The Official TNA Show Discussion Thread

AfroIYH

TNA impact this week was really good.

My thoughts:
All of the Kurt Angle promos were completely stupid, I hated them all
Tomko and Styles vs. LAX was a pretty decent match, I really don't like the fact that LAX are being pushed as faces. I'm gald Tomko and Styles retained.
Christian vs. Chris Harris was a decent match, but it was obvious Cage was gonna win
Kaz vs James Storm was a good match I'm really enjoying Kaz's push.
Is Eric Young in some sort of 'becoming an alcholic' storyline?
Kong vs. Hemme, was well was a squash match
Gail Kim and Joe vs. Rhoode and Brookes as an okay match, the brawl after it was better than the match.

Robert Roode: What about your wife?
Kurt Angle: Who, Karen?
Robert Roode: No, your other wife. YES, Karen!

That made me laugh.

The "beer drinking contest" between James Storm and Eric Young was just.......stupid.

Team 3D: Please become babyface again, because Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin suck at being babyface IMO :(

The Intergender tag match (Joe/Gail Kim vs. Roode/Ms. Brooks) was okay, but the finish was good.

Great, another Amazing Kong squash. Don't get me wrong, she's a great wrestler. But squashing the whole Women's Division just makes her look like a glorified version of Mark Henry.

[quote name='Big Poopy' post='3153201' date='Nov 3 2007, 03:27 AM']Robert Roode: What about your wife?

That made me laugh.

The "beer drinking contest" between James Storm and Eric Young was just.......stupid.

Team 3D: Please become babyface again, because Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin suck at being babyface IMO :(

The Intergender tag match (Joe/Gail Kim vs. Roode/Ms. Brooks) was okay, but the finish was good.

Great, another Amazing Kong squash. Don't get me wrong, she's a great wrestler. But squashing the whole Women's Division just makes her look like a glorified version of Mark Henry.[/quote]

Well I personally think the whole heel thing is working for Team 3D because that whole storyline is great tbh and Team 3D don't seem to stale anymore.

[quote name='The00Raven00Effect' post='3155603' date='Nov 3 2007, 04:17 PM'][quote name='Big Poopy' post='3153201' date='Nov 3 2007, 03:27 AM']Robert Roode: What about your wife?

That made me laugh.

Great, another Amazing Kong squash. Don't get me wrong, she's a great wrestler. But squashing the whole Women's Division just makes her look like a glorified version of Mark Henry.[/quote]

Well I personally think the whole heel thing is working for Team 3D because that whole storyline is great tbh and Team 3D don't seem to stale anymore.
[/quote]
Team 3D are great as heels; it's just that Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin aren't that good at being babyface.

iMPACT! was hilarious this week. I watched it on the internet (seeing as Bravo 2 here in the UK showed an old episode...again).

The Kurt Angle segments were great. All the references were pure gold. "The Shockmaster", "Wahoo McDaniel", "Warrior". The funniest moment for me was with Borash + Talia/Williams. Borash acting like a pimp = classic.

All the matches were good as well, the only problem I had was that the main event wasn't hyped at all so it didn't feel as exciting as it could have been. Overall though, a great show.

They should turn AJ face again so he can wrestle singles again. I like how he and Tomko are getting pops, but AJ should be face, hell even Tomko can try it out. And also Scott Hall should still have "Marvelous Me" as his theme song. I love that song for some reason.

[quote name='Ram715' post='3168474' date='Nov 4 2007, 12:41 PM']iMPACT is really good (better than wwe) now that they went to two hours[/quote]
I wouldent say that quite yet TNA is very entertaing
I thought this weeks impact was good

[quote name='EML' post='3172444' date='Nov 5 2007, 05:51 AM'][quote name='RatedREdgecution' post='3172438' date='Nov 4 2007, 09:49 PM']IMO, Impact has been better than WWE shows for quite a while now.[/quote]
True only if TNA was shown world wide they would get a huge fan base
[/quote]
Sorry to burst your bubble but technically, TNA is world wide because they had a house show in some country in Asia two years ago :fedup:

[quote name='Big Poopy' post='3172670' date='Nov 5 2007, 07:11 AM'][quote name='EML' post='3172444' date='Nov 5 2007, 05:51 AM'][quote name='RatedREdgecution' post='3172438' date='Nov 4 2007, 09:49 PM']IMO, Impact has been better than WWE shows for quite a while now.[/quote]
[/quote]
Sorry to burst your bubble but technically, TNA is world wide because they had a house show in some country in Asia two years ago :fedup:
[/quote]

just because they've done 2 shows out of the US does not mean they are World Wide

