Cheated out of a dream feud/match up?

.DUB

When you look at the WWE Roster over the past two years, there's been a huge amount of match ups naturally, between all sorts of different superstars. But what happens when two of the biggest superstars in the WWE, despite being on the same roster for a while, never meet?
Booker T is one of the most celebrated athletes in recent memory. With multiple WWE/World Tag Title reigns, WCW Tag Title reigns, US Title reigns, WCW US Title reigns, an IC Title reign, multiple WCW TV Title reigns, a World Title reign, 5 WCW Title reigns (one in the WWE), and a King of the Ring win, Booker T has cemented his status as one of the most successful stars the past 15 years or so.
Shawn Michaels is widely considered to be one of the all time greats. Like Booker T, he has a great charisma and natural showmanship, also having a storied career like Booker, with World/WWF Title reigns, IC Title reigns, Tag Title reigns, Royal Rumble wins, among other accolades.

Despite both working in the WWE, the two have never had a one on one match up. Nowadays you could consider this as a mishap perhaps, since the brand extension. But, both men have been on the same brand for quite a long time. Since HBK returned to the WWE in 2002, he has stayed on the RAW brand, where Booker originally worked and stayed for 2 years before trading to Smackdown. They have tagged together, been on opposing tag teams but never faced off 1 on 1. They could of met in the first Elimination Chamber, but Booker was eliminated before HBK entered the match. While Booker was on Smackdown, the men never met in a RAW Vs. Smackdown Survivor Series match, or any sort of interbrand match, iirc. But in 2007, Booker was traded back on RAW. It looked like the dream match could finally happen. But, HBK was "injured" and taken off TV before the draft. And then, Booker left the WWE before HBK returned.

So it looks like we'll never see the match between Shawn Michaels and Booker T. But if we did, what would you expect?

If we saw Shawn vs Booker i think we would see a great athletic match between the two, in their own manners on becoming big stars it was huge like people were marking out big when Shawn won his first WWE title at Wrestlemania 12 as well for Booker when he won his first WCW title at Bash at the beach 2000. There would be some good flying spots in this match as mentioned and id see HBK winning at the end with sweet chin music.

^Thats another one. But they hate each other, so it wasn't as unexpected. Everybody remembers HBK Vs. The Rock but nobody remembers Booker and HBK have never met either. The Rock and HBK haven't really been in the company together for too long, active at the same time, since The Rock's become a big star. When I say active I mean wrestling. :cool:

[quote name='Dublin' post='3146282' date='Nov 2 2007, 11:57 AM']^Thats another one. But they hate each other, so it wasn't as unexpected. Everybody remembers HBK Vs. The Rock but nobody remembers Booker and HBK have never met either. The Rock and HBK haven't really been in the company together for too long, active at the same time, since The Rock's become a big star. When I say active I mean wrestling. :cool:[/quote]
Booker and HBK wud of been interesting. I remember when hbk superkicked Booker out of the nwo and i thought they were gonna build a feud!

[quote name='steven1977' post='3147397' date='Nov 2 2007, 05:46 PM'][quote name='Dublin' post='3146282' date='Nov 2 2007, 11:57 AM']^Thats another one. But they hate each other, so it wasn't as unexpected. Everybody remembers HBK Vs. The Rock but nobody remembers Booker and HBK have never met either. The Rock and HBK haven't really been in the company together for too long, active at the same time, since The Rock's become a big star. When I say active I mean wrestling. :cool:[/quote]
Booker and HBK wud of been interesting. I remember when hbk superkicked Booker out of the nwo and i thought they were gonna build a feud!
[/quote]
i thought the same. but they didn't. we've had since 2002 to have this feud. why didn't they do it? i mean HBK vs Booker T would have been better at WM 22 in stead of Booker T vs Boogeyman and HBK vs Vince. (i got bored very fast of the DX reunion last year am not sorry to say.)

Archived