John Cena face moveset

Ravnos

Notes:

-- Start with Booker's auto setting for Standing moves. This will change Cena's up+circle grapple from the head-grab/shove-back, to the punch-and-hold.

-- This set will include old moves Cena hasn't done in a long time, so-as to avoid repeating moves. Otherwise, it's as current as can be, going right up to the July 17th edition of RAW.

-- Even though this is his face set, I will include the Dirty grapple moves.

-- I've been hating Cena ever since his face turn. Aside from his efforts with Umaga, he's bored me senseless. It almost pains me to do this set. :P

-- This may be the last set I do in a while. I don't have a PS2 right now, I have a loan of my cousin's and have to return it soon. I have a PSP on lay-away. Not sure when I'll get it, but I assure you I'll be doing more sets. :D

Okay, here we go..............

[b]Standard Actions[/b]
Ring in -- Slide in
Ring out -- Normal
Taunts -- John Cena 4 / John Cena 5 / Stand at Salute (close to Cena's fan salute) / John Cena 3
Fighting stance -- Wrestling 1
Walking & Running are Normal

[b]Standing[/b]
[b]Strike attacks[/b]
Cena Punch 2 / Toe Kick 1 / Toe Kick 2 / Cena Punch 1 / Clothesline 3 / Back Chop 4

[b]Clean Grapple[/b]
Back Chop 6 / Small package 1 / Body Knee Strike / Arm Drag Leg Drop / Wrist Clutch & Arm Wrench

[b]Dirty Grapple[/b]
Low Blow 5 / Reverse Atomic Drop / Head is Struck / Triple H Choke (this one's oldschool Cena) / Eye Rake 2 or Eye Poke 2

[b]Submission grapple[/b]
Hammer Lock / Ground Headlock (this drop toe hold is identical to his, and he used to do a headlock on the ground) / Headlock 4 / Cena Underhook / Armbar 5

[b]<Category 1> Power <Moves 1> Power[/b]
Powerslam 4 / Shoulder Thrust 1 / Suplex 10 / Spinebuster 4 / Side Slam 2

[b]<Category 2> <Moves 2> Technical[/b]
Clothesline 22 or Jumping Armbreaker (oldschool) / Belly to Belly 2 (identical to his minus the ass shake, lol) or Belly to Belly 1 / Jawbreaker 1 / Spinning Fisherman Suplex (nothing else to [ut here besides an old move) / DDT 7 (closest to his cradling fisherman suplex)

[b]<Cateogry 3> <Moves 3> Old school[/b]
Fury Punch 4 / DDT 24 / Scoop slam 5 / Coconuts Crush / Suplex 11

[b]Grapple attack[/b]
Grapple Body attack 1 / Grapple Punch 2 / Grapple Punch 4

[b]Grapple from Behind[/b]
Facecrusher 5 / Turn Facing Front / Spin Out Power Bomb / Elbow to Back of Head 2 / Forearm smash || Sleeper hold 4 or Bow & Arrow 4 / Backslide Pin or Hopping sunset flip 2 (oldschool) / Back Suplex 5 or 6 / Sidewalk Slam 5 / Chop Block

[b]Ground attacks[/b]
Angry Stomp / Fist Drop 1 (meh, I consider it a fist drop without the shuffle) / Elbow drop 1

[b]Ground grapple moves[/b]
Mounted Punching 1 / 5 Knuckle Shuffle / Sleeper Hold 6 or Leg Drop 3 || Kick to Head / Stomp on Leg or Knee Smash 1 / STF 1 (STF-U substitute)

[b]Corner attacks[/b]
Tunbuckle Body attack / Turnbuckle Clothesline 1 or Clothesline & Bulldog / Knee attack 1

[b]Corner grapple moves[/b]
10 Punch / Superplex 1 / Shoulder Thrust 2 / Superplex 2 / Mudhole Stomping 1

[b]Lower corner grapple move[/b]: Stomping Mudhole

[b]Corner grapple from Behind[/b]
Turnbuckle smash / Toss 1 (the only good catapult, screw Toss 2, I want them to hit the buckle) / Toss into Ring Post (battering ram) / Snake Eyes / Forearm to Back

[b]Rope - Groggy on Ropes[/b]
Groin Shaker or Elbow & Irish Whip

[b]Rope - Rebound attacks[/b]
Shoulder Thrust 2 / Elbow Drop 5 / Vaulting Body Press 2

[b]Rope - Diving out of Ring Attack[/b]
Baseball Slide 1

[b]Diving vs. Standing opponent[/b]
Diving Cross Body Pin 2 / Double Axe Handle 3

[b]Diving vs. downed opponent[/b]
Diving Elbow Drop or Near Elbow Drop / Near Body Splash / Near Leg Drop

[b]Dash[/b]
Clothesline 13 (for the fact the guy gets up.. Cena likes to hit two) / Running Shoulder Attack 2

[b]Dash - Running Grapple[/b]
Lou Thesz Press or Spear 1 / DDT 1 (yep again)

[b]Dash - Rear Techniques[/b]
Bulldog 3 / School Boy Pin 2 or Throw Back (man I miss the Throwback... argh)

[b]Dash - Running Ground attack[/b]
Double Axe Handle 5 / Running Leg Drop or Elbow Drop 2

[b]Dash - Counter Attack[/b]
Hip Toss 4 / Back Body Drop 2 / Drop Toe Hold

[b]Tag Team standing[/b]
**Cena moveset default**

[b]Tag Team corner[/b]
**Cena moveset default

[b]Special - Finishers[/b]
Fireman Carry (quick F-U)
F-U 2

[b]Special - favorites[/b]
Fireman Carry (quick F-U)
Belly to Belly 2 or 1
Spin Out Powerbomb or DDT 7

Chair Finishers
DDT 23
Guillotine 2

Combination Attack
1st -- Outlaw Punches 1 *reversed*
2nd -- Outlaw punches 1 *reversed*
3rd -- Smash Right Punch

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

*censored* the damn STF-U. Waste of a finisher. I don't care if it wins matches. STF is reliable for that normally. No need for a finisher slot wasted on it.

