Official RBS Six Nations 2008 Thread

.DUB

With the tournament starting this weekend, I thought I'd make the thread. ;)

[quote][b]Saturday 2 February 2008[/b]
[i]Ireland v Italy - 2pm
England v Wales - 4:30pm[/i]
[b]Sunday 3 February 2008[/b]
[i]Scotland v France - 3pm[/i]

[b]Saturday 9 February 2008[/b]
[i]Wales v Scotland - 2pm
France v Ireland - 4pm[/i]
[b]Sunday 10 February 2008[/b]
[i]Italy v England - 2:30pm[/i]

[b]Saturday 23 February 2008[/b]
[i]Wales v Italy - 3pm
Ireland v Scotland - 5pm
France v England - 8pm
[/i]

[b]Saturday 8 March 2008[/b]
[i]Ireland v Wales - 1:15pm
Scotland v England - 3:15pm[/i]
[b]Sunday 9 March 2008[/b]
[i]France v Italy - 3pm[/i]

[b]Saturday 15 March 2008[/b]

[i]Italy v Scotland - 1pm
England v Ireland - 3pm
Wales v France - 5pm[/i][/quote]

Not sure what to think about Ireland going into the tournament. Coming off the most disappointing World Cup ever, O'Sullivan made only three changes, because he had to. Horgan and O'Connell are injured and Hickie's retired. <_<
The team should be;

15. Girvan Dempsey
14. Geordan Murphy/Tommy Bowe
13. Brian O'Driscoll
12. Gordan D'Arcy
11. Luke Fitzgerald

10. Ronan O'Gara
9. Eoin Reddan

8. Jamie Heaslip
7. David Wallace
6. Denis Leamy
5. Leo Cullen
4. Donnacha O'Callaghan
3. John Hayes
2. Bernard Jackman
1. Marcus Horan

But it's not. <_<
I hope the cop on to themselves and do well. We've got France and England away, so it'll be tough.

Would of liked to see Cipriani starting for England, he's been great for Wasps this year. But lack of experience may have cost him in the end. Pity, he's a great prospect and he will be one of the biggest players in the world within 5 years. Glad to see Strettle back from injury, I rate him highly.

But it should be an interesting tournament considering it's the fallout from the World Cup. So feel free to discuss it here. :cool:

It looks like we both have something to celebrate :P Though both didn't have anything near a comfortable win, congrats.. shame about D'Arcy. Hopefully now that we got England out of the way it will give us the boost to play like we did 2nd half, we already have the belief.. though it doesn't matter if we don't win the nations because..

As long as we beat the english! ;)!

That was embarrassing. Although I fully expect 'The Volcano' to rip apart the rest of the teams. I also believe we need to stop Wilkinson from taking penalty's 40 odd yards out, yea he can get them sometimes, but Wales were playing awful first half and we could easily have kicked to touch and built on it from there.

Yeah pity about D'Arcy. Means Horgan will probably be recalled into centre, or Trimble in centre and Horgan on the wing. Really good win for Wales (congrats :P), but I only saw the first half so I didn't see when they were supposed to have played best. :(
I still think Cipriani should be playing fly half with Wilkinson in first centre, that would be good. Cipriani's been on fire for Wasps. I saw Vanikolo's catch for Flood's try or whatever his name is. I'm kinda annoyed Strettle went off, I like him. He has a great potential.

Scotland Vs. France today, and I wouldn't be surprised if Scotland won. :P

• 3 weeks later...
Great day for Wales, just what we needed to rack up the numbers on the table and then to finish it off, for once in Welsh history we actually wanted England to do well in something and you came through for us, though not as comfortable as BBC are selling it. Shame the Scottish didn't take out Ireland for us, would have made it even greater.

They should rename BBC Sport to EBC Sport, English Broadcasting.. they are so biased towards English that it's passed what you'd expect from the morons who commentate/analyze. Before any match started, all BBC were going on about and showing clips of was England.. Nevermind the fact that England's match was last and there were two matches before it. What was BBC News big Sports story? No, it's not the fact that Wales are the only team who can win the grandslam and had a great match today, it's that England scraped a win against a poor France and they are selling it as if England dominated the match and are now top of the nations, even calling the win over France historical.. give me a break.

I thought England played quite well against France. They dominated the French three quarter line that's so dangerous and didn't give them room to move. But you're right, if France had played well, it would of been an bigger accomplishment. But a win is all that matters in the end. And now Wales are the only team going for the Grand Slam. BBC have always been horribly biased though, so not really surprised.

[quote]Shame the Scottish didn't take out Ireland for us, would have made it even greater.[/quote]

Oh God, Scotland were awful. They were defense was embarassing and where the hell was Rory Lamont for two tries? Know the back row move Ireland (Wallace) scored their first try from yesterday? Yeah, I play rugby and we use that move. And at the level we play from our opponents don't even fall for it. <_<
Geordan Murphy actually played pretty well, considering he basically lost us the French match in every way possible. <_<

Didn't see the Wales match, but expected them to win. Probably not by that margin, but still. If we can win our next two matches against Wales and England we'll be in with a shot at the championship again. But the lack of tries scored against Italy will probably *censored* us over on points for that. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Archived