Official Questions & Answers Thread

Sergio517

[center][b]Questions & Answers Thread[/b][/center]

Please use this thread to ask for help or advice regarding your CAW creations. Ask for help in deciding what hair to use, what shirt designs to use, what attire to use, etc.

Please do not post in here unless it's to ask or answer a question.

[quote name='London*' post='276422' date='Jun 23 2006, 06:28 PM']Dont you want to sticky this?[/quote]
It's located in the Hot Topics Thread as well as the Rules, etc...

I posted all stickied threads in one thread to unclutter the mess.

[quote name='M:K:S' post='283091' date='Jun 25 2006, 09:43 PM']how do get a cap card?[/quote]
Well you would have to research this a bit.

Try to google "Cap Cards" and look through the information that is given to you. You can also visit an electronics store and ask if they have any capture card equipment. Explain to them that you wish to take captures of images from your television screen. If anyone else can be more helpful I would appreciate it.

Yoo betcha :D I have 3 mem card going and a full save stored on my HDD :lol:

@ M:K:S I use a device called VideoXpress. It's produced by a company called ADS Tech. It's an external capture device that also comes with awesome movie making and photo gallery making software. It's pretty demanding on your pooter, but I love it :D It plugs into your USB2 port and yoo can plug your ps2 direcly into it through the cable that comes with it or is has an S-video plug.

Hope that helps :D

that cant be done but you can use 2 simple pattern designs and blend the colour in with the caws skin colour the of the design for the default skin would have to be: 95,20,65...i think. hope i helped ;)

any body here have aulead video studio cap card. because i dont know how to take pics with one :rolleyes: if its the same with any cap card could any one with a cap card tell me what to do please post her or pm me. thx
-riddle-

I tried that. I can't put the designs low enough to cover the whole thing. They won't scroll over the chin.

I have the Ulead software with my VideoXpress. I find it easier to use the Instant VideoXpress software that came with it. But, to do it that way, what yoo wanna do is capture a video of what yoo wanna take piccies of, then play the captured video and pause it where yoo wanna take the piccies. Then hit the button to take a piccie while it's paused. It also helps that if in options yoo set it to take stills with de-interlacing.

Hope this helps :D

[font="Comic Sans Ms"]I am making a Kurt Angle with his current attire & I used the layer ID hack so I could replace layer 6 with "Costume 15". Everytime I play with that Kurt , its the same costume , but the pattern goes back to "1" & I had the coustume on pattern "19" ? Whats wrong with the code ?[/font]

[quote name='Cachetes' post='294875' date='Jun 29 2006, 03:28 PM'][font="Comic Sans Ms"]I am making a Kurt Angle with his current attire & I used the layer ID hack so I could replace layer 6 with "Costume 15". Everytime I play with that Kurt , its the same costume , but the pattern goes back to "1" & I had the coustume on pattern "19" ? Whats wrong with the code ?[/font][/quote]
Try adding the code again, but this time do not use the top line of the Layer ID Modifier.

[quote name='cLarkey_10' post='294908' date='Jun 29 2006, 03:36 PM']How do you take pics and what do i need?[/quote]
You need a capture card. I'm not familiar with them because I don't have one. Your best bet is to google "capture cards". Then do some research on the products so you can have a general idea of the pricing and product.

[quote name='Sergio517' post='283331' date='Jun 26 2006, 04:49 AM'][quote name='M:K:S' post='283091' date='Jun 25 2006, 09:43 PM']
how do get a cap card?[/quote]
Well you would have to research this a bit.

[b]Try to google "Cap Cards[/b]" and look through the information that is given to you. You can also visit an electronics store and ask if they have any capture card equipment. Explain to them that you wish to take captures of images from your television screen. If anyone else can be more helpful I would appreciate it.
[/quote]

Google "tv cards" that'd give you way better results.

[quote name='M:K:S' post='284729' date='Jun 26 2006, 01:59 PM']ahh this is confusing,,, a 12 year old doesnt understand..! but thanks anyways for the input guys. ill ask my brother to get me one :D[/quote]

simple terms, buy it at Circuit City or any computer hardware store. It's typically called a TV Tuner Card on the box. This also answers clarkey's question as to what you need to take clear shots and how you get it.

[quote name='KingOfKingsdx' post='285988' date='Jun 26 2006, 07:31 PM']How Do You Hack?[/quote]

get a hack disk (Gameshark, Codebreaker, AR Max, Xploder) and put in the codes as told about here:
[url="http://www.cheatsforplaystation2.com/sdvr2k6/hacking1.php"]http://www.cheatsforplaystation2.com/sdvr2k6/hacking1.php[/url]

[quote name='Justice' post='286946' date='Jun 27 2006, 01:12 AM']Here's a tuffie!!! For makeup 71, how can yoo cover the chin part of the makeup without destroying the face?[/quote]

easy..common, give something harder....obvious answer, use designs to cover it of various sizes, and then facial hairs with colors and transparencies set for blending to help with the rest.

[quote name='Cachetes' post='294875' date='Jun 29 2006, 04:28 PM'][font="Comic Sans Ms"]I am making a Kurt Angle with his current attire & I used the layer ID hack so I could replace layer 6 with "Costume 15". Everytime I play with that Kurt , its the same costume , but the pattern goes back to "1" & I had the coustume on pattern "19" ? Whats wrong with the code ?[/font][/quote]

the layer ID mod codes have 2 lines per code. The top locks it in and the bottom is the actual code. You only need to use the top line of code (the 103 one) whenever the game freezes going into the caw...it helps lock it in so it doesn't freeze (mainly used when hacking hair in). now, after you have locked it in, you have to go back in the hack disk after saving the caw and take off that top line, then go back in and then it won't default the layer. You only have to do that for any that default (hair hacks do that too).

[quote name='kbryant8' post='294975' date='Jun 29 2006, 04:56 PM']is it possible to use a transparency hack on sunglasses? i try and i use a value like 30 to make it a little transparent, but instead it goes completely transparent.[/quote]
if it's anything like hair transparencies, they'll go fully invisble for any value under 80.

[quote name='WolfgangJT' post='294952' date='Jun 29 2006, 04:50 PM'][quote name='Justice' post='286946' date='Jun 27 2006, 01:12 AM']
Here's a tuffie!!! For makeup 71, how can yoo cover the chin part of the makeup without destroying the face?[/quote]

easy..common, give something harder....obvious answer, use designs to cover it of various sizes, and then facial hairs with colors and transparencies set for blending to help with the rest.

[/quote]
Not easy. The designs won't scroll over the chin. I tried that already. I even tried using the butt-chin and that didn't quite come out as expected either :'( Facial hairs aren't exactly apropriate for a diva :lol:

Archived