STF 2 is nowhere near what Cena does. That's the Regal Stretch.

I refuse to give Cena F-U 1 because the animation on it sucks so hard it makes me wonder if THQ is on drugs.

Yes, I missed the Headlock 4 in Submission grapple and I'll get a spinebuster in Power.

Technical grapple updated.

I don't use the STF as a finisher too as I like to do the FU into the STF, and a finisher into a finisher tends to get countered easier than a finisher into a grapple.

I use Fireman's carry also.

Fireman Carry may be weak (that's why I made it a favorite), but it indeed is the F-U. Cena doesn't always fall into the landing anyways. Like I say, F-U is balls. F-U 2 is okay, but it's retarded when you taunt and kick them every time you do an F-U. Cena never kicks before it nowadays anyways. The only finisher that needs a kick is the Stunner variations.

& yes, finishers into finishers get countered often.

^ Cena usually lifts them higher than that, and almost never holds the bridge for the pin.

[quote name='Ravnos' post='364407' date='Jul 18 2006, 01:22 PM']Fireman Carry may be weak (that's why I made it a favorite), but it indeed is the F-U. Cena doesn't always fall into the landing anyways. Like I say, F-U is balls. F-U 2 is okay, but it's retarded when you taunt and kick them every time you do an F-U. Cena never kicks before it nowadays anyways. The only finisher that needs a kick is the Stunner variations.

& yes, finishers into finishers get countered often.[/quote]

Plus, usually people end up toe kicking their opponent before doing a finisher anyway. A lot of the time it annoys me when I kick someone to get them into Pedigree position, then I just kick them again in the animation. I just don't like the Fireman's Carry as a finisher because he never drops to one knee and does it, plus in the Fireman's Carry, you kind of drop them in front of you.

In Power I would replace Spinebuster 4 and add in the Clothesline he had originally, the taunt at the end looks like him In my opinion. Then in Technical add in Booker T's Spinebuster or the powerful one, I prefer Bookers. Also hes been saluting ALOT recently so, I would add the salute taunt to his taunts. I dont think I've seen anyone do Coconuts Crush so I would put Hip Toss 4 in his Old School grapples to replace it. Other than those things I like the set, I may use it seeing his in-game is horrible and I dont want 6 moves lol.

Stand At Salute I'll add.

John Cena alternates between turning and not turning with hi spinebusters, so I'm sticking with what I have.

Clothesline in Power? Cena never short-arm clotheslines, for one. That's what I had. Taunt? You mean the Rock's clothesline? No, that has nothing to do with Cena at all.

Coconuts Crush I substituted as a full-stop of the opponent and hitting a knee to the mid section. It hits the head.... apparently. Frankly, the move is not very well animated. It doesn't even look like the knee hits them.

[quote name='ThreeG' post='364032' date='Jul 18 2006, 03:43 PM']I don't use the STF as a finisher too as I like to do the FU into the STF, and a finisher into a finisher tends to get countered easier than a finisher into a grapple.

I use Fireman's carry also.[/quote]

Wait a minute......you actually use Cena in the game? I thought you'd be whoopin' his ass with an Akio caw or something lol.

Clothesline 22 looks odd on Cena(and everyone else), thats why I made the suggestion of #19. If he never does short armed clotheslines, why have it in the moveset? :???: Also now I understand why you gave him Coconuts Crush. Anyway, I just put the set on Cena, and its wayyy better than the original. :)

It's just an option. Clothesline 22, which he's done on SD! but with the right arm, and Jumping Armbreaker, which he also hasn't done in ages. I just didn't want to use a repeat for any move slots, so I used oldschool moves.

Oh, & thanks dude. :)

[quote name='CaptainHowdy187' post='366319' date='Jul 19 2006, 01:46 AM'][quote name='ThreeG' post='364032' date='Jul 18 2006, 03:43 PM']
I don't use the STF as a finisher too as I like to do the FU into the STF, and a finisher into a finisher tends to get countered easier than a finisher into a grapple.

I use Fireman's carry also.[/quote]

Wait a minute......you actually use Cena in the game? I thought you'd be whoopin' his ass with an Akio caw or something lol.
[/quote]
I actually quite like using him, its fun doing his combo :)

And about the Spinebuster, Booker T's spinebuster or The Rock's (sorta worked)
Although, the Old Rock spinebuster was perfect.

^You could say please. :lol:

Anyway, welcome InFiniTe7924.

Oh, and I'd give him the Lou Thesz Press instead of Facecrusher 4. See, when he went for that facecrusher by running straight at Umaga, Umaga had to turn to the side so Cena could hit his one handed facebuster, number 5. You could also give him Neckbreaker 2 there. Since he's been on RAW, he's went for a Throwback-ish move a few times, but he botches it and it looks like a neckbreaker.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived