PSP CAWs, USB and Hack questions.

Vulpes R

So I have had SvR2006 since the first day it came out. I also bought 07 & 08 yet still find myself going back to 06. With 3 memory cards fulls of CAWs and such on 06, plus just better gameplay in my opinion, I just can't seem to get into the new games.

Over Christmas I bought myself a PSP and have been thinking about getting SvR 2006 for it. Reading through reviews I found an interesting little tid-bit in a review:

[b]Created wrestlers are a different story. It's still pretty fun to create them on a PSP (with all the same options and items), and if you have the PS2 version and a basic USB cable you can link your two systems and send all your CAWs over within seconds. In fact, if you have both then I'd advise creating them on the PS2 and then sending them over.[/b]

Now I have a few questions.

#1 I have read on a few sites that the CAWs in the PSP version do not have as many layers as the PS2 version. Is this true?

#2 Many of my homebrew CAWs have hacks for movesets, hair layers, etc. Will this be a problem on the PSP?

#3 What's your general opinion on this game?

#4 How do the other PSP wrestling games stack up?

Thanks muchly.

1. 32 layers
2. No problem. None at all
3. I Personally love 2006, I can't stand 2007 or 2008. I love the movesets you can do in06 without hack and I like backstage brawlz. And your PS2 CAWs will looks amazing on the PSP Verson
4. Much better then 2007 and 2008 on the PSP. I can't stand them. I always play 06 on my PSP and PS2.

Also. It's really cheap now so get it and enjoy it. :D

[quote name='Mr.DickDan' post='3564564' date='Jan 9 2008, 05:14 AM']1. 32 layers
2. No problem. None at all
3. I Personally love 2006, I can't stand 2007 or 2008. I love the movesets you can do in06 without hack and I like backstage brawlz. And your PS2 CAWs will looks amazing on the PSP Verson
4. Much better then 2007 and 2008 on the PSP. I can't stand them. I always play 06 on my PSP and PS2.

Also. It's really cheap now so get it and enjoy it. :D[/quote]

Thank you muchly, your words alone have inspired me to pick this game up this weekend. One last question now that I think about it, how many CAW slots do you get? I hate having to switch between memory cards on my PS2 to swap around rosters. D:

• 4 weeks later...
Welp, I got the game in the mail and tried it out. For the most part it's exactly like the PS2 version with a few exceptions I have found:

1. I was sort of right about the layers. When making a CAW in PSP you only get a certain amount of layers. In saying that, you can transfer over the PS2 CAWs with the layers intact, but you can't edit them in PSP. No real problem there, since making CAWs on PS2 is faster and easier.

2. No CAWs in Royal Rumble. Boo. D:

3. When it comes to hacks I have made using Gameshark on my PS2, some of the layer hacks I have noticed are a little glitchy. A) The crotch blur hack does not work. B) Some CAWs with multiple hair layers or other weird hacks such as two different boots look a little odd and sometimes the entrances of these CAWs doesn't show up.

4. Load times with CAWs are insane, and this is with a slim PSP on latest firmware to boot. e.e

I would like to add something else for ya. The CAWs you import from PS2 have more layers and that's why the load times are ridiculously long. So the more layers and/or hacks you have on them just be ready to wait 5-10 mins. for a match to even start.

Archived