3D/X-Division - What's Wrong?

Del

Alright, well it started off in one topic where people said Team 3D should be released. Now I've seen up to five topics where people've stated that Team 3D should be fired, because they "have nothing to do" and "bury X-Division wrestlers."
There's quite a few problems I have with this statement, number one being that this storyline alone has put four workers over WAY further than they would be without it.

Shelley/Sabin - What were they doing before the feud w/ 3D? Exactly, nothing. Two talented guys that looked to be going to waste.
Lethal - Your X-Division Champion has done nothing but defend the title in matches that had no story behind 'em. Why? No idea.
Devine - I think it's obvious that this guy was sitting in a warm room backstage, rotting. He was "in" Serotonin - a group that made random appearances once a month for a year, and now that he's aligned with five workers more over than him, he's a serious threat to the X Title, and considered a midcarder.

So, what's the problem here? I don't think Team 3D should be fired any time soon. They're doing so much good for the company atm. They have a real talented roster, but the problem is that most of their talent is having difficulty getting over. 3D have gotten four X-Division workers over in two months, so I say let the feud continue for a bit longer, maybe get Dutt or something over, then possibly feud with the Rock N Rave Infection - put the younger workers over again.

So what do you guys think? Should Team 3D go, should the storyline go, or should they both stay?

3D shouldn't go. I think the only reason people think they should is because they generate so much damn genuine heat as a heel tag team. Hell they're easily one of, arguably the best heel team of all time. But they shouldn't go. I didn't like TNA overusing them in the tag division all the time but as you can see, they can be used outside of it effectively.

I Still think Team 3D are a waste of space and money, they aren't needed in TNA at all and to quote on you:

[b]Shelley/Sabin - What were they doing before the feud w/ 3D? Exactly, nothing. Two talented guys that looked to be going to waste.[/b]
Shelley and Sabin could have got where they are now and further without the help of this storyline, they were top X-Division wrestlers, have tons of fans and always have worked great as a team.
[b]Lethal - Your X-Division Champion has done nothing but defend the title in matches that had no story behind 'em. Why? No idea.[/b]
He isn't even THAT involved in this storyline either untill very recently, i don't think Lethal is a good champ and doesn't provide anything for a good storyline no matter who he's against since he's too much of a comedy spin-off act and he's very over with the TNA Crowd anyway, if anyone helped him get over it was Angle dropping the title to him.
[b]Devine - I think it's obvious that this guy was sitting in a warm room backstage, rotting. He was "in" Serotonin - a group that made random appearances once a month for a year, and now that he's aligned with five workers more over than him, he's a serious threat to the X Title, and considered a midcarder.[/b]
Devine was pretty popular before he was in Serotonin and hasn't really come up the card much due to this angle, he was often chucked in X-Division matches now and again while he was with Serotonin.

[b]So, what's the problem here? I don't think Team 3D should be fired any time soon. They're doing so much good for the company atm. They have a real talented roster, but the problem is that most of their talent is having difficulty getting over. 3D have gotten four X-Division workers over in two months, so I say let the feud continue for a bit longer, maybe get Dutt or something over, then possibly feud with the Rock N Rave Infection - put the younger workers over again.[/b]

Problem is, Team 3D are poor wrestlers combined with poor mic. skills and showmanship. Anyone could have been used to get those wrestlers over and probably done a better job of it, LAX have alot of rep, xXx are an established team in TNA and The Steiners (is Rick still there? i know he's representing TNA in NJPW soon with Scott) are Legendary and when they can be bothered they are good wrestlers. TNA has already shown that you don't even have to be over as a tag team to be champs; Tomko and Styles weren't an actual team for long when they got the belts and Tomko isn't even that liked in TNA, he just happens to be stuck with his team mates through his past relation with Christian and possibly to keep TNA's relationship with NJPW alive or he'd be Mid-carding with the rest.

