First off, is Falls Count Anywhere confirmed?

Why even bother putting in Falls Count Anywhere? I've been seeing where people have said that it's so a backstage area can be included, but that doesn't make sense to me. The Hardcore Match could be done the same way. And really, what's the difference between Falls Count Anywhere and Hardcore anyway? They both have no dq, and they both allow for pin-falls outside the ring. It's pretty useless to include that match. All it would be doing is wasting space, mainly because if done correctly, the backstage area could be made accessible in the Hardcore Match. They did it right in SYM and HCTP. Why can't it be done now (over 5yrs later)?

It hasnt been confirmed, and the difference is that in Falls Count Anywhere, wrestlers go outside the arena, backstage, in the crowd, etc.

Hardcore Matches they stay around the ring as I believe the pinfall has to be in the arena.

[quote name='RavageWWE' post='4655666' date='Jul 26 2008, 11:09 PM']It hasnt been confirmed, and the difference is that in Falls Count Anywhere, wrestlers go outside the arena, backstage, in the crowd, etc.

[b]Hardcore Matches they stay around the ring as I believe the pinfall has to be in the arena.[/b][/quote]

In SYM and HCTP you could go in the parking lot, the corridors, and even Times Square in hardcore matches. So I don't buy that.

Maybe the TNA game is just really trying to distance themselves form the SVR series in whatever way possible. Be it, having different game modes, having different matchtypes, or changing the "hadrcore match" (a staple of any WWE for as long as I can remeber) to "Falls Count Anywhere". TNA is [i]supposed[/i] to be the alternitive to the "Soap opera drama" that WWE has, so shouldn't the two games be as unlike each other as possible?

[quote name='the undisputed champ' post='4655790' date='Jul 26 2008, 11:41 PM']Falls Count Anywhere is no sumbission and i'm guessing you can go farther in FCA then in Hardcore[/quote]

No submission? (Seems kinda obvious now. Guess that's where the "falls" part comes in.) Still, if that's the case, just keep the submissions, and the name Hardcore, and just add in the backstage area. And about the going farther part, that doesn't make sense to me, because as I said earlier, in SYM and HCTP you could go anywhere and it was in Hardcore Matches.

[quote name='american-destroyer' post='4655817' date='Jul 26 2008, 09:49 PM']Maybe the TNA game is just really trying to distance themselves form the SVR series in whatever way possible. Be it, having different game modes, having different matchtypes, or changing the "hadrcore match" (a staple of any WWE for as long as I can remeber) to "Falls Count Anywhere". TNA is [i]supposed[/i] to be the alternitive to the "Soap opera drama" that WWE has, so shouldn't the two games be as unlike each other as possible?[/quote]

Wow... I thought I was in the TNA forum... Disregaurd that post...

[quote name='cenafn89' post='4655708' date='Jul 26 2008, 09:17 PM']nah
FCA is different[/quote]Really? Well why don't you explain how it's different. That's what this topic is about, to explain the differences of the 2 matches, not just saying "nah, FCA is different". And whats up with this "all day" crap?
Anyway, i just think they're renaming it because WWE doest say "hardcore" anymore they use falls count anywhere, and usually in hardcore matches on TV they stay around the ring and stuff but when its falls count anywhere they use that to their advantage and actually go everywhere. This years game is shooting for realism so i think they're just renaming it to be more real.

[quote name='flairboy900' post='4655848' date='Jul 27 2008, 12:03 AM']dude,what's the deal?"they're renaming the Hardcore match to Falls Count Anywhere".wow big whoop.[/quote]

Umm, dude, in case you didn't notice, I started by asking was the FCA confirmed. Before I made this topic, I didn't even know that much. Plus, if it was confirmed, I thought they were adding the FCA in addition to the Hardcore match, which I thought was kind of pointless. That was the "big whoop". I didn't know about the re-naming deal.

READ next time man.

[quote name='RavageWWE' post='4655666' date='Jul 27 2008, 04:09 AM']It hasnt been confirmed, and the difference is that in Falls Count Anywhere, wrestlers go outside the arena, backstage, in the crowd, etc.

Hardcore Matches they stay around the ring as I believe the pinfall has to be in the arena.[/quote]

Ye man i think your right.

[quote name='Dart' post='4655904' date='Jul 27 2008, 12:22 AM']yea, just a change to the name and somne hotspots probably and backstage arenas, so basicly FCA are imrpoved hardcore matches?[/quote]

I guess that might be a safe assumption. But I'm still not seeing the reason for the name change, unless they just got tired of seeing Hardcore Match on the screen, and they wanted a new name. (Well, not actually "new" because it was in JBI, but you get my point.)

Archived