Help With Playstation 2

Toboe Kiba

Hey I was wondering if anyone could help me with my Ps2, for some odd reason I can't get video or sound clearly on my telly, I changed tellys and I get sound but no picture unless I hook my picture up first then the sound and then it comes in but very dark, if I use my telly and get into a game the picture is dark and sound is bad, I changed my wires to the other two Ps2 wires and the video is still the same, I don't know what it is I have tried everything I know that won't cost me money, does anyone know what is wrong? I put a VCR to my telly today and got video but dark and good sound like when I change to other tellys, my Ps2 was working perfecly before I unhooked the wires from the back of my telly and hooked up my DvD player, now I hook it back up and this is what I get, nothing has changed, could if be my video card in my Ps2 or what? I refuse to buy another Ps2 so if you guys can help me out besides telling me to call Sony I would be very thankful, thanks to who can help.

i would think it would be the video card, but it could also be something as n00bish as you are trying to play a pal game on an ntsc Ps2, or ntsc on pal machine. Some TV's support them, others dont. also, if your tv doesnt support 50mhz, you wont be able to see stuff clearly. i ran into this problem with some of my games.

hope it helps

Archived