Actually the storyline is great and they should stay, its a storyline of 3 heels going after a whole division because they think that that division sucks, at the same time their facing that division their putting over wrestlers in the x division sure dudleys put a lots of them through tables and beat up alot of them but at the same time they got beat also and got xdivisionized lol, so this storyline is good 3d is good heels end of story. And the reason 3d recruited devine is because devine is heel and if he was against a heel team then that wouldnt make sence, and devine isnt wat there trying to kill, x diviision isnt just cruiserweights it can be anyone that is like really great like samoa joe hes big guys and really fast thats why he can be in x divions n stuff.

[quote name='Wrestle_Kingdom2007' post='3403914' date='Dec 13 2007, 07:30 PM']Actually the storyline is great and they should stay, its a storyline of 3 heels going after a whole division because they think that that division sucks, at the same time their facing that division their putting over wrestlers in the x division sure dudleys put a lots of them through tables and beat up alot of them but at the same time they got beat also and got xdivisionized lol, so this storyline is good 3d is good heels end of story.[/quote]

What?
Team Dudley they are trying to destroy the X-Division yet at the same time they are working with an X-Division guy, how can that make sense, if your trying to destroy something the last thing you want to do is have a guy from that division help you.

like I said johnny devine is a heel so it makes perfect since he is with 3d, I would rather see raven or relik and dustin team with 3d instead but it does make sence, it wouldnt make since if devine, a heel was after 3d because heels dont face heels these days even tho they should to fight to see who is more cockier and who can back it up more..

[quote name='Wrestle_Kingdom2007' post='3403956' date='Dec 13 2007, 07:40 PM']like I said johnny devine is a heel so it makes perfect since he is with 3d, I would rather see raven or relik and dustin team with 3d instead but it does make sence, it wouldnt make since if devine, a heel was after 3d because heels dont face heels these days even tho they should to fight to see who is more cockier and who can back it up more..[/quote]

You still haven't gave me a good reason why it makes perfect sense, so what if Devine is a heel, hell he is also apart of what Team 3D are trying to destroy, and by that it makes no sense whatsoever. If you are fighting with someone a school in a really heated fight, the last thing you will do is make friends with him, just like if you are really good friends with someone the last thing you would do is get into a fight with them. And yes I do know that Heels align with Heels but then again the last thing you would do is have someone the same disposition as you who is joined to that certain Division join you, it makes no sense what so ever.

Actually devine really isnt even in x division latley, Sure he is a cruiser guy and faced alot of x division guys before but latley he isnt really an x divison guy, he was havok with raven and that had nothing to do with x division, he was in team canada and he did do wrestling with x divison guys then but you don't get wat x divison is its not a cruiser divison so just because hes a cruiser doesnt mean he has to be apart of the x dvision. Aj styles is a cruiser and hes not currently doing x division stuff so why cant devine be a cruiser and not be in x divison?

[quote name='Wrestle_Kingdom2007' post='3404221' date='Dec 13 2007, 08:39 PM']Actually devine really isnt even in x division latley, Sure he is a cruiser guy and faced alot of x division guys before but latley he isnt really an x divison guy, he was havok with raven and that had nothing to do with x division, he was in team canada and he did do wrestling with x divison guys then but you don't get wat x divison is its not a cruiser divison so just because hes a cruiser doesnt mean he has to be apart of the x dvision. Aj styles is a cruiser and hes not currently doing x division stuff so why cant devine be a cruiser and not be in x divison?[/quote]

I strictly remember TNA referring it as "it's not about Weight Limits, it's about no limits", and I'm not strictly talking about him being a Cruiserweight/Jr Heavyweight/Light Heavyweight, I'm talking about the fact TNA building this off as a traitor within the X-Division, so if Devine is not apart of the X-Division TNA has done a pretty good job of fooling me by passing it off as a Traitor within the X-Division, I honestly don't see the point in what TNA is doing by teaming Devine who is apart of the Division Team 3D are trying to destroy it makes no sense.

Archived