UFC To ReBroadcast UFC 84 On Spike TV 7/26

[quote name='MMANEWS.COM']New York, NY, July 14, 2008 �" The real elite mixed martial arts fighters in the world will be on display on Spike TV Saturday, July 26 (9:00pm-11:30 ET/PT) as the network presents a special presentation of "UFC 84: Penn vs Sherk."

"UFC 84: Penn Vs Sherk," which took place Saturday, May 24, features some of the greatest mixed martial arts talent ever assembled under one roof. During the event, BJ Penn successfully defended his lightweight crown against Sean Sherk, winning via TKO after delivering a thunderous flying knee. In light heavyweight action, Lyoto Machida exhibited his technical mastery in winning a unanimous decision against the "Huntington Beach Bad Boy" Tito Ortiz, and Wanderlei Silva delivered one of the most crushing knockouts in UFC history while defeating Keith Jardine less than a minute into their hotly anticipated matchup.

The card also featured Thiago Silva stretching his undefeated record to 4-0 since arriving in the UFC as he submitted Antonio Mendes via strikes. In addition, Goran Reljic made a huge splash in his UFC debut with a TKO of Wilson Gouveia in the first round.[/quote]
Maybe slightly an old event but it was great watching Penn TKO Sherk.

[quote name='Just Scrap' post='4586574' date='Jul 14 2008, 07:41 PM']They're only showing it to counter EliteXC's event. I'm gonna watch EliteXC that night and give it a second chance since I was already at UFC 84.[/quote]
Ew, I don't know if I'm willing to watch another EliteXC fiasco. Plus the only thing I actually want to see on that card is Nick Diaz.

id rather watch ufc, i tried to watch the EliteXc show with Kimbo, but it was too boring, including all the fights leading up to it (thats just how it seemed to me, i guess my poor attention span didnt help either)

Archived