in it's rules. Maybe people don't realise freedom of speech is non-existant on forums and will jump at small rules that actually benefit a forum by making it run smoother.

[quote name='-MJH-' post='5141806' date='Oct 15 2008, 08:45 PM']That's another thing I don't get what the hell is with this "fight the power" fad on here, a forum is a privelege not a right. The admin can do whatever he wants and if people don't like that they can leave, in fact this forum seems pretty reasonable in it's rules. Maybe people don't realise freedom of speech is non-existant on forums and will jump at small rules that actually benefit a forum by making it run smoother.[/quote]

That is exactly it, people are pissed at the new avatar rule, I'm fine with not having a moving avatar, because I finally found one I like.

^^^^ look at the sig above - 3 gifs over 100kb each
totaling over 1,000kb total .... his sig is worse than mine yet its MINE thats been removed and its mine your all arguing about .... his is far longer loading and it actually breaking toms guideline of "sig abuse"

look who it is .... it ME

surely you can see that the rules are not working though.

AND ive had no feed back as to why my RULE OBEYING SIG is not allowed yet people are allowed to completly ignore OTHER rules.

mines annoying MAYBE
others have become anoying as gifs in sig were in high demand

im not ever trying to piss you off but i have a mojor issure with they pick and choose methood GIF's are removed in
mine was removed yet others over 3 times as large remain and when i flag this up all i get is "stop reporting stuff"

tom rice himself says hes spoken to mods and clarified everything he needs to.

i will happily remove my sig if you provide me with .....
1) some PROPER answers
2) i dont get my privialages removed from me while others get too keep much worse offending privialages
3) everyone is treated equal on here

i would also not the admin who removed my sig never gave a reason .... nor could ANYONE quote me any bored rules which say my sig is not allowed.
text also doesnt slow the site down so im not doing that either .....

i am going to put it back - im not breaking a rule!

edit - once again as stated in the sig im not trying to fight any of you. im not trying to hurt a mod, i just want to make a statement about how messed up i feel the current rules are.

....ive been on this site just short of a year .... if i wanted attention you would of known me by now :fedup:

if this gets resolved ill be back to my lil mschif rotator and a few lines about her and if i had much more it would be nicely spoilered

id get back too .....
back to giving good caw advise for ps3
back to talking in svr news and chat
back to encouraging fair play online
etc

[quote name='RockstarAC' post='5143110' date='Oct 16 2008, 12:03 PM']tom rice himself says hes spoken to mods and clarified everything he needs to.

i will happily remove my sig if you provide me with .....
1) some PROPER answers
2) i dont get my privialages removed from me while others get too keep much worse offending privialages
3) everyone is treated equal on here[/quote]

That's exactly it a forum is a privelege not a right, you have no right to be treated like an equal, this isn't a public house where anyone can come in and by law is allowed to stay, a forum is a private website and the admin on this website let's anyone sign up but he can remove anyone for any reason. Now of course Tom Rice is a reasonable person so he wont remove someone unless they break one of his rules but if he so chose to remove you because he thought your sig looked funny there's not a damn thing anyone can do about it. This thread is about complaining about someone finding a loophole in a rule and wanting a rule to be made stopping this, not about problems we have with other rules so don't complain about others having sigs breaking rules in here take it up somewhere else. As of right now your sig is an obstruction and just as good as having a very tall image so even though it's not breaking any rules it should be removed and a rule should be put in place to stop any more "rebels" from coping.

People on here are extremely lucky to have an admin who's open to suggestions and listens so you guys shouldn't abuse that by trying to piss him off.

[quote name='RockstarAC' post='5143252' date='Oct 16 2008, 02:13 PM']if its a privite site why do you make rules for members?

people in a staff positiowhy is the one and only rule "this site is completly down to what n think about you and they will modify your information as they see fit"[/quote]
Rules are everywhere, the fact that this is a private site just makes it more likely that there will be more rules not less. If it was public most likely the rules would follow one country's laws but this site is private so not only does it have to abide by the country it's hosted in's laws they can make their own rules to govern their site. And besides it's not like these rules are a big deal they're reasonable aswell because they aim to run a website as fast as possible, who care whether your sig moves.

I'm not going to respond to that second part because it was too poorly written to understand.

uve just stated rules are every where

2 of my points are some rules on this site are not kept to and even though this wasnt breaking a rule its been removed anyway

youve stated there are rules .... im stating its a fact some rules arnt kept .... i really dont see what ur doing apart from strengthening the point the rules arnt seeming to make the slightest bit of difference in my case.

you basically pointing out that coz this is privite people can deal with me anyway they CHOOSE irrelivent of rules - making them not effective
.... so i ask if the above is true why even have the rules

and i make no appolagies for poor english skills - if you treat me different for that its a shame on you thb

[quote name='RockstarAC' post='5143314' date='Oct 16 2008, 02:54 PM']uve just stated rules are every where

2 of my points are some rules on this site are not kept to and even though this wasnt breaking a rule its been removed anyway

youve stated there are rules .... im stating its a fact some rules arnt kept .... i really dont see what ur doing apart from strengthening the point the rules arnt seeming to make the slightest bit of difference in my case.

you basically pointing out that coz this is privite people can deal with me anyway they CHOOSE irrelivent of rules - making them not effective
.... so i ask if the above is true why even have the rules

and i make no appolagies for poor english skills - if you treat me different for that its a shame on you thb[/quote]

There are no rules saying rules must always be kept, you may find it unfair but that's how it is. Rules are there and the admin will try to enforce them on a big site like this as much as possible. Rules are there as a guideline and are as enforced as much as possible, you act far too much like this is a democracy and not a dictatorship. Also if you want to make your argument effective you should use propper english because all I've managed to understand from you is that you don't understand what I'm saying and keep spouting the same thing even though I've aready addressed it.

Archived