Old School v New Era

sabasimba

Just curious to know do people want the likes of Stonecold Steve Austin, The Rock, Mankind etc. in yet again

or would they rather this game to remain old school & have guys like say for example Tito Santana, Greg

Valentine, Ricky Steamboat take their place instead. I for one would prefer this to be old school for a change.

Anyone agree or disagree??

[quote name='superflyjimmy100' post='4644951' date='Jul 25 2008, 09:19 AM']Just curious to know do people want the likes of Stonecold Steve Austin, The Rock, Mankind etc. in yet again

or would they rather this game to remain old school & have guys like say for example Tito Santana, Greg

Valentine, Ricky Steamboat take their place instead. I for one would prefer this to be old school for a change.

Anyone agree or disagree??[/quote]
That would make for a good game! I'd like to see a legends first. That would be cool!

[quote name='superflyjimmy100' post='4644951' date='Jul 25 2008, 09:19 AM']Just curious to know do people want the likes of Stonecold Steve Austin, The Rock, Mankind etc. in yet again

Anyone agree or disagree??[/quote]
I agree bcoz the motif of this game is to relive the first 15 (not sure) wrestlemanias so i would prefer to see old skool for this game

What I'm getting at is that Mankind, The Rock, Austin would in many peoples eyes belong to the newer

era than old school era of Ricky Steamboat, Greg Valentine, Tito Santana etc. Hence

my question, if it came down to it who would you prefer to be in, the old school guys mentioned or guys

like The Rock, Austin & Mankind once again??

[quote name='superflyjimmy100' post='4646646' date='Jul 25 2008, 02:22 PM']What I'm getting at is that Mankind, The Rock, Austin would in many peoples eyes belong to the newer

era than old school era of Ricky Steamboat, Greg Valentine, Tito Santana etc. Hence

my question, if it came down to it who would you prefer to be in, the old school guys mentioned or guys

like The Rock, Austin & Mankind once again??[/quote]

well i would still like to see them in but your right, we need to see some older guys to.

[quote name='superflyjimmy100' post='4646646' date='Jul 25 2008, 02:22 PM']What I'm getting at is that Mankind, The Rock, Austin would in many peoples eyes belong to the newer

like The Rock, Austin & Mankind once again??[/quote]

well i would still like to see them in but your right, we need to see some older guys to.

'' How can you call SCSA new, he has 19 years of pro wrestling experience ''

Yes I know of his in ring experience but we are talking WWE. He more or less belongs to the newer generation

of the WWE than guys like the old school guys mentioned!

I dont know where you guys are gettin off to mankind, austin, and the rock being new era...i see it like this:

Andre, Hogan, Undertaker-Old School- ====-1997.
DX, Masked Kane, Ministry Underaker, The Rock, Austin-Attitude-1997-1999.
HHH, Y2J, Angle, Benoit, RVD, Eddie, The Hardy Boyz-Smackdown Era-1999-2002ish.
Cena, Edge, Batista, Orton, MVP, Kennedy-New Era- 2002ish-2008.

'' I dont know where you guys are gettin off to mankind, austin, and the rock being new era...i see it like this:

Andre, Hogan, Undertaker-Old School- ====-1997.
DX, Masked Kane, Ministry Underaker, The Rock, Austin-Attitude-1997-1999.
HHH, Y2J, Angle, Benoit, RVD, Eddie, The Hardy Boyz-Smackdown Era-1999-2002ish.
Cena, Edge, Batista, Orton, MVP, Kennedy-New Era- 2002ish-2008. ''

You are thinking way too deep. To those of us that watched old school wrestling (well I can only speak for

myself) which is supposed to be what this game is to be based on, Austin , The Rock & Mankind are part of the

newer era of wrestling ie. after WWE/F's real boom time of mid 80's to early 90's. So what I'm saying is that if it

came down to it to put in the old school guys mentioned in the 1st post or the likes of The Rock, Mankind, Austin

which would u rather, old school or newer?

they wont be in this title atleast. read up on IGN's coverage, they said late 80s/early 90s, but this will be a series of games i believe so guys like Rock Austin and Foley will be in the later titles.

As long as this game is loaded with Tag Teams i don't care who the hell is in.

Well except Macho Man, HBK, Sherri, DiBiase, Warrior, Bret Hart, Sid etc i'd really like those in. But Yeah they better load this game with Tag Teams like the business was back then.

I honestly think that we can all take a break from playing as the like of Austin Rock and Mankind hence the reason why i am looking forward to the game to get away from them

Every Smackdown game (and other formats) have featured Austin, Rock and Mankind or Mick foley or Cactus Jack even though they have the same moveset pretty much in every game.

When i first heard of WWE LOW my min immediately went back to the time in wrestling where their were only like 6 or seven PPV's every year and the people who were around at that time in there prime!!

When i think of Mr Fuji, Bobby the brain Heenan, Bossman feuding with Nailz, Jake the Snake feuding with Earthquake or the amazing (at the time) Hogan Warrior Feud that what i call a legends game so i am pro old school

Austin, Rock and Mankind may have had many years in the business and are all legends for a newer generation (attitude era onwards), but those who lived with the old school wrestlers should get a game that is purely that

Sorry for ranting but i really want this game to be good :nod:

Archived