"iMPACT!" Preview: 4 Gauntlets, 1 Night

MKO*

[quote]This Thursday night at 9pm, TNA Wrestling returns to SpikeTV for two hours of Total Nonstop Action as TNA continues down the road to the January 6 “Final Resolution” Pay-Per-View event! The below is a preview of what is scheduled to take place on the broadcast:

- The big question is will “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles make his final decision on which side he will choose: either TNA World Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle or “The Instant Classic” Christian Cage? Both Cage and Angle have demanded that Styles make his decision – and they want an answer ASAP. What about AJ’s tag team partner Tomko? Will he stay with Angle or return to Cage’s side before the big Final Resolution main event showdown between Cage and Angle? Tune in this Thursday night to find out AJ’s answer!

- Also this Thursday night, TNAwrestling.com has learned that for the first time in wrestling history, four gauntlet matches will take place on one night to determine the rankings for the TNA Championships. There will be a Tag Team Gauntlet, a Women’s Gauntlet, an X Division Gauntlet and a Heavyweight Gauntlet. The participants for each Gauntlet are as follows:

[b]TAG TEAM GAUNTLET:[/b]
The Latin American Xchange
Rock N’ Rave Infection
Voodoo Kin Mafia
Team 3D
Motor City Machineguns

[b]KNOCKOUT WOMEN’S GAUNTLET:[/b]
Velvet Sky
Christy Hemme
Awesome Kong
Angelina Love
Ms. Brooks
ODB
Roxxi Laveaux
[b]
X DIVISION GAUNTLET:[/b]
Petey Williams
“The Guru” Sonjay Dutt
Johnny Devine
“Primetime” Elix Skipper
Shark Boy
Senshi
[b]
HEAVYWEIGHT GAUNTLET:[/b]
Abyss
Kevin Nash
Booker T
Christian Cage
Samoa Joe
Black Reign
“Wildcat” Chris Harris
Kaz
Rellik
Robert Roode
Eric Young
Scott Steiner
Judas Mesias
“Cowboy” James Storm

- Finally, TNA Management Director Jim Cornette will announce the full card for the January 6 “Final Resolution” Pay-Per-View on Thursday’s broadcast! All this and much more on “iMPACT!”[/quote]
:TNAWrestling.com

[quote name='ZebFAN06' post='3501353' date='Dec 30 2007, 06:36 AM']IS this a normal battle royal, or a reverse lame one. If it's normal I'll enjoy the show. It'll beat 10 man tag matches lol, but if it's reverse battle royals, I'll probably not tune in.[/quote]
It's TNA Gauntlet rules where two competitors start out a match, and a new competitor enters every 60 seconds. Battle Royal rules apply until two competitors are left, and then they start a one-on-one match.

I actually like the idea of all gauntets in one episode of iMPACT!, but TNA is definately cheapening the prestige of the Gauntlet.

[quote name='Big Poopy³' post='3520057' date='Jan 2 2008, 07:09 AM'][quote name='ZebFAN06' post='3501353' date='Dec 30 2007, 06:36 AM']IS this a normal battle royal, or a reverse lame one. If it's normal I'll enjoy the show. It'll beat 10 man tag matches lol, but if it's reverse battle royals, I'll probably not tune in.[/quote]
It's TNA Gauntlet rules where two competitors start out a match, and a new competitor enters every 60 seconds. Battle Royal rules apply until two competitors are left, and then they start a one-on-one match.

I actually like the idea of all gauntets in one episode of iMPACT!, but TNA is definately cheapening the prestige of the Gauntlet.
[/quote]

What Prestige they've used the Gimmicks so much over the last year there is none left.

Archived