[quote name='全King一PiccoloÐ' post='3172843' date='Nov 5 2007, 08:44 AM'][quote name='Big Poopy' post='3172670' date='Nov 5 2007, 07:11 AM'][quote name='EML' post='3172444' date='Nov 5 2007, 05:51 AM'][quote name='RatedREdgecution' post='3172438' date='Nov 4 2007, 09:49 PM']IMO, Impact has been better than WWE shows for quite a while now.[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

just because they've done 2 shows out of the US does not mean they are World Wide
[/quote]
Oh, screw you. Stop correcting me all the time :poke:

(three years later) sorry for being an asshole

[quote name='RJT' post='3163974' date='Nov 4 2007, 05:46 AM']iMPACT! was hilarious this week. I watched it on the internet (seeing as Bravo 2 here in the UK showed an old episode...again).

The Kurt Angle segments were great. All the references were pure gold. "The Shockmaster", "Wahoo McDaniel", "Warrior". The funniest moment for me was with Borash + Talia/Williams. Borash acting like a pimp = classic.

All the matches were good as well, the only problem I had was that the main event wasn't hyped at all so it didn't feel as exciting as it could have been. Overall though, a great show.[/quote]
It was a great show this week. TNA delivers every week. Unlike WWE who try to save their good shows for ppv's. TNA is great and unpredictable every week. The Angle/JB promos were gold.

The problem with TNA is simple if they want any sort of exposure they gotta try and mix it up and change a few things creatively, WCW introduced the NWO and made the World's Biggest Face into the World's Biggest Heel, WWE they stole ECW and gave what ECW had been working on World Wide Exposure, what have TNA done they've bought an Awkward style ring to America.

If not Scott hall, i do have a couple of possible candidates,

-Goldberg, correct me if im wrong but was he a suspect for that angle tag team? so it could be that goldberg will be yet another trump card in TNA's big men. even if its not true, a Goldberg vs Abyss match would still be kick ass

-Booker T, He was released,you know. and has had gold.

-Brock Lesnar, word across the vine says he was interested in a deal with TNA and wanted to get back into wrestling.

Other then those people, i have no clue, i have not watched sting very long so i dont know any former partners or friends in WCW.

But people you are forgetting,that maybe he doesnt mean a WCW wrestler. maybe hes someone out of the blue like The Great Muta, or someone of the sort. Am i saying someone like Super Dragon Could be Stings partner? maybe. It could be anyone at this point.

[quote name='The ECW Extremist' post='3200541' date='Nov 9 2007, 04:32 AM']If not Scott hall, i do have a couple of possible candidates,

-Goldberg, correct me if im wrong but was he a suspect for that angle tag team? so it could be that goldberg will be yet another trump card in TNA's big men. even if its not true, a Goldberg vs Abyss match would still be kick ass

-Brock Lesnar, word across the vine says he was interested in a deal with TNA and wanted to get back into wrestling.

Other then those people, i have no clue, i have not watched sting very long so i dont know any former partners or friends in WCW.

But people you are forgetting,that maybe he doesnt mean a WCW wrestler. maybe hes someone out of the blue like The Great Muta, or someone of the sort. Am i saying someone like Super Dragon Could be Stings partner? maybe. It could be anyone at this point.[/quote]
Goldberg has repeatedly said that he does not like TNA and Brock Lesnar is debuting in the UFC. Muta is still wrestling in AJPW in Japan, and Super Dragon isn't that big of a star to get that kind of push. Booker T makes sense, though.

[quote name='Big Poopy' post='3202351' date='Nov 9 2007, 11:11 AM'][quote name='The ECW Extremist' post='3200541' date='Nov 9 2007, 04:32 AM']If not Scott hall, i do have a couple of possible candidates,

But people you are forgetting,that maybe he doesnt mean a WCW wrestler. maybe hes someone out of the blue like The Great Muta, or someone of the sort. Am i saying someone like Super Dragon Could be Stings partner? maybe. It could be anyone at this point.[/quote]
Goldberg has repeatedly said that he does not like TNA and Brock Lesnar is debuting in the UFC. Muta is still wrestling in AJPW in Japan, and Super Dragon isn't that big of a star to get that kind of push. Booker T makes sense, though.
[/quote]
i disagree, Super dragon could hit mainstream in the future, but i dont know what would happen to the Psycho Drivers.

If i could guess one organization he wouldnt go to, i would have to say WWE. Because of 2 reason, WWE doesnt like wrestlers like him, and likewise, and they banned the piledriver, so no Psycho driver, god knows about the curbstomp.

And i never was a big fan of booker, i watched him only a little in WCW, and saw mainly WWE so i dont know what changes were made.

Archived