***TNA Bound for Glory 2007 Discussion Thread***

Donjyoâ„¢

[center][center][img]http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/6730/bfgws9.jpg[/img][/center]

[b]TNA Bound For Glory
October 14, 2007
Gwinnett Center, Atlanta Georgia[/b][/center]

(Matches confirmed via updates from TNA and other wrestling sites)

Card so far:

[b]TNA World Tag Team Titles:[/b]
Team Pacman ( Adam 'Pacman' Jones and Ron 'The Truth' Killings) © v 'The Phenomenal' AJ Styles and Tomko

[b]Ultimate X Match:[/b]
Competitors unknown

[b]Monsters Ball Match[/b]
Competitors unknown

Guess matches:

[b]TNA World Title:[/b]
Kurt Angle © v Sting

[b]Tables Match:[/b]
The Steiner Brothers ('The Dog-Faced Gremlin' Rick Steiner and 'Big Poppa Pump' Scott Steiner) v Team 3D (Brother Ray and Brother Devon)

'The War Machine' Rhino vs 'Tennessee Cowboy' James Storm (perhaps in the Monsters Ball match with Abyss/Mesias?)

'The Monster' Abyss vs Judas Mesias (perhaps in the Monsters Ball match with Rhino/Storm?)

[b]2/3 Falls ?[/b]
'The Instant Classic' Christian Cage vs 'The Samoan Submission Machine' Samoa Joe

[b]Some Gimmick Match?[/b]
Chris Harris vs Black Reign

[b]Winner gets Ms. Brooks?[/b]
Roode vs Kaz

----
Also i think Lethal will defend his title in the Ultimate X Match or the Ultimate X Match will be used to name a new #1 Contender to his title.

[quote name='�King-Piccolo�' post='2789887' date='Sep 13 2007, 01:24 PM']it'd be great if Chris Daniels got his shot at BFG in the Ultimate X, I also think a nice addition would be Kaz to the match[/quote]
Yeah, it'd be even better if he won the title :P, it's about time he won it back if you ask me.

[quote name='original27' post='2792875' date='Sep 13 2007, 07:51 PM']those sound like pretty good matches but what is a monster ball match? i can't wait for Bound For Glory[/quote]
From wikipedia:

[quote]The key premise of the match is that all contenders are sequestered alone in a locked room without light, food or water for twenty-four hours before the match. This stipulation is intended to induce extreme feelings of aggression in the competitors. Once released, the wrestlers fight one another in a no disqualification match, with the usage of weapons encouraged. Victory can be achieved by pinfall or submission, with the match ending as soon as one wrestler is pinned or submits (there is no elimination format).[/quote]
yeah it's just basically a NoDQ match, nothing special if you ask me.

[b]**UPDATED CARD**[/b]

[b]TNA World Heavyweight Championship Match[/b]
Kurt Angle vs. Sting

[b]TNA X Division Championship Match[/b]
"Black Machismo" Jay Lethal vs. "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels

[b]TNA World Tag Team Championship Match[/b]
Team Pacman ( Adam 'Pacman' Jones and Ron 'The Truth' Killings) vs. "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles & Tomko

[b]The Return Of The Ultimate X Match[/b]
The Latin American Xchange ("The Notorious 187" Homicide and "Hotstuff" Hernandez vs. Triple X ("The Warrior" Senshi and "Primetime" Elix Skipper)

[b]There Must Be A Winner[/b]
"The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe vs. "The Instant Classic" Christian Cage
Special Enforcer: Matt Morgan

[b]Tables Match[/b]
The Steiner Brothers ("The Dog-Faced Gremlin" Rick Steiner and "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner) v Team 3D (Brother Ray and Brother Devon)

[b]Knockouts Gauntlet Match[/b]
To Determine The First TNA Women’s World Champion - featuring Christy Hemme, Gail Kim, Ms. Brooks, Jackie Moore, Roxxy Laveaux and more ladies to be announced!

