*Spoiler* Two Main Events Announced For WWE's Armaggedon PPV

Playing The Game

Source: PWInsider.com

[url="javascript:;"]
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
[/url]
According to localized advertisements sent out by the HSBC Arena in Buffalo, NY, the two top matches for the December WWE Armaggedon PPV will be:

World Heavyweight Championship Triple Threat Match:
Chris Jericho will defend against John Cena and Batista

WWE Championship Match
Triple H will defend against Vladimir Kozlov.

[b]Keep in mind that the card is always subject to change so this is not confirmed.[/b]

Tickets for the event will go on sale next Saturday, October 18th.

Well, the Kozlov thing was bound to happen sooner or later, so best get it out of the way at one of the C-list Pay-Per-View's. The sooner Triple H ends his undefeated streak and sends him back to squash matches, the better. Seriously, how much airtime did the guy get tonight? Friday Night Kozlov; no thanks.

The triple threat could be interesting if it were to happen. Still not holding out hope for that quick of a Cena return, and I think I'd be safe in saying they wouldn't throw away a Cena return match on an Armageddon.

[quote name='Hylton' post='5114969' date='Oct 11 2008, 03:34 AM']Ah, I gotta disagree Generations. I hate Jericho. I think he'll lose to Batista at CS.[/quote]

I don't see how you can hate Jericho and like Batista (but whatever). I never said I thought he would win though...I said I hope he retains. AKA: "I hope WWE isn't retarded. I hope they don't take the title from someone deserving like Jericho and give it to someone who is overrated crap like Batista or Cena." But knowing WWE, they probably will. So if I had to put money on it, Batista probably will win the title. (Unfortunately)

Eh, I hate the character. I'm not really worried about who deserves what, or anything like that. But I'm more into kayfabe than I am the backstage stuff. Though I think Batista has had his chance...again and again. But, he won the No. 1 contenders match, so I guess he gets ANOTHER shot..

[quote name='Hylton' post='5114977' date='Oct 11 2008, 03:43 AM']Eh, I hate the character. I'm not really worried about who deserves what, or anything like that. But I'm more into kayfabe than I am the [b]backstage stuff[/b]. Though I think Batista has had his chance...again and again. But, he won the No. 1 contenders match, so I guess he gets ANOTHER shot..[/quote]

When I say "deserve", I'm not talking about backstage politics. I'm talking about talent, and people being misused. Jericho is a better character, and a better wrestler, and better on the mic, and literally better in every way imaginable than either Cena or Batista. Anyway, I'm not in the mood to argue. It's 3:44 in the morning here, and I got home from work at around 1:30am. It was a long day, and I really don't care what your opinion is. I said that my opinion was that both matches sucked. You can state your own opinion...but don't do it in the form of a response to what I typed...just do it as a stand-alone comment. Not trying to be a jerk. Just saying.

[quote name='Hylton' post='5114982' date='Oct 11 2008, 03:51 AM']lol whatever dude. You're the one who takes a scripted TV show really really seriously. Not to mention that [b]Cena is better than Jericho on the mic and in the ring at this point[/b]...Oh, and much more supported.[/quote]

I said I don't want to argue, (and I don't)...but I hope that one day, you realize just how incorrect...and not to mention, downright stupid that statement was. John Cena is a entertainer and nothing more. Jericho is one of the top [u]WRESTLERS[/u] of all time. Ignore his current character, and view the man for what he is...and what he is, is a world class athlete, and one of the greatest entertainers in WCW/ECW/WWF/WWE history. John Cena is there to sell merchandise to morons with limited mental capacities, children under the age of 15, and women who for some reason think he's attractive. He is not a good wrestler, nor is he even a good entertainer.

He's one of the worst actors I've ever seen for that matter. He can't even keep a straight face 90% of the time when he's supposed to be acting all tough. He may be dedicated to his craft, but his very being defaces the very thing that he supposedly dedicates so much of his life to. Every second that he spends in the ring getting championship wins, or cutting poorly acted promos, he's undercutting dozens of people who worked ten times harder than he did to get there, and are ten thousand times more talented than he is. Same can be said for Batista.

