Man Sues God

Playing The Game

[quote]OMAHA, Neb. — A Douglas County District Court judge has tossed out State Sen. Ernie Chambers' lawsuit against God.

Chambers can't sue God if he can't serve papers on him, Judge Marlon Polk said.

The court had warned Chambers in the past that his lawsuit may be dismissed because he had failed to serve notice on God. Chambers had responded by arguing the Almighty shouldn't need notice because God already knows everything.

Chambers has said he's trying to make a point that anybody can sue anybody. He is a self-proclaimed agnostic who is being pushed out of the Legislature because of term limits.

Chambers filed the lawsuit in September 2007. It sought a permanent injunction to prevent God from committing acts of violence such as tornadoes and earthquakes.

Source: [url="http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,438224,00.html"]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,438224,00.html[/url][/quote]

[quote name='JohnStone1987' post='5139535' date='Oct 15 2008, 12:59 PM'][quote name='EdGasm' post='5139398' date='Oct 15 2008, 12:35 PM']He's not crazy, he's proving a great point.[/quote]
No he's not, he got laughed out of the Courtroom.
[/quote]
It still made it to court, so he did basicly prove that someone could file against just about anything.

[quote name='T.R.I.¢.' post='5140263' date='Oct 15 2008, 03:48 PM']Wow...I believe in God, but how does anyone know he exists? You can't sue a mystery.[/quote]
No one knows for sure, that's why we got faith.

I think he may have some mental issues. Not God, this guy sueing him.

[quote name='JohnStone1987' post='5140758' date='Oct 15 2008, 06:59 PM']I can see the headline tomorrow

CALIFORNIA MAN SUES BIGFOOT AFTER THE HAIRY BEAST STEPPED ON HIS CAT

:lol:[/quote]

Is that the same one shot & killed in the ice box from those other guys not too long ago with the costumed Bigfoot, XD

[quote name='Spyder78' post='5140846' date='Oct 15 2008, 04:10 PM'][quote name='JohnStone1987' post='5140758' date='Oct 15 2008, 06:59 PM']I can see the headline tomorrow

CALIFORNIA MAN SUES BIGFOOT AFTER THE HAIRY BEAST STEPPED ON HIS CAT

:lol:[/quote]

Is that the same one shot & killed in the ice box from those other guys not too long ago with the costumed Bigfoot, XD
[/quote]

:lol: LMAO.

Archived