[b]Fight For The Right Match[/b]
Featuring TNA stars battling for a shot at the TNA World Heavyweight Championship

--------
Methinks Abyss/Mesias will be on the card. Perhaps in the Monsters Ball match? Also why do TNA keep putting Daniels in the X-Division? For christ sake he needs to be pushed in the main event! Let Sonjay turn heel and challenge Lethal for the title instead. Dutt was an awesome heel in CZW.

Also i wonder who will be debuting in the Knockouts Match? Lets hope some SHIMMER girls make the cut.

As for the fight for the right im sure [b]EVERY[/b] TNA wrestler (who isnt already on the match card?) will be in this event. TNA need to put all there stars in this match as Bound for Glory is similar to Wresltemania- everyone should be on the card for the premier event of the companies Pay-Per-View shows.

[quote name='Donjyoâ„¢' post='2796066' date='Sep 14 2007, 04:17 PM'][b]**UPDATED CARD**[/b]

[b]TNA World Heavyweight Championship Match[/b]
Kurt Angle vs. Sting

[b]TNA X Division Championship Match[/b]
"Black Machismo" Jay Lethal vs. "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels

[b]TNA World Tag Team Championship Match[/b]
Team Pacman ( Adam 'Pacman' Jones and Ron 'The Truth' Killings) vs. "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles & Tomko

[b]The Return Of The Ultimate X Match[/b]
The Latin American Xchange ("The Notorious 187" Homicide and "Hotstuff" Hernandez vs. Triple X ("The Warrior" Senshi and "Primetime" Elix Skipper)

[b]There Must Be A Winner[/b]
"The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe vs. "The Instant Classic" Christian Cage
Special Enforcer: Matt Morgan

[b]Tables Match[/b]
The Steiner Brothers ("The Dog-Faced Gremlin" Rick Steiner and "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner) v Team 3D (Brother Ray and Brother Devon)

[b]Knockouts Gauntlet Match[/b]
To Determine The First TNA Women's World Champion - featuring Christy Hemme, Gail Kim, Ms. Brooks, Jackie Moore, Roxxy Laveaux and more ladies to be announced!

[b]Fight For The Right Match[/b]
Featuring TNA stars battling for a shot at the TNA World Heavyweight Championship

--------
Methinks Abyss/Mesias will be on the card. Perhaps in the Monsters Ball match? Also why do TNA keep putting Daniels in the X-Division? For christ sake he needs to be pushed in the main event! Let Sonjay turn heel and challenge Lethal for the title instead. Dutt was an awesome heel in CZW.

Also i wonder who will be debuting in the Knockouts Match? Lets hope some SHIMMER girls make the cut.

As for the fight for the right im sure [b]EVERY[/b] TNA wrestler (who isnt already on the match card?) will be in this event. TNA need to put all there stars in this match as Bound for Glory is similar to Wresltemania- everyone should be on the card for the premier event of the companies Pay-Per-View shows.[/quote]

it's amking up for winning the X-Div Gauntlet

There is a good chance that Abyss vs. Judas Mesias will be the Monster’s Ball match at TNA’s Bound for Glory PPV, with the possibility of Rhino being added as the third person. There has also been some talk that Kevin Nash could play some type of role in the Kurt Angle vs. Sting bout.

Source: Wrestlezone

[quote name='Donjyo™' post='2797674' date='Sep 14 2007, 04:48 PM']There is a good chance that Abyss vs. Judas Mesias will be the Monster’s Ball match at TNA’s Bound for Glory PPV, with the possibility of Rhino being added as the third person. There has also been some talk that Kevin Nash could play some type of role in the Kurt Angle vs. Sting bout.

Source: Wrestlezone[/quote]
It could be like Nash as the special enforcer maybe since the last two bound for glorys theres been a special enforcer in the main event being Tito Ortiz in 2005 and Kurt Angle last year, but i do hope Sting wins this match and he gets a good run with the belt.

