Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HiP Cavallo

Do you think Harry Potter is a superhero?

Do you think Harry Potter is a superhero?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Superheor, yes or no?

• yes
    • no

My friends had this argument a while ago but it ended with people being really biased to piss me off and it was brought up today so Im making this poll for more fair votes on the topic

hes a wizard who can do magic with a wand. he wasnt born witht hem, so i dont consider him a super hero.

[quote name='wildplayer61' post='2552120' date='Aug 14 2007, 03:21 PM']hes a wizard who can do magic with a wand. he wasnt born witht hem, so i dont consider him a super hero.[/quote]
u saying that is saying that spiderman isnt a