If you truly respect something, then you care about the people who are better at it than yourself more than you care about yourself. I'm artistic, but I'm not absolutely amazing. If I was ever asked whether I'd like to be famous for my art, or pass that fame to someone who is a better artist than myself, I would do the latter of the two without even thinking about it. IMO, the wrestling industry is the same way for people who care about it. John Cena and Batista are there to build up John Cena and Batista...no one else. They do not care about the industry as a whole...they care about John and Dave. HHH is another example of this...which is why all three of them make terrible champions.

Jericho is constantly pushing guys other than himself. Whether it's losing to his opponents, or keeping a guy like Lance Cade by his side...he's constantly improving the industry by preparing it for the future...and it's sad that people fail to realize that, and choose to hate him for some stupid fictional story based reason. I mean, he was injured in his last two big matches, and he did it because he cares. I'm not saying that he meant to injure himself...but he is at higher risk of injuries because he gives a higher percentage in the ring than other people do.

With all that said, it's after 4am here, and I'm going to sleep.

Man, you really take this wrestling thing seriously don't you? It's a TV show dude. Chill. John Cena made a name for himself by having consistent matches and appealing to the general crowd. Chris Jericho got into wrestling and made a name for himself by mimicking Shawn Michaels, and it really worked for him. Nowadays, it seems as if he's trying to create more of his own persona (nothing wrong with that), but it's not the Jericho the crowd prefers. It doesn't matter how great a wrestler you is: What matters is what kind of entertainer you are. Because it's all about entertainment.

Yeah, there's the few internet smarks who live for the in-ring work, but where does that get anyone? The most popular wrestler of all time, Hulk Hogan, barely wrestled. Hell, Stone Cold was a great technical wrestler, but his rise to fame came when he stated punching people in the face and just brawling.

There's nothing wrong with Jericho. Yeah I think he's gotten a little stale, but that's me. You on the other hand, take it to a whole new level. I get it. You like Jericho. That's cute and everything, but for the love of God just enjoy the show and quit nit-picking.

[quote name='Hylton' post='5115021' date='Oct 11 2008, 04:16 AM']Man, you really take this wrestling thing seriously don't you? It's a TV show dude. Chill. John Cena made a name for himself by having consistent matches and appealing to the general crowd. [b]Chris Jericho got into wrestling and made a name for himself by mimicking Shawn Michaels[/b], and it really worked for him. Nowadays, it seems as if he's trying to create more of his own persona (nothing wrong with that), but it's not the Jericho the crowd prefers. It doesn't matter how great a wrestler you is: What matters is what kind of entertainer you are. Because it's all about entertainment.

Yeah, there's the few internet smarks who live for the in-ring work, but where does that get anyone? The most popular wrestler of all time, Hulk Hogan, barely wrestled. Hell, Stone Cold was a great technical wrestler, but his rise to fame came when he stated punching people in the face and just brawling.

There's nothing wrong with Jericho. Yeah I think he's gotten a little stale, but that's me. You on the other hand, take it to a whole new level. I get it. You like Jericho. That's cute and everything, but for the love of God [b]just enjoy the show[/b] and quit nit-picking.[/quote]

Wow...you really are f'ing ignorant, aren't you? You take storylines word for word. Jericho NEVER mimicked HBK in his entire career. EVER. He was inspired to wrestle by HBK in the same way that HHH was inspired by Harley Race and Ric Flair. He never pretended to be HBK, or copied his moves, or anything like that. Chris Jericho has always been a completely unique character. Your ignorance angers me.

As for enjoying the show? I'll do that when they do something I like. It may be entertainment...but it's only entertaining if they do something I like. Just because I like the Simpsons and Family Guy, doesn't mean I love every single episode. In fact, some episodes downright suck. The same is very much true for WWE. When they make stupid decisions the show sucks...and when the show sucks, I don't like watching it. The past few months were great...but recently, it's going downhill again...and one of the main reasons behind that is all of this repetitive main event stuff happening again. For awhile, the title scene was fresh. It was filled with guys like CM Punk and Jericho...but now there is just talks of HHH, Jeff Hardy, Kozlov, Cena, and Batista. A mix of people who have had way too many title reigns/shots, and guys who are simply overrated. The title scene should be filled with guys like The Brian Kendrick, Jericho, Big Show, MVP, Shelton Benjamin, R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, etc. Far more talented guys with more potential for fresh and entertaining storylines.

