Opinions of Chris Masters

.DUB

What do you think of Chris Masters?

Tbh, I don't think much of him. Everyone on the IWC love him, and thinks he should get a US Title run, etc. But I think, at the most, maybe a Tag Title run. He's very generic in the ring, not even that great. No mic skills. No personality. No credibility. Nothing. I've never seen the appeal about him. To me, he just seems generic. Which is why he should just team with Dykstra or something.
So, I'd like to know why he's so great. Thanks. ;)

While i do not view myself and never will view myself as part of the IWC i myself am a big fan of Masters.
It's his look which i think appeals to the IWC. His build and look are everything Vince McMahon seems to look for in a guy. His in ring talent isn't as bad as many have made out in the pass. While the Masterlock challenge was way overplayed and a pretty shoddy finisher it does the job.

I think the main problem was for Masters came after his first suspension and this is where he lost all credibility he had. If you have DX openly mocking the weight you have lost infront of millions of viewers then the fans just won't take you seriously. His finishers credibility was destroyed when some 150 pound guy out of the army broke it, yet for months superstars twice that size were powerless to stop it.

He should have been a champion by now and i do agree with you about his lack of charisma but this is where a mouthpiece could come in very handy. His masterpiece gimmick has been done in the past and most recently failed when Mark Jindrak tried it under the reflection of perfection moniker. Masters however you can believe is a masterpiece due to his build but he is lacking the voice to get his point across which a manager could easily do for him. The manager in question doesn't even have to be a bit of T&A althought it might help.

The path of rebuilding Masters credibility may take awhile but i do see him at one point holding a title by atleast half way through 2009.

[quote name='Rated-R-Megastar' post='3110941' date='Oct 28 2007, 01:07 AM']If he wasn't surrounded by all the drug controversy, he'd be championship material. All he needs is a push, otherwise he'll end up like Val Venis.[/quote]

Are you kidding me?? WWE had nothing for him except that MasterLock challenge. Its broken now so he hasn't done shit now.

[quote name='Dublin' post='3103305' date='Oct 27 2007, 11:56 PM']What do you think of Chris Masters?

Tbh, I don't think much of him. Everyone on the IWC love him, and thinks he should get a US Title run, etc. But I think, at the most, maybe a Tag Title run. He's very generic in the ring, not even that great. No mic skills. No personality. No credibility. Nothing. I've never seen the appeal about him. To me, he just seems generic. Which is why he should just team with Dykstra or something.
So, I'd like to know why he's so great. Thanks. ;)[/quote]
Thats all true, I have never liked him, hes strong, but he is very boring to watch, he is like the default superstar in SVR07 Create-A-Superstar mode; generic boots, generic pants, generic everything.

[quote name='Rated-R-Megastar' post='3110941' date='Oct 28 2007, 08:07 AM']If he wasn't surrounded by all the drug controversy, he'd be championship material. All he needs is a push, otherwise he'll end up like Val Venis.[/quote]

But what has he done to deserve a push? <_<

[quote name='Rated-R-Megastar' post='3110941' date='Oct 28 2007, 04:07 AM']If he wasn't surrounded by all the drug controversy, he'd be championship material. All he needs is a push, otherwise he'll end up like Val Venis.[/quote]

Val Venis is a very good wrestler. WWE dropped the ball on him years ago. Masters is still a young guy and has plenty of time to develop into a big star.

Archived