The 2009 trailer has announced Co-Op Season, and more tag teams

For a few years now, video gamers have been asking, complaining, and threatening to get a Co-Op Season Mode.
And in 2008, we didn't have enough tag teams in the game that should have been in the game. I.E. WGTT, Londrick, and the Tag Team Champions at the time, Cade & Murdoch.

THQ and YUKE's have confirmed in their first trailer for 2009 that they have fixed both of these.

Sounds really good right? Well, knowing THQ and YUKE's, do [b]not[/b] be surprised if 2009's Season Mode is all about tag teams.

IGN: What does that mean for the single-player career or storyline? Is there a single-player component to that, or is there something different?

Ledesma: Absolutely, there will be multiple stories. There are multiple Superstars you can take through on their path to WrestleMania, and so we're offering one tag team story, but we're also offering a lot of single-player stories as well, so you build up experience [for] different Superstars, and this year, each story is tailored around that Superstar and a much more specific storyline around that Superstar. So [there] won't be a lot of generic stories where you see Undertaker's not really doing something that you would see him doing on programming or is kind of generic that old roles can fit that. It's more that this is the Undertaker in the WWE and you get to live that life and you get to experience his path to WrestleMania.

:)

So what if it's all about tag teams? If they improved on tag team matches then it's not a big deal if it's centered around tag teams. Everyone wins the World title and there's no fun in that so they should open the doors and make something new. We haven't had a tag team wrestling game since NES with the Strongbads.

[quote name='Devil 360' post='3998337' date='Mar 28 2008, 11:21 AM']For a few years now, video gamers have been asking, complaining, and threatening to get a Co-Op Season Mode.
And in 2008, we didn't have enough tag teams in the game that should have been in the game. I.E. WGTT, Londrick, and the Tag Team Champions at the time, Cade & Murdoch.

THQ and YUKE's have confirmed in their first trailer for 2009 that they have fixed both of these.

Sounds really good right? Well, knowing THQ and YUKE's, do [b]not[/b] be surprised if 2009's Season Mode is all about tag teams.[/quote]
i was reading the interview and i was thinking about that. I believe that this is game (and so as the interview) are too focused on tag teams. I hope two things: that the roster is going to be the biggest, the best and the most up-to-date not only on PS3 and XBOX 360 but also on PS2 or if that doesn't happen that i have a PS3 by the time that this game comes out. Also, i believe that this game it's gonna be the best ever.

[quote name='@HHH@' post='3998350' date='Mar 28 2008, 05:25 AM']IGN: What does that mean for the single-player career or storyline? Is there a single-player component to that, or is there something different?

Ledesma: Absolutely, there will be multiple stories. There are multiple Superstars you can take through on their path to WrestleMania, and so we're offering one tag team story, but we're also offering a lot of single-player stories as well, so you build up experience [for] different Superstars, and this year, each story is tailored around that Superstar and a much more specific storyline around that Superstar. So [there] won't be a lot of generic stories where you see Undertaker's not really doing something that you would see him doing on programming or is kind of generic that old roles can fit that. It's more that this is the Undertaker in the WWE and you get to live that life and you get to experience his path to WrestleMania.[/quote]
Ledesma is very well known to be a liar.

[quote name='y2j4ever19' post='3998367' date='Mar 28 2008, 05:29 AM']i was reading the interview and i was thinking about that. I believe that this is game (and so as the interview) are too focused on tag teams. I hope two things: that the roster is going to be the biggest, the best and the most up-to-date not only on PS3 and XBOX 360 but also on PS2 or if that doesn't happen that i have a PS3 by the time that this game comes out. Also, i believe that this game it's gonna be the best ever.[/quote]
Don't get your hopes up. And I heard the roster will be smaller.
Plus, people should not be mentioning the PS2 anymore. The PS2 is dead and this game will not be for it.

[quote name='Devil 360' post='3998398' date='Mar 28 2008, 11:36 AM'][quote name='@HHH@' post='3998350' date='Mar 28 2008, 05:25 AM']IGN: What does that mean for the single-player career or storyline? Is there a single-player component to that, or is there something different?

Ledesma: Absolutely, there will be multiple stories. There are multiple Superstars you can take through on their path to WrestleMania, and so we're offering one tag team story, but we're also offering a lot of single-player stories as well, so you build up experience [for] different Superstars, and this year, each story is tailored around that Superstar and a much more specific storyline around that Superstar. So [there] won't be a lot of generic stories where you see Undertaker's not really doing something that you would see him doing on programming or is kind of generic that old roles can fit that. It's more that this is the Undertaker in the WWE and you get to live that life and you get to experience his path to WrestleMania.[/quote]
Ledesma is very well known to be a liar.

[quote name='y2j4ever19' post='3998367' date='Mar 28 2008, 05:29 AM']i was reading the interview and i was thinking about that. I believe that this is game (and so as the interview) are too focused on tag teams. I hope two things: that the roster is going to be the biggest, the best and the most up-to-date not only on PS3 and XBOX 360 but also on PS2 or if that doesn't happen that i have a PS3 by the time that this game comes out. Also, i believe that this game it's gonna be the best ever.[/quote]
Don't get your hopes up. And I heard the roster will be smaller.
Plus, people should not be mentioning the PS2 anymore. The PS2 is dead and this game will not be for it.
[/quote]
well i certainly disagree with you. First, i'm not putting my hopes up as i know what THQ has been doing to the Smackdown series games. Secondly, can you post the link where you HAVE HEARD that the roster will be smaller? Then, the PS2 will be mentioned everytime at least until a single person in this world has it. And also, WWE Smackdown vs RAW 2009 is confirmed to be for PS3, XBOX 360, PSP, PS2, NINTENDO DS, WII and for mobiles. And not least important, i reckon that this game should be for PS2 as there aren't many people with PS3s on their hands. I have a PS2, i'm proud of it, i like it and despite that PS2 is old, it's still rockin'. (Off Topic: Flair is still competing isn't he?). Plus, i think that you are overing people's dreams: if people want to believe that this game is going to be that best, if they want to believe that we will have the biggest roster, not only the tag team storyline but also the single storyline, if people want to believe in all of that, let them believe. DREAMS DO COME TRUE. Of course that this is my opinion.

Archived