The SYM storylines.

.EdrD

The return of Shawn Michaels.

:lol: trust me to know that one lol! I always hated how you couldn't play as him on Season Mode.

Other storylines just started when you talked to someone in the backstage lobby. e.g. depending on your response to a question from, say, Val Venis, the rivalry or tag-team will play out from there.

Also, there's the William Regal storyline at Insurrextion, when he insults his hometown crowd, followed by your eventual appearance and a match with him.

[quote name='MrWrestlemania21' post='2859927' date='Sep 23 2007, 05:43 AM']The return of Shawn Michaels.

:lol: trust me to know that one lol! I always hated how you couldn't play as him on Season Mode.

Other storylines just started when you talked to someone in the backstage lobby. e.g. depending on your response to a question from, say, Val Venis, the rivalry or tag-team will play out from there.

Also, there's the William Regal storyline at Insurrextion, when he insults his hometown crowd, followed by your eventual appearance and a match with him.[/quote]

Oh really? I never got the Shawn Michaels storyline, who do you have to be in season mode to get that storyline?

Well, at the time of making the game, HBK had just returned. They simply stuck a basic nWo HBK in there (Cowboy gear as an alt.) so it was up to date. However, for some reason, they didn't put him as a playable in season. The storyline I got was that HBK had just returned, and he comes up to offering a spot in the nWo or something like that. Anyways, it goes on for a few weeks with promos and what-not and then just goes away, and you start your next storyline. It's got to have been about two and a half years since I had this storyline, and I've forgotten the bulk of it, so if anyone else knows this angle, correct me if I'm wrong.

Guest Blogger/TNS
My main favourite storyline in SYM is when Vince & Flair join forces to destory the WWE I think. Then theirs the NWO storyline, Ric vs. Vince and the Kurt Angle one where whoever you play shaves his head.:)

yea i just started the hardy boyz storyline for like the 10th time what happend was i was in a triple threat im jeff hardy and i was going up against brock lesnar and the rock the beat me down and then matt hardy came running down the ramp to help me so yea it will go on for a couple of weeks of us teaming and matt blaming for losing a match and saying why i didnt give me best out there and then thats how the hardyz storyline goes

Guest Blogger/TNS
[quote name='MrWrestlemania21' post='2892807' date='Sep 27 2007, 10:24 PM']Just a little one to recall. When you start a season on Raw (I'm always on Raw, so I don't know about the Smackdown one), GM Ric Flair tells you to keep on climbing the mountain until you get to the top. He wishes you luck, and then gives you a "WOOOOOOOOOO!!"[/quote]
I'm the same too, I hardly pick Smackdown. I'm also like that with the other Smackdown titles.

[quote name='HardyBoyz8/7/91' post='2892322' date='Sep 27 2007, 03:08 PM']yea i just started the hardy boyz storyline for like the 10th time what happend was i was in a triple threat im jeff hardy and i was going up against brock lesnar and the rock the beat me down and then matt hardy came running down the ramp to help me so yea it will go on for a couple of weeks of us teaming and matt blaming for losing a match and saying why i didnt give me best out there and then thats how the hardyz storyline goes[/quote]how do u get the hardy boys storyline

One time i was Stone Cold and Regal asked if i wanted to have tea with him after the match. (I'm a fond Tea drinker in real life so i said yes!) I did my match and came back, I asked if i could have tea and he said he doesn't give tea to uncivilized lowlives like me, At insurexxtion he greeted his british relatives and i bet the shit outta him.
Damn storylines in the old games were so fun. I had the Storyline in HCTP... Damn it was so f'n funny. I kept beating up Funaki and he said i was disrespectful, He teamed up with Al Snow, The actually got the Tag Team Titles until i teamed up with Triple H, You can guess what happened... The Austin/Funaki/Snow fued in HCTp was the funniest thing i ever played on a game

I can't believe I never thought of this one - Heading into Backlash, you enter a four man (I think) Ladder match for a title. I tried my ass off to win it, as Backlash had some decent unlockables on it. But, it was damn near impossible. I had to keep resetting it so I could try again. Eventually, after about three weeks of trying, I managed it! :D[quote name='Blogger/TNS' post='2893640' date='Sep 28 2007, 12:32 AM'][quote name='MrWrestlemania21' post='2892807' date='Sep 27 2007, 10:24 PM']Just a little one to recall. When you start a season on Raw (I'm always on Raw, so I don't know about the Smackdown one), GM Ric Flair tells you to keep on climbing the mountain until you get to the top. He wishes you luck, and then gives you a "WOOOOOOOOOO!!"[/quote]I'm the same too, I hardly pick Smackdown. I'm also like that with the other Smackdown titles.[/quote]I just feel more "at home" on Raw. Plus, I like the announcers better. Too southern, my ass!

• 3 weeks later...
me 2 besides i just got a save for the game on a demo disc, which has save games, I can only rent SYM currently and i don't know what the save contains, One question, After completeing season mode once to you unlock the ability to skip matches like in HCTP? Cause when i played as the rock it got boring winning again, Sometimes i just don't feel like playing a match

[quote name='arkitektak844' post='3030040' date='Oct 17 2007, 10:32 AM']me 2 besides i just got a save for the game on a demo disc, which has save games, I can only rent SYM currently and i don't know what the save contains, One question, After completeing season mode once to you unlock the ability to skip matches like in HCTP? Cause when i played as the rock it got boring winning again, Sometimes i just don't feel like playing a match[/quote]

I've got that one too, I think. Is it the one with save games for SYM, HCTP, and JBI? There's a Mafia Car on the front cover of mine, and then a big pic of Rock and Hogan facing each other. If so, you can have an automatically stored double finisher, all of the unlockables in Season are unlocked, and there's some other stuff too.

Archived