someone is selling caws on ebay!

antistar

lol looks like theyv'e compiled an ebook and it looks like they got some of wolfgangs caws in it as well ( note the Goldberg)

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8260635428&ssPageName=MERC_VI_ReBay_Pr12_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...Y_BIN_Stores_IT[/url]

Guest Confusion210
it happened last year aswell. I was buying last years game off ebay and a couple of people were selling memory cards full of caws.
i don't remember how much for, or if anyone was bidding on them though

Hey guys,

The person in question has attempted to sell sections of caws.ws (including your caws!) and claim he made them.

We reported this to eBay and the police, so as this is kind of a criminal matter, we cant really discuss it on the forums anymore.

In responce to this new trend of selling stuff on ebay thats free here, we have updated our copyright notices and will be issueing a terms of use that forbids you to re sell anything listed on the site without prior permission. This will leave us in a better positon for the next time that some smart arse tries to sell something that isnt theirs.

[quote name='RVF' post='19130' date='Feb 22 2006, 07:06 AM']The police :fedup:

It's not like he stole your wallet. There caws, there nothing to get all serious over.[/quote]

Yeah... Nothing to get the police involved with. It's not that serious. (This is coming from a semi-CAW Maker). I mean, yeah, it sucks when someone tries to take credit for something you did, but you can't stop it. And if it was that serious, why didn't you try something like this last year when it happened?

But copyrighting them? I honestly don't see the point. That's kind of stupid in my opinion.

Its not that hes copied them...its that hes selling them, so it comes fraud which is against the law. and i think if anyone is gonna make any money from SCA....it should be tom....for the hundreds of hours of hard work hes put into getting SCA where it is now. Not some idiot who comes in, copies his pages and then sells them on ebay.

Okay, JohnB, this is my last say in this, you can take it in or you can't, I'm not trying to cause an arguement. If you copyright the CAWs and all that is on SCA, you may wind up getting sued.

SCA owning copyright to, let's say, a Jeff Hardy CAW, or a Storm(X-Men) CAW, I don't think the companies that own them would take too likely to that, they may sue you, and the person who made them.

Anyway, that's my last two cents, I've been thinking on it for a while and discussing it with some people as well. They all agree with me on this fact.

But seriously, you got the police involved when he's makeing 2 pound per book, all you needed to do was get in touch with E-Bay, then they can get his account deletd and so on. Getting the police involved with somthing like this is hard to believe and not needed.

Archived