*Official* ~Cheats, Codes, Guides, and Unlockables~

This topic is to help those who play Smackdown! vs RAW 2008 Featuring ECW. Everytime I find a Cheat or Unlockable that is not listed on this post, I will add it as soon as possible. If you know something that we don't (or that is simply not listed here), please share it with us. I'll give credit to you for each chead/code or unlockable that you submit.

Some mini-guides would be nice too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[color="darkred"][b]Unlockables:[/b][/color]
[color="red"]________________________________________________________________________________
[b]Vince McMahon[/b] - Unlocked after succesfully defending the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania in 24/7 GM Mode. Then he's obtained by being purchased in the ShopZone for $110,000.
________________________________________________________________________________
[b]Mr. McMahon Bald Attire[/b] - Unlocked after buying 'Vince McMahon' from the ShopZone. The attire costs $60,000 in the ShopZone.
________________________________________________________________________________
[b]JBL[/b] - Is already unlocked right when you turn the game on. Except, he must be purchased in the ShopZone for $110,000.
[b]Shane McMahon[/b] - Also is unlocked from the beginning, but must be purchased from the ShopZone for $110,000.
[b]Legends[/b] - Certain legends are unlocked after beating certain challenges in Hall of Fame Mode.
[b]The Rock[/b] - Defeat The Rock as "Stone Cold" Steve Austin on Legend difficulty. He costs $210,000 in the ShopZone.
[b]"Stone Cold" Steve Austin[/b] - Go to Hall of Fame Mode and select 'Stone Cold'. After defeating him in a submission match while using Bret Hart, you can buy him in the ShopZone for $210,000.
[b]Mick Foley[/b] - Defeat Mick Foley in the Hall of Fame direct challenge mode. Then he can be purchased for $210,000 in the ShopZone.
[b]Terry Funk[/b] - Beat Tommy Dreamer, Sabu, and The Sandman in an ECW Extreme Rules Four-Way Match while using any Superstar on Legend difficulty. Then purchase him in the ShopZone for $210,000.
[b]Bret Hart[/b] - Defeat Bret Hart in the Hall of Fame direct challenge mode. Afterwards, buy him in the ShopZone $210,000
[b]Rick Rude[/b] - Purchase in the ShopZone for $210,000. He is unlocked from the start of the game.
[b]Rowdy Roddy Piper[/b] - Purchase in the ShopZone for $210,000. He is also available from the start of the game.
[b]Sabu[/b] - Purchase in the ShopZone for $210,000. He is the third and last Legend that can be purchased from the start of the game.
*Triple H and Shawn Michaels both have an alternative D-X attire, and they are already unlocked. They can either be purchased from the ShopZone or obtained by a cheat code. The D-X attires cost $60,000 each in the ShopZone.
*Along with their D-X attires, Triple H and Shawn Michaels both have a Degeneration-X SINGLES Entrance. They are unlocked once you purchase the D-X alternative attires. Credit to vision for telling us how to unlock these two entrances.
*There are 'starter' and 'premium' Kits for each of the eight Fighting Styles. They are unlocked after creating at least one Created Superstar. The starter kits cost $30,000 while the premium kits cost $110,000 each.
*Million Dollar and Hardcore Championships are both in. They cost $20,000 in the ShopZone.
*The WCW Classic Championship and the WWF Attitude Era Championship are also in as Legend Championships. Thanks, Degenerate 445, for telling me which two belts I forgot to mention. Both of those belts cost $20,000 each in the ShopZone.
*All four Legend Belts are locked. The only way to unlock them is by getting the "Hall of Famer" rank in Hall of Fame Mode.
*Arenas are unlockable, but they cannot be purchased from the ShopZone.
*Arenas are unlocked by earning a certain amount of Hall of Fame points (which are obtained by completing Hall of Fame Challenges). Credit to uksix, ...Will..., nemesish, dug2356, sprogsy, Toasterovenmakingtoast, Here comes the Kane, HellsGuardian, and Martyn C. for telling us how to unlock the Arenas.
*The Starter and Premium kits are for increasing your Created Superstar's stats. Thanks, craigsim, for pointing that out.
Movestes:
Moveset 1 - $15,000
Moveset 2 - $15,000
Moveset 3 - $15,000
Pre-Made Movesets - $15,000

