---------------Implementing The Career Mode From MLB 2006: The Show-----------------

Kane McGrady Manny

[color="#FF0000"]MLB 2006: The Show [/color]

I was thinking, if MLB can have a career mode be a hit, why can't WWE? The Career Mode in Mlb 2006 The Show had to be my favorite mode in the game. In that mode you started off as a free agent who got to choose which team he wanted to be on. Then you had to prove you were worthy of the team by playing well in Spring Training. If the team liked you and you made a good performance, you would have a contract to their team that you were able to negotiate. After you sign the contract, you are brought up to their AAA or AA teams, it depends how good you are compared to their teams.
Once you go through a few years and gain your experience, you will be able to get called up to "The Show" or the majors. This is the best of ther best. You will be able to prove your worth by carrying your team to the world championship series. You are also able to become a Hall-of-Famer. Their is a meter that let's you go from a Rookie to a Veteran to an All-Star to a Hall-of-Famer.
With this feature, it got me thinking. How about adding this to the Smackdown! Series games. In this thread, I will discuss how this mode will work and what would happen with certain moves. Enjoy the read.

[color="#FF0000"]Created or Existing Wrestler [/color]

When you press "Career Mode" in your game, it will take you to a screen that says "Use Created Wrestler or Make new Wrestler or Use existing Wrestler". After this, if you choose "create new wrestler/Created Wrestler" then the rest of this thread applies to you. If you chose "existing wrestler" then you will pick up where that Superstar is right now in their current career, or where it is when the game was made.

[color="#FF0000"]Proving your worth [/color]

After you choose your Created Wrestler and have him set with the moves you want and the clothes you want then you will have to prove you are worth the WWE. You will first set your skills with a set amount of attribute points that are given to you in the beginning. After you set your attribute points you will be taken to a locker room where you have to face WWE jobbers and try to defeat them. (scotty 2 hotty and stevn richards etc) Once you defeat enough of them or you get really strong, Vince Mcmahon will send you an e-mail or call you, depending on what they would use in that mode. He would say you will have a shot to make the WWE by taking on someone that is a low carder (chris masters and Matt Hardy etc etc). If you defeat this low carder, you will be offered a contract from Raw and Smackdown. You choose which show you want to wrestle for and negotiate on the contract.

[color="#FF0000"]Negotiating the Contract[/color]
After you choose which show you want to be on you negotiate the contract signing. You will be offered X amount of money for wrestling X amount of years. Their will also be options on the contract. The options will be Title rematch clause and other stuff (I really can't think of any others for the options). But, don't forget that the WWE has reserved the right to decline you a contract option if they don't think you deserve it, and they can deny the amount of money and amount of years you want. The contract negotiations will happen every time your contract expires so it is a reoccuring proccess.

[color="#FF0000"]The B-Show [/color]

No, I'm not talking about Smackdown!, I am talking about Velocity and Heat. Once you get your contract signed you will face low carders and Jobbers at the B-Show. You might go through a couple of storylines in here. You will be able to make friends and enemies. You would even be able to form tag teams from this part of the show, that is why this section of the Career Mode is so important. Once you get noticed and are ready to move to your house show, which might take a few seasons.

[color="#FF0000"]The Show[/color]

After you get called up to Smackdown or Raw, which I will call "The Show", you will just start doing matches basically against jobbers to get more experience. After a while though, you will get involved in a storyline. This won't take more then 6 months because no one wants to face jobbers for a really long time.
After your first storyline, you will be able to get an oppurtunity at being a tag team. You and your tag team member that you found from The B-Show will start tagging on The Show. After you start racking up alot of wins you will get a non-title match against the champions. If you win then you get a shot at their titles, or you will keep facing them for a while but eventually will get a shot at their titles. If you lose you and your partner will break up and fued.
After a year or two maybe, or if you get really good before or later then that, you will have an oppurtunity competing against the United States Champion. You will have a match with him and if you win you are number one contendor for his title at the next Pay-Per-View, if you lose you will keep trying to get a title shot by owning everyone that comes to you, or demanding a rematch.
The World Heavyweight Championship will come towards you late 20's-mid 30's in your career mode. You will start getting oppurtunities for the number one contendorship. If you prove you are really good, you will be able to challenge for the title even earlier in your career.

[color="#FF0000"]The Hall-of-Fame [/color]

If you have had a very successful career and/or have filled the meter then you will be inducted into the Hall-of-Fame after you retire. The Hall-of-Fame will show all of your accomplishments and career records.

[color="#FF0000"]Career Interactions [/color]

You will of course have Career Interactions that could affect your career. The choices will be-
1.Challenge Tag team champions
2.Challenge United States Champion
3.Challenge World Heavyweight Champion
4.Switch Brands
5.Make a heel/face switch
6.attack [insert_superstars_name_here] after their match
7.Issue open challenge
8.Retire from WWE

Of course, when you challenge for a title you will need certain SP (yes, I am bringing back superstar points) and you will need to be at a certain point in your meter (rookie or more for tag team, veteran or more for us/ic, all-star for whc/wwe).

Conclusion
Overall, this mode could be very effective in the Smackdown! series and could be a fan favorite to many, including me.

Replies are appreciated and hope you enjoyed the read.

Archived