I defend svr.

kingkorupt

Ok so this series has caught a lot of heat about going backward in some instances.
1st off some features in past wrestling games are not in the svr series.even though most of the games are wwe.(ill get to them leaving their own stuff out in a minute.)
well thq and yukes did not create work on those projects so they had to start from scratch and maybe couldnt figure how to have illegal partner shennanigans from the 64 era (till now finally) or weapon hit detection *cough 64 cough*( not the weapon hitting an opponent, but characters landing on chairs ladder etc for extra dmg. for those who where gonna say "but weapons hit just fine"). Wich i can say makes some since but they should attempt to out do past games in areas other than just graphics.

As for them leaving out there own stuff. ex the FRIGGIN FREE ROAM OF THE BACKSTAGE AND THE STAGE ITSELF.
I assume they were trying to be innovative with ultimate control and hot spot(i commend them for this), at the cost of backstage which i hope was just to get them transitioned to the new play style. So thats understandable.
I mean the games gotta be fun in the ring b4 you can leave it right?

And finally this last part im just mad about. They have the edit tools for main characters.
However they cant seem to get the details of a person in game right (excluding any gimmick infringement ex pepsi)
hair cuts clothing simple things that they can get right.
we can make a caw from all the tools they give us to make sum 1 that is new almost to their exact likeness, so y cant theyget the ppl right they put in the game.(before the disk have been coded of course)

ok im done

[quote name='jeffhardy4eva' post='4655570' date='Jul 27 2008, 02:46 AM']when will new ppl on here stop making topics like this that only get closed for flaming[/quote]

if you dont like the topic dont post if you agree or disagree then by all means post.
i made this for a real discussion not flaming or implication of it.
if ppl flame o well.
this is just my oppinion everyone is entitled to one.
share yours.

[quote name='kingkorupt' post='4655646' date='Jul 26 2008, 09:04 PM'][quote name='jeffhardy4eva' post='4655570' date='Jul 27 2008, 02:46 AM']when will new ppl on here stop making topics like this that only get closed for flaming[/quote]

if you dont like the topic dont post if you agree or disagree then by all means post.
i made this for a real discussion not flaming or implication of it.
if ppl flame o well.
this is just my oppinion everyone is entitled to one.
share yours.
[/quote]
i did when i said ppl need to stop making these, its the exact same thing every time and lots of ppl are sick of it

My reasoning for some of the let down is the need to port the game. Some problems will be encountered if you spreading the multiplatform idea to about 4 diffrent systems.
Not only that but the development team has roughly around a year to make another game. They expand on certain aspects and add a couple new additions each year. For some of the things you are proposing they would have to compleatly redesign the game from the ground up rather than add on to a previous years installment.
I personally think this game looks great. The free roam is in the past and is playable through previous games. I'm excited about the new tag team gameplay and if they had to sacrafic a detail or two then I wouldn't mind.

[quote name='EdGasm' post='4658408' date='Jul 27 2008, 04:56 PM']My reasoning for some of the let down is the need to port the game. Some problems will be encountered if you spreading the multiplatform idea to about 4 diffrent systems.
Not only that but the development team has roughly around a year to make another game. They expand on certain aspects and add a couple new additions each year. For some of the things you are proposing they would have to compleatly redesign the game from the ground up rather than add on to a previous years installment.
I personally think this game looks great. The free roam is in the past and is playable through previous games. I'm excited about the new tag team gameplay and if they had to sacrafic a detail or two then I wouldn't mind.[/quote]

wow good feedback for once.
i thank you for actually adding to the conversation.

i think they have completely redesigned the game once it became svr it really started playing different after that.

Archived