Do you think Harry Potter is a superhero?

HiP Cavallo

Do you think Harry Potter is a superhero?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Superheor, yes or no?

• yes
    • no

He is, to an extent. He's not a comic book hero who saves lives on a daily basis, but being that he is a hero in his book, and can do things that normal people can't, he may be considered a super hero. It's basically how you look at it.

Bottom line is, he may be a different type of super hero.

A superhero in my book is someone who has extraordinary abilities and uses them to make the world a better place. It doesn't have to mean they wear tights and have superpowers. Look at Batman or Iron Man. They're cool guys but Iron Man has his suit because of money (and to keep him alive) and Batman doesn't have [i]any[/i] powers.

Harry Potter would qualify as a superhero. It would seem rather ridiculous to say he isn't because people don't like him as much as Spider-Man or the X-Men.

[quote name='Nyelaa' post='2553721' date='Aug 14 2007, 01:41 PM']Harry isnt a superhero in my opinion, I dont see him flying around saving every1, I dont see him stopping airplains from crashing into the earth. I bet if I got his little wand I could do all that magic nonsense[/quote]
Have you ever read or seen the Harry Potter stuff? The Harry Potter universe has actual laws and things of that nature in it's world. Wizards can't just go around waving their wand like a baton casting spells on anyone.

[u][b]Superhero[/b][/u]
-A superhero is a fictional character who is noted for feats of courage and nobility and who usually has a colorful name and costume and abilities beyond those of normal human beings.

[u][b]Wizard[/b][/u]
-One who practices magic or sorcery.

Spot the difference.

[quote name='Herbitron5000' post='2556088' date='Aug 14 2007, 06:38 PM'][u][b]Superhero[/b][/u]
-A superhero is a fictional character who is noted for feats of courage and nobility and who usually has a colorful name and costume and abilities beyond those of normal human beings.

[u][b]Wizard[/b][/u]
-One who practices magic or sorcery.

Spot the difference.[/quote]
It's a bit hard. Your definition of a superhero is ridiculous. All it happens to be is what people often think of with superheroes. Even further, if your definitions were true, it wouldn't be out of the question for a superhero to be a wizard and for a wizard to be a superhero.

I'm going by the Oxford Dictionary, but yeah I guess it would be possible for one to be the other and vice versa.

I guess Harry could be classed as a Superhero. But does he really have abilities beyond those of normal human beings? If Harry is a superhero, does that mean Voldemort is a superhero [Supervillain, whatever you want to call it <_<] as Harry gained the majority of his powers from him?

It's a difficult question.

To be a superhero he would have to have unique abilities that separate him from other people. The fact is, that all students that attend Hogwarts have the same magical potential, so he can't be a superhero because he isn't unique.

If Harry was a superhero, then everyone else with magical abilities would be considered a superhero. But that's not the case.

[quote name='RJT' post='2556510' date='Aug 15 2007, 01:25 AM']To be a superhero he would have to have unique abilities that separate him from other people. The fact is, that all students that attend Hogwarts have the same magical potential, so he can't be a superhero because he isn't unique.

If Harry was a superhero, then everyone else with magical abilities would be considered a superhero. But that's not the case.[/quote]
Best explanation yet :cool:

Archived