:'( Bosh out.

RVF

[quote]New update.. with a mix of good and bad news. Bosh out, NECRO in:

2007 Battle of Los Angeles Takes Place August 31, September 1 & 2
By Silverback, PWG Staff Writer

Stewartville, CA - For the last two years, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla has held the Battle of Los Angeles tournament, and for the last two years, each tournament has, due to injury, seen some changes to the lineup. This year will be no exception, as Austin Aries already defeated Rocky "Azucar" Romero, to win Romero's spot in the tournament. Now word has come that an injury to the winner of the 2005 Battle of Los Angeles winner, "Photogenic" Chris Bosh, has forced him out of the tournament. Not only that, but Bosh has decided to take an indefinite leave of absence from Professional Wrestling. In the wake of this news, PWG Commissioner of Professional Wrestling Dino Winwood has decided that the best possible solution is to offer fans a match they were recently deprived of as a first round match 2007 Battle of Los Angeles. Despite his luck at PWG fourth anniversary show, "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen will now face "Mr. Fighting" Necro Butcher in the C Block of the 2007 Battle of Los Angeles.

Originally scheduled to take place at Giant-Size Annual #4, the match between Necro Butcher and Kevin Steen was a form of punishment for Kevin Steen's vocal opposition and continual defiance of PWG management. However due to some liquor induced transportation problems, the card for Giant-Size Annual #4 was changed, and Kevin Steen ended up with a shot at the PWG World Tag Team Titles, which he won with partner El Generico. This good fortune did not prevent Steen from running his mouth about Dino Winwood, and as a result, Kevin Steen is once again scheduled to face Necro Butcher, but this time the stakes have been raised exponentially.

Necro Butcher's mere presence greatly alters the tournament landscape, not only from a strategic standpoint for the other competitors, but also from a matchmaking standpoint. In order to give the fans the best tournament matches possible, Commissioner of Food & Beverage Excalibur and Commissioner of Wrestling Dino Winwood have altered two other tournament matches. First, on Night One of the tournament former PWG World Tag Team Champion Roderick Strong will now take on Austin Aries, who made his PWG return last month at Giant-Size Annual #4. On Night Two of the tournament, not only will Necro Butcher battle Kevin Steen, but 2006 Battle of Los Angeles winner Davey Richards will face the debuting Nigel McGuinness. We apologize for the changes to the card, and hope that the fans will nonetheless enjoy all three nights of the 2007 Battle of Los Angeles.

If you haven't purchased your tickets yet, it would behoove you to do it as soon as possible! A very small quantity of First Row 3 Night Passes are left, and once they're gone, that's it! Visit the 2007 Battle of Los Angeles mini-site to buy your tickets and guarantee yourself a chance to experience the action live on August 31, September 1 and 2, 2007! Front Row Tickets are $35 per night, 2nd & 3rd Row Tickets are $30 per night, and General Admission is $25 per night. Front Row 3-Night Passes are $90 each, 2nd & 3rd Row 3-Night Passes are $75 each, and General Admission 3-Night passes are $60 each. On top of guaranteeing yourself a seat for one of the premiere events in independent wrestling, fans who pre-order their seats will be admitted to the building first on the day of the show, giving them the first pick of event seating.

Any remaining quantity of tickets will be made available for purchase at the door on the day of each show, but tickets for the first three rows are sure to sell out fast, so the best way to guarantee yourself a spot is to pre-order your tickets right now!

Night 1 of the 2007 Battle of Los Angeles on August 31, 2007, will feature:

First Round Match - A Block
Chris Hero vs. Joey Ryan

Austin Aries vs. Roderick Strong

Jimmy Rave vs. Matt Sydal

PWG World Champion "American Dragon" Bryan Danielson vs. "The Anarchist" Doug Williams

First Round Match - B Block
Tyler Black vs. "Double C" Claudio Castagnoli

Jack Evans vs. "The Man That Gravity Forgot" PAC

Night 2 of the 2007 Battle of Los Angeles on September 1, 2007, will feature:

CIMA vs. Human Tornado (with Candice LeRae)

"The Professional" Scott Lost vs. SHINGO

First Round Match - C Block
Nigel McGuinness vs. Davey Richards

Necro Butcher vs. PWG World Tag Team Champion "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen

Dragon Kid vs. Susumu Yokosuka

PWG World Tag Team Champion El Generico vs. Super Dragon

Night 3 of the 2007 Battle of Los Angeles on September 2, 2007 will feature the Quarter-Final, Semi-Final, and Final Rounds of the tournament, plus exciting non-tournament bouts and more!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's "2007 Battle of Los Angeles" takes place at the Burbank Armory on Friday, August 31, 2007 at 8:00PM, Saturday, September 1, 2007 at 8:00PM and Sunday, September 2, 2007 at 8:00PM. The Burbank Armory is located at 3800 W. Valhalla Dr., Burbank, CA, 91505. Tickets are available for purchase online at the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla 2007 Battle of Los Angeles mini-site. Tickets purchased online will be be available for pickup at the Will Call window on the day of the show. Please make sure your billing information is up to date. Please note our ticketing agent, EventBrite, does assess a 2.5% service charge, with a $0.99 minimum, for each ticket purchased online. Card subject to change.[/quote]

Yay! Necro, but Bosh taking an indefinite leave make me cry. Honestly him, Excalibur, Disco and Beef all retiring this year makes me sad.

[quote name='Libertine.' post='2562554' date='Aug 15 2007, 02:46 PM']For Bosh Fans: [url="http://imageshack.us"][img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/8536/lioncockbz2.gif[/img][/url][/quote]
Nah my favorite Bosh moment is when he beats up the Ninja before he watches *censored*.

^^Lol

Oh man this *censored*ing sucks! Chris Bosh is one of my favorites ever at the moment, and he's one of the best in PWG for sure. I love him because not only is he a great wrestler, but he's f'n hysterical too. I love his comic spots, and I just love the way he wrestles.

This is truly a bummer. Hopefully he's like Scorpio Sky and comes again in some sort of angle.

[quote name='Leonardo LunchBoX' post='2611987' date='Aug 20 2007, 10:23 PM']Actually i would have loved for Ronin to take his place. Ronin *censored*ing owns balls.[/quote]
Yeah he really does.

To be honest, it took me a good while to like Ronin. When I first started watching PWG mid to late '05, I was never really impressed by him, but I'm actually a big fan of his now. I really like his style, and how rough he is.

Ronin just owns. Hopefully he's in the BOLA now.

[quote name='RVF' post='2613335' date='Aug 21 2007, 05:17 AM']Ronin lost his place to Joey or someone I believe, which was really anti-climatic considering his push was basically called Ronin's Road to BOLA 2007 or whatever.[/quote]
Yeah I also found that very strange.

Maybe he'll find a some sort of loop-hole and get in the tourny.

[quote name='Evil_MJ_Hasselhoff' post='2617591' date='Aug 21 2007, 05:21 PM'][quote name='RVF' post='2613335' date='Aug 21 2007, 05:17 AM']Ronin lost his place to Joey or someone I believe, which was really anti-climatic considering his push was basically called Ronin's Road to BOLA 2007 or whatever.[/quote]
Yeah I also found that very strange.

Maybe he'll find a some sort of loop-hole and get in the tourny.
[/quote]
Hopefully, i wanna see him with a PWG World Title regin soon, and this would put him to that status. Danielson vs Ronin would be a good match.

Archived