Final Fantasy 13 announced for XBOX360!!!!

LaRRy#11

[quote name='D.A.N.' post='4584942' date='Jul 14 2008, 07:15 PM']I'm not that excited for XIII but this is a major LOL to PS3 fanboys who have been using it as a primary defense for the PS3.[/quote]
Yea, it is major LOL for PS3 fanboys. Now PS3 has no good RPG exclusives.

[quote name='BusaikuKK' post='4585124' date='Jul 14 2008, 02:44 PM']Wait, will Versus XIII be for 360, also? Or they haven't mentioned anything about it?[/quote]
They haven't mentioned anything about Versus XIII in general.

IF we lose all of Final Fantasy 13, im gunna lose it for real. Enix well be the fall of Sqaure for playstation. Anyone notice its not going to be released at the sametime as the ps3 version in japan. That tells you something.

If anyone hasnt notice, Enix's games have shifted mostly all to 360(or atleast on 360aswell) I dont know whats going on over with Sony, but if they dont stop letting exclusives go out the window left and right then they will be in alot alot of trouble.

Also this is probably why FF13 kept getting delayed. When ever Microsoft was able to get the rights 2 it aswell, probably resulted in having to port the game back to another console which took time to do, if anyone remebers it was suppost to be already out this year originally.

I doubt Microsoft cares since they suck in Japan. I've been saying for months that Square-Enix said they don't want to only support Sony like they did on PS2. I won't be surprised at all if Kingdom Hearts 3 went to the 360.

[quote name='D.A.N.' post='4585280' date='Jul 14 2008, 09:10 PM']I doubt Microsoft cares since they suck in Japan. I've been saying for months that Square-Enix said they don't want to only support Sony like they did on PS2. I won't be surprised at all if Kingdom Hearts 3 went to the 360.[/quote]

Personally, I think KH3 should be on both and so should Squenix as its bad business sense to exclude around 60% of the potential market to give us PS3 owners something to shout about on forums.

FF games are never released the same time as Japan, because translation takes about 6 months.

Damn you Square Enix! :P

Mentioned this as a great game exclusively for PS3, that won't work now :huh:

Well, well. It will still be on the PS3 though. I wonder why Sqaure choose Xbox and not the Wii. Maybe because the Xbox version is quite similar to the PS3 one.

Guest Kevsterâ„¢
Wow PS3 sure are losing their future exclusive games which is not good. Especially a big time game like FF13, one of the biggest RPGs out there. Wonder what the game is like on the 360 & I think it's the first FF game to be released on the 360 (cue for D.A.N to reply :P). I could be wrong or not who knows. Then again I don't know much aboot the FF series anyway, which I really should cause it is one of the biggest game franchises out there.

But yeah this is a big blow to PS3 imo. They needed another big name game to sell so people who don't have the PS3 can buy PS3s to pay their favourite games like MGS4 & others. PS3 need more great exclusive games like MGS4 to sell their console more.

at martyn - no in japan when Final Fantasy 13 comes out, it will be released on the ps3 b4 the 360 version is there. Only In North America and Europe will they be released on the same console at the same time.

Actually Final Fantasy XI is on 360. Square wanted it to be on everything but Wii's ultarhypergay friend codes nixed that.

And yeah, this was supposed to sell PS3 but now I'm hearing people wanting to switch to 360s now. All that "PS3 needs time to develop" stuff that people said TWO YEARS AGO is still being said. The console's in the coffin, it just needs some nails.

Guest Kevsterâ„¢
[quote name='D.A.N.' post='4585393' date='Jul 14 2008, 08:31 PM']Actually Final Fantasy XI is on 360. Square wanted it to be on everything but Wii's ultarhypergay friend codes nixed that.

And yeah, this was supposed to sell PS3 but now I'm hearing people wanting to switch to 360s now. All that "PS3 needs time to develop" stuff that people said TWO YEARS AGO is still being said. The console's in the coffin, it just needs some nails.[/quote]
Alright hmm that's quite interesting. I know that's also out in the PS2 but not on 360, the mag I read never acknowledge that one.

Yeah they do, they definitely do need nails now. Otherwise it's bye bye PS3.

I think it's time Sony ought to start playing dirty and try, and take a few 360 exclusives down with them.....I like things to be equal for both consoles and try not to see this as a run the other competition out of business type of contest. But I think there's a few eye for an eyes that need to be executed.

Can't see why PS3 will be dead and buried after this? So far the PS3 has earned: Bioshock and Mass Effect, and now, with FFXIII being availiable on the Xbox the PS3 is dead? We still have Tekken, GT5, Team Ico, Naughty Dog, God Of War and MGS 4. The fact that FFXIII is announced for Xbox will make the Xbox more popular but the PS3 will still have FFXIII and will hold on to the exclusive FFXIII Versus title. I can't see FFXIII selling much copies f the Xbox version, as Xbox "fanboys" don't prefer that kind of games.

I am just awaiting Pro Evolution Soccer to be a PS3 exclusive. That will cause a major upset for the PS3 market in Europe. I know that Sony will come back better and stronger, why can't the PS3 be a big sucsess like its predeccessors? Would have been great if Naughty Dog bought Crash Bandicoot again, even though it probably won't happen.

Things like this are slowly tempting me to get a 360. If MGS4 ever gets announced for it. I'm getting one.

I was very impressed with the early part of Microsoft's press confrence. Then after showing a guy get blown to bits in Fallout 3, they went for the whole family friendly thing. It got boring, but how the guy announced FFXIII on the 360 was kind of funny. He left the stage, an exec. of Microsoft's starts talking, and then the guy from SquareEnix, Yoichi Wada I think was his name, came back and showed the trailer for it. I think a few people in that room were stunned.

Hmm..lets see the list of PS3 RPGs. Exclusives are in bold.
[b]
Valkyria Chronicles[/b]
[b]White Knight Story
Dark Cloud 3[/b]
[b]Final Fantasy vs 13[/b]
[b]Kingdom Hearts 3[/b]
[b]Disgaea 3[/b]
[b]Folklore[/b]
Eternal Sonata
The Last Remnant
Final Fantasy 13

Star Ocean IV will probably be ported anyways, and rumour has it that there will be a Tales game for the PS3. Rumour though. But there are screens that look legit. Let us wait to see the sex Sony has for us this E3. I have such a strong feeling FF7 remake will be announced, but then again I have my doubts.

Archived