Yeah, and the took CM Punk out the title scene because that got boring. Gotta go with what works, right? And I'm not going on a storyline, kiddo. Go watch old Jericho matches. The guy is CLEARLY influenced by HBK.

Once again, you're getting way to upset over a TV Show. You can't help who gets popular, man. If CM Punk were super popular, he'd still be sticking around. But he wasn't. No big deal. The show goes on.

Look at Wolverine, from the X Men. The character was originally going to be killed off, but he got really popular. So popular in fact, that they put him into the new version of the X Men. The writers wanted to focus more on Nightcrawler, but Wolverine was such a huge success that he got more play. Soon he got his own magazine. See where I'm going here? Popularity is what counts.

You might think some people are overrated. But you're a stereotypical internet smark, who thinks that technical wrestlers are the best thing going for wrestling, and people like Triple H and John Cena shouldn't get any play because you don't like them. You're also apparently someone who doesn't like making money and getting reactions.

Seriously man, you're working yourself into a tizzy over nothing. You complain about everything and when things do go your way, you b*tch about how they should have been that way all along. Then ratings sink and you wonder why.

Kiddo? I'm only a year younger than you (if your info is even true), and clearly a lot more mature considering how immature most of what you type is. I've watched plenty of old Jericho matches...and I already said he was influenced by HBK. Influenced in the sense that he wanted to be a little guy who did unorthodox maneuvers...but in no other way. Influenced is not the same as "Mimicked". He has never mimicked HBK. Period. He was influenced to start wrestling, and influenced to try more outrageous moves. That's it. His style has been quite different than Michaels since his very first match. As for me being an "internet smark"? I really hate that damn term. People who call other people internet smarks are even worse than those smart marks who think they know the wrestling business. You can't simply assume that someone is a stupid internet fan who only likes one type of wrestling just because they trash talk a few aspects of the WWE or TNA. I love all forms of wrestling...from mat-based, slow paced holds and submissions, to fast paced aerial and everything in between.

What I don't like, is purposely making things unreleased or repetitive. What I don't like is taking the easy way out by using the "winning formula"...never willing to try anything new and exciting because it may backfire. In other words, WWE always using guys like HHH and Jeff Hardy and Cena and Batista because they're surefire merchandise and ticket sellers...but who's to know if there could be a bigger draw out there? No one, and the reason is because the HHH's and Batista's and Cena's are squashing all of the other potential ticket sellers. All it takes is time and effort to change any talented wrestler into a crowd favorite or super heel. It makes more sense to take someone like Super Crazy, or Evan Bourne, or any of the other countless performers with god-given talent and make them your top guys than it does to take nobody bodybuilders like Batista, or developmental talent like Cena and make them your top draws. The time and effort was put into guys like that...and I'm not saying that Crazy or Bourne can be main event guys...but past wrestlers like Lance Storm or Rhyno certainly could have been. They were just buried by the "big dogs".

That is what annoys me more than anything else. In the wrestling industry, guys perform in indy federations, and foreign countries to gain exposure and harbor their craft...and then instead of those guys being picked up by the WWE and given some minor tweaks, the WWE spends countless hours and an insurmountable amount of time and effort to make a complete nobody in the industry into a top guy. It makes no sense, and it's disrespectful to the entire pool of talent who actually grow up wanting to be wrestlers...the guys who take all of the correct paths in attempting to do so. It's beginning to become more likely to see actors and bodybuilders and random sports athletes in televised wrestling than it is to see actual wrestlers who are passionate about their craft.

So to steer this back on topic, I'll reiterate what I said before. Both of these matches sound terrible to me. None of the challengers deserve the title shot, IMO...and in the case of HHH, the title holder doesn't even deserve to hold the title. Being a Jericho fan aside, I can say unbiasedly from a pure wrestling fan standpoint that Jericho is the only one deserving at this moment in time to carry the belt, or even perform in a match for a world title out of those five men. Vladmir is too green, HHH has had WAY too many reigns and needs to pass the damn torch, Cena is too repetitive as a champion and even as a challenger, and the same goes for Batista. Both title scenarios are boring.