[quote name='The Stinger' post='2801115' date='Sep 15 2007, 05:14 AM'][quote name='Donjyoâ„¢' post='2797674' date='Sep 14 2007, 04:48 PM']There is a good chance that Abyss vs. Judas Mesias will be the Monster's Ball match at TNA's Bound for Glory PPV, with the possibility of Rhino being added as the third person. There has also been some talk that Kevin Nash could play some type of role in the Kurt Angle vs. Sting bout.

Source: Wrestlezone[/quote]
It could be like Nash as the special enforcer maybe since the last two bound for glorys theres been a special enforcer in the main event being Tito Ortiz in 2005 and Kurt Angle last year, but i do hope Sting wins this match and he gets a good run with the belt.
[/quote]

TNA almost has a fetish for Special enforcers tbh.

[quote name='Donjyoâ„¢' post='2802513' date='Sep 15 2007, 12:06 PM']^ :lol: That's true. Having another special enforcer match on the card would seem a bit daft IMO.[/quote]

I wouldn't be surprised if we mized it up this year and had 2 Special Enforcers one for Sting and one for Angle (most likely Karen)

[quote name='�King-Piccolo�' post='2806254' date='Sep 15 2007, 08:23 PM'][quote name='notorious187homicide' post='2806186' date='Sep 15 2007, 09:14 PM']How about for the Monster's Ball match:

Abyss & Rhino vs. Judas Mesias & James Storm.

Both have rivalries right now and it would make sense IMO[/quote]

yeh I said that before
[/quote]
I know it's just a sweet idea

[quote name='notorious187homicide' post='2806274' date='Sep 15 2007, 09:25 PM'][quote name='�King-Piccolo�' post='2806254' date='Sep 15 2007, 08:23 PM'][quote name='notorious187homicide' post='2806186' date='Sep 15 2007, 09:14 PM']How about for the Monster's Ball match:

Abyss & Rhino vs. Judas Mesias & James Storm.

Both have rivalries right now and it would make sense IMO[/quote]

yeh I said that before
[/quote]
I know it's just a sweet idea
[/quote]

you stalking me or something, lol.

I think they are putting Judas in a match too early tbh, if your comparing it to anything then it's gotta be compared to Kane Vs Taker for Kane's entrance in the WWF. they need a bigger build up is what I am saying, that was a good start on iMPACT!, but they need to establish the feud more rahter than jumping straight into a match.

imo what they should do is maybe have Raven challenge Rhyno to a Monster Ball match and then have James Storm say it's not over because he's of course still bitter about losing at No Surrender so that'll help build that feud up.

(NOTE: all from this point is my ideas of how they should hype up the Abyss/Judas storyline)
with the Abyss/Judas feud they imo should have Mitchell say that last week was only a small testament to Judas' power and he should watch out in the coming weeks
we then see Abyss in a segment later on and Abyss trying to get a word in what he thought of last week and how he was brutally destroyed, we of course don't get a single word in from Abyss, and Abyss just walks off.
then if Don and Mike can do there jobs proerly, they'll say something like "Abyss obviously must still be hurting from this brutal attack", "yeh of course I don't even think a monster like Abyss could with stand this", then we see some images of what happened last week, no clip because iot was too brutal.
(Note: if TNA did there jobs properly we would've seen some images the previous week instead of a brutal attack, to hopefully save what happened for a nice PPV video)
Abyss has a match and the jobber does not make his way down to ring instead he is spit out from under the ring, with a message "written in blood, saying final message, before your demise" - something catchy.

next week after this would be the 20th and all we should she is Abyss managing to hunt down the Sinister Minister and James talking words to Abyss trying to strike some fear into this monster named Abyss, Mitchell during this mutters that it's xx till we see his new monster again (really make it like a rare appearance sorta thing like you don't know where he's gonna strike), of course this should lead up to the day they go 2 Hr's with the day count.
Abyss later on in the night seems to be pacing around with his pal Sting, Sting say I gotta match will you watch my back tonight as I don't trust Cage and his goons.(I know interlinking 3 storylines is a bit complicated).
The match, Cage's goons come down (Tomko & AJ) - Rikishi & Joe come down and make the save and help Sting they bugger off some where. Angle comes running down looks to cost Sting the match, accidentally hits Christian with a Chair maybe and then Sting wins, ducks outta the ring on the outside, and Angle and Christian fight Joe comes back (story is he's layed out his out his opponent and Rikishi is still fighting Tomko as the story goes) we have a 3 way brawl as Angle then gets shot somewhere and we don't see him for a bit maybe knocked out idk, Cage just barely escapes Joe, next thing we see is Sting being shot from under the ring and he's covered in some bloodish goo, speculation comes to it being Judas, or maybe Angle and Sting start brawling outside and Sting is pulled under the ring, ends Impact, that's the way TNA should be keep you on your feet and have alot of meaning behind it.