Animations:
DX Triple H Ring Animation - $30,000
DX Shawn Michaels Ring Animation - $30,000

Fighting Style Kits (Caws only):
Brawler - ($30,000 for Starter, $110,00 for Premium)
Dirty - ($30,000 for Starter, $110,00 for Premium)
Hardcore - ($30,000 for Starter, $110,00 for Premium)
High Flyer - ($30,000 for Starter, $110,00 for Premium)
Powerhhouse - ($30,000 for Starter, $110,00 for Premium)
Showman - ($30,000 for Starter, $110,00 for Premium)
Technical - ($30,000 for Starter, $110,00 for Premium)
Submission - ($30,000 for Starter, $110,00 for Premium)

Credit to .Ovech for the pricing information displayed above.
________________________________________________________________________________[/color]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[color="darkgreen"][b]Cheats/Codes[/b][/color]
[color="green"]________________________________________________________________________________
[b]DXCostume69K2[/b] - Unlocks Triple H's and Shawn Michaels' D-X Attires.
[b]KellyKG12R[/b] - Unlocks Kelly's Kelly's alternative attire.
Thanks to two people for sharing this code with us: Hemme and doggess.

Cheat Codes are to be inserted in the "CheatCode Menu" under the "Options Menu".[/color]

[color="darkblue"][b]Guides[/b][/color][color="blue"]

Ok, so I found this '[b]easy way to unlock Vince McMahon[/b]' in one of the other topics:

"This will erase al your progress of what you were doing on the 24/7 modeStart a new gm mode, pick your brand as RAW and choose your champs. Then go to the calendar and simulate all matches until Wrestlemania, then, since you don't have any character, go to free agency and hire two guys, put one of them as champ and then on the WM card put one against other for the WWE belt.Make sure that the current champ win the match, play it or prey if you sim you still get it.After the new year start quit the game and if you watch the WWE shop, Vince is now unlocked but you still need 110.00$ to buy it." - Project K-2

All credit for the "Easy Vince Guide" goes to Project K-2.

This following mini-guide is an '[b]easy way of beating the Royal Rumble Challenge[/b]':

"I had passed right now the Royal Rumble challenge of the Hall Of Fame mode.
But first, before I enter the rumble, I went to CAW mode and create a default caw with 100 lbs, then I copiate him 28 time, so I could have 29 same characters, then I went to the Rumble and picked Khali, not because his heavy (that doesn't matter on 08, 100 lbs can grab Khali easily), but because he have alot of durability, then choose Powerhouse as the fighting style to use (it's good because of the rampage feature, if you are in trouble and have a stored special, use it).

This way you will get the Royal Rumble challenge easier, and if you have XBox 360, make sure you eliminate at least 20 man and you also get the "That's one for the records books" archivement. " - Project K-2

Again, credit to Project K-2 for the "Royal Rumble Challenge Guide".

This is an '[b]easy way to earn money[/b]':

"Pick Booker-T in 24/7 (I imagine anyone would work) On the events, do the "villain Role" over and over, when your brand show comes up, skip till monday.

Repeat process

10 Minutes = 500,000 Dollars, get to 1,000,000, and you'll have enough cash for everything, and a few cabs." - Zurick

Credit to Zurick for making the "Easy Money Guide", and credit to Project K-2 for finding the guide.

This is a short explenation that I made about the '[b]CheatCode Menu[/b]':

All of the Xbox 360 versions of this game have the "CheatCode Menu". The only PlayStation 2 and PlayStation 3 versions of the game that have the "CheatCode Menu" are the ones found in the United States and possibly Canada. So basically all of North America has the "CheatCode Menu". I don't think any of the Wii or Nintendo DS versions of the game have a CheatCode Menu, but I could be wrong. Also, the "Dirty" and "High-Flyer" additions of Smackdown! vs RAW 2008 Featuring ECW that are found in the United Kingdom have pretty much nothing to do with the Cheat Code Menu. Again, only 360 users and all of North America has that menu.