Dude, how many times do they have to try and push Super Crazy before everyone just accepts he's, well, kind of a loser?

The WWE is a wrestling business. They know what they're doing, clearly. Otherwise, they wouldn't still be here. Just accept that and let. it. go. You have no idea what you're talking about. You HAVE HAVE HAVE to play to your fans, otherwise you'll go out of business. Look at Samoa Joe: The fans clearly wanted to see more of him, but TNA totally slow-burned him. And by the time they gave him the ball, the fans had already given up on it.

Look sweetie, you can call me immature all you want but that doesn't make up for the fact that you just throw out names of guys you like and call it 'facts'. The facts and examples I bring up totally blow away your so-called arguments. You're a bitter little kid who hates everything, in typical internet smark fashion.

The WWE doesn't make anyone top draws. They put the ball in their court, and they run with it. It works with Batista. It works with Cena. It didn't work with CM Punk (yet). Yeah, it's working with Jericho, but the whole point of a hell winning a title is for him to lose it to the face. It's the circle of life as far as pro wrestling goes.

Feel free to respond to this by calling me ignorant and immature, then repeating your same points over again without any basis.

I give you props on Evan Bourne, though. I'm not saying he's World Champion material, but a Tag Team run with Rey Mysterio would be fun.

[quote name='Hylton' post='5115167' date='Oct 11 2008, 05:12 AM']Dude, how many times do they have to try and push Super Crazy before everyone just accepts he's, well, kind of a loser?[/quote]

Uh...yeah, I'm done with you. Calling Super Crazy a loser because WWE is filled with morons who can't think of any way to use such a talented performer? Yeah...I'm definitely not wasting any more of my time with your nonsensical gibberish. :huh: Super Crazy has always been a fan favorite, and always gets "Su-per Cra-zy" chants during his matches. He has NEVER been given a serious push, nor a drawn-out one. All he ever gets are bullcrap pushes like a tag team formation with Hacksaw Jim Duggan that makes no sense, or some matches on Heat against a masked Charlie Haas. WWE has never tried to seriously push Crazy, and don't attempt to tell me otherwise. He's a phenomenal athlete with all of the potential in the world, and as he grows older, that potential is running out...and it's WWE's fault for giving him nothing better to do. Just like Tajiri. All of the potential in the world. Used horribly wrong, and eventually he left.

Uhm..he loses. A lot. People like to watch him, but only in small doses. He's like Funaki.

Ok I take that back. Funaki owns. But still. He's a jobber. They tried. And failed. You're just mad because he's not the WWE/World/ECW/Women's Champion right now.

[quote name='Hylton' post='5115178' date='Oct 11 2008, 05:17 AM']Uhm..he loses. A lot. People like to watch him, but only in small doses. He's like Funaki.

Ok I take that back. Funaki owns. But still. He's a jobber. They tried. And failed. You're just mad because he's not the WWE/World/ECW/Women's Champion right now.[/quote]

Yeah...he loses because WWE is filled with morons. People don't like Crazy in small doses. A lot of people love Super Crazy and would enjoy seeing him more often...but he only gets a handful of televised matches each year, and there's nothing fans can do about that, except complain...which is what I'm doing...and on the subject of these two title matches, that's what I'm doing here as well...and no, I don't expect Super Crazy to be a f'in World Champion. You really are a moron. :???: I just think he should be featured more prominently on tv than a damn leprechaun or a guy who goes crazy when a bell is rung. I mean, the garbage WWE cranks out these days is absurd.

Way to defend yourself, sweetheart. I'm glad to see you took everything I said and summed it up with that Super Crazy thing. I love the little guy, but I'm not stupid enough to think he's gonna be anything more than a jobber. It's not the WWE's fault the majority of the audience (read: not the smarks) don't really get behind him all that much. There's a difference in roaring support and polite applause.

This is really cute and everything, but shouldn't you count your loses and just stop? I'm owning you.

Archived