(Note: This Ep should be taped on the Thursday to stop leaked Spoilers)next week is 27th and Abyss looks mad backstage because Judas hurt his friend Sting (with the Sting Angle Storyline maybe have Angle come out and do a sympathetic un-sympathetic sort angle), JB trys to get a word in again on Abyss, Abyss retreats to a dark place for a few seconds and then looks like he has an idea and goes somewhere after maybe giving some sort of yeh in his mask, we need to be hearing this small laughter.
the next we see of them in the show is James Mithcell being thrown down the ramp and crawling towards a Microphone when put in the ring, James is trying to talk Abyss out of hurting him but Abyss does his Chokeslam onto James and then lights turn off and a video package plays with loads of weird crap (people may criticize this of being alike the Kane/Taker stuff leading up to WM20 but it's not) it reads "7 Days, Father"(Note: Father is going to the thing of Mitchell being his dad if you didn't know). we see Abyss panic sort of and go to the back and maybe crawl into a corner, this should lead to a break so hype after the break.

On the 4th TNA goes 2 Hr's.
Sting is back and is speaking for Abyss and says along the lines of "Abyss has found a solution to whats supposed to happen tonight" (and buggers off because he said something earlier in the promo about his feud)
Abyss goes out after the first hour to the ring (fits in with the whole TNA doesn't know if they can keep there audience thing) and Judas suddenly appears after alot of effects and Abyss does something idk what but does it and no effect (maybe a Powerbomb which looks paralyzing and Judas gets up).
Judas then destroys Abyss and thats the end for this week.

On the 11th final Impact before TNA BFG
All we should see is James Mitchell cutting a promo on Abyss in the ring alone saying that Abyss isn't here tonight and he is gonna set a challenge to Abyss, about Abyss showing up at BFG, and saying if Abyss does show up he can be sure Judas will destroy him (remember no match should be involved at BFG) - then a Video Package goes off about the Darkness returning of Abyss and Judas re-lighting that Fire which had been lost for so long(taking something from Kane's 03 return but still if the Package is done right it should help majorly hype the feud)

Then at BFG it should write it self as a monstrous brawl breaks out between these two with somewhere in it Abyss getting the upper hand and this should look like Abyss has become much darker and stronger than before, and that this is not the same weak looking one before. but Judas still squashes Abyss hopefully to a huge boo, maybe Judas setting Abyss on fire like throwing a flame ball.

--------------

Now on that note, it's all my opinion of how TNA should be doing this and as we know they aren't hyping it up in this way. I think if they did this correctly in the exact manner I have just described it then this could be a huge feud.

I found this on wikipedia (might be true might not be but i thought id post it):

[b]15 Man "Fight for the Right" Battle Royal [/b]
Chris Harris vs. James Storm vs. Robert Roode vs. Black Reign vs. Alex Shelley vs. Chris Sabin vs. Kaz vs. Eric Young vs. Petey Williams vs. Junior Fatu vs. Lance Hoyt vs. Raven vs. Sonjay Dutt vs. Kip James vs. B.G. James

I doubt that's true especially since Kishi is involved in it and Kishi has been brought in the Joe/Cage feud so not doubt we might be seeing Kishi involved in there match.

if it is true it's pretty stupid bringing him into TNA involving him in a feud and then placing him in a battle royal, and not even involving him in the Cage/Joe match

Archived