I found this guide for an '[b]easy way to beat 24/7 GM Mode[/b]' in one of the other topics:

"Turn Fatigue and Injuries off

Start on a Brand

Get 10 Male Wrestlers

Spam the event "Hot Date" when not competing until 6 stars are at 100 Popularity

Use the 2 feuds (I picked Legend Killer, and The big man fued (can't remember it's name)

For every match, make it a 4 way TLC, make the main event a title match. For promos, 1 = Fued, 2 = Title Hype

Repeat Process on every show, on off days, make sure your stars are at 100 Popularity, when they are, Spam "Charity Event" OR a Film role for GM Mode Cash, if you do this right, Halfway into GM Mode (Octoberish) You'll have gotten GM of the year award, continue to mania, defend or win a title to get the option to Unlock Vince." - Zurick

Credit to Zurick for making the "Easy GM of the Year Award Guide".

This guide is an '[b]easy way to beat Hall of Fame Mode[/b]' that was posted in this topic:

"for easy hof(hall of fame) go to options custom a.i. settings, and turn everything down all the way,then go to match rules and change them to your liking(no ring-out count or dq for me becuase i like being hardcore))
then go to gameplay options and turn it on legend. go to hall of fame and have fun" - The Kamikaze Kid

Credit to The Kamikaze Kid for making the "Easy Hall of Famer Guide".
________________________________________________________________________________[/color]

[quote name='Benoit4ever' post='3228576' date='Nov 12 2007, 11:42 PM']Bump. Hopefully we can get this bigger. I don't want it to die out.[/quote]Thanks man, me neither.And hopefully we can get in as much information as possible before tomorrow.[quote name='HellsGuardian' post='3228586' date='Nov 12 2007, 11:44 PM']We still don't know how to unlock Arenas!i know how even tho i dont have the game u need to complete HOF mode to unlock the rest of the arenas...[/quote]Although it sounds decent, that's not true [sadly].You [b]need[/b] the arenas, such as SummerSlam and Wrestlemania 23, to complete certain Hall of Fame Mode challenges.For example:Beat The Hardys [I think in a TLC Match] at SummerSlam. But since you don't have the SummerSlam arena unlocked, you can't even attempt that challenge.Thanks for trying though.

*There are 'starter' and 'premium' Kits for each of the eight Fighting Styles. It is unknown what exactly they are for, but I know that they are unlocked from the start.

they make your caw stats higher. the starter makes them go up to 59 or 60, i dont know how high the other one goes.

[quote name='Fupanddie' post='3228976' date='Nov 13 2007, 12:38 AM']Once you do a match in that arena on 24/7 mode, such as when you get to backlash and win there you unlock said arena.. Thats what I think anyway.[/quote]
Nice try, but nope.
Some people that have already beaten more than half of the game so far has let us know that arenas are not unlocked the same way as last year. And they too have questioned on how to unlock arenas.
Thanks for trying though.

I hate when people claim to know the answer to unlocking arenas and basically repeat what's been said for over a week even though everyone knows it doesn't work.

That's cool though, unlock Vince that way but way I see it, around half is already unlocked when you start the game? Not much of a challenge to unlock everything if it's already available when you first play.

Like I had posted on another topic

[quote name='Project K-2']I had passed right now the Royal Rumble challenge of the Hall Of Fame mode.
But first, before I enter the rumble, I went to CAW mode and create a default caw with 100 lbs, then I copiate him 28 time, so I could have 29 same characters, then I went to the Rumble and picked Khali, not because his heavy (that doesn't matter on 08, 100 lbs can grab Khali easily), but because he have alot of durability, then choose Powerhouse as the fighting style to use (it's good because of the rampage feature, if you are in trouble and have a stored special, use it).

This way you will get the Royal Rumble challenge easier, and if you have XBox 360, make sure you eliminate at least 20 man and you also get the "That's one for the records books" archivement.[/quote]

Link - [url="http://caws.ws/forum/index.php?showtopic=180598&st=0&p=3215909&#entry3215909"]here[/url]

[quote name='Project K-2' post='3229542' date='Nov 13 2007, 02:04 AM']Like I had posted on another topic[quote name='Project K-2']I had passed right now the Royal Rumble challenge of the Hall Of Fame mode.But first, before I enter the rumble, I went to CAW mode and create a default caw with 100 lbs, then I copiate him 28 time, so I could have 29 same characters, then I went to the Rumble and picked Khali, not because his heavy (that doesn't matter on 08, 100 lbs can grab Khali easily), but because he have alot of durability, then choose Powerhouse as the fighting style to use (it's good because of the rampage feature, if you are in trouble and have a stored special, use it).This way you will get the Royal Rumble challenge easier, and if you have XBox 360, make sure you eliminate at least 20 man and you also get the "That's one for the records books" archivement.[/quote]Link - [url="http://caws.ws/forum/index.php?showtopic=180598&st=0&p=3215909&#entry3215909"]here[/url][/quote]Hey.I added that guide to the first post.Also, I hope you don't mind, but I added that "Easy Way to Get Vince" guide that you made to the first post. Don't worry, I gave credit to you for both mini-guides.Bump. Let's try to keep this topic living to prove information to everyone, especially newcomers.

[quote name='Benoit4ever' post='3230444' date='Nov 13 2007, 04:02 AM']Alright! Another cheat! Dude, you should organize this topic and make it the official unlockable thing. it will really help everyone.[/quote]I was planning on doing that when I first made this thread. But I though only mods could make "Official* topics. Hehe.First post has been a bit more organized, but it could be better.

[quote name='Arrive_Raise Hell_Leave' post='3230753' date='Nov 13 2007, 04:52 AM']theres another topic out that has a code for a alternate Kelly attire although no one knows if its only on certain versions.[/quote]
I saw both those Kelly Kelly Alternative Attire topics, but nobody on them could actually make-out the code on the calender.

[quote name='!.::.Jeff~Hardy.::.!' post='3229763' date='Nov 13 2007, 03:57 AM'][quote name='Project K-2' post='3229542' date='Nov 13 2007, 02:04 AM']Like I had posted on another topic[quote name='Project K-2']I had passed right now the Royal Rumble challenge of the Hall Of Fame mode.But first, before I enter the rumble, I went to CAW mode and create a default caw with 100 lbs, then I copiate him 28 time, so I could have 29 same characters, then I went to the Rumble and picked Khali, not because his heavy (that doesn't matter on 08, 100 lbs can grab Khali easily), but because he have alot of durability, then choose Powerhouse as the fighting style to use (it's good because of the rampage feature, if you are in trouble and have a stored special, use it).This way you will get the Royal Rumble challenge easier, and if you have XBox 360, make sure you eliminate at least 20 man and you also get the "That's one for the records books" archivement.[/quote]Link - [url="http://caws.ws/forum/index.php?showtopic=180598&st=0&p=3215909&#entry3215909"]here[/url][/quote]Hey.I added that guide to the first post.Also, I hope you don't mind, but I added that "Easy Way to Get Vince" guide that you made to the first post. Don't worry, I gave credit to you for both mini-guides.Bump. Let's try to keep this topic living to prove information to everyone, especially newcomers.
[/quote]

Of course I don't mind, In fact I think it's a great ideia have this topic :)

By the way, I remember that I read a topic by Zurick explaining how to get easy money. Read bellow

[quote name='Zurick' post='3211762' date='Nov 10 2007, 07:27 PM']Pick Booker-T in 24/7 (I imagine anyone would work) On the events, do the "villain Role" over and over, when your brand show comes up, skip till monday.

Repeat process

10 Minutes = 500,000 Dollars, get to 1,000,000, and you'll have enough cash for everything, and a few cabs.[/quote]

Link - [url="http://caws.ws/forum/index.php?showtopic=180278&hl=easy+money"]Click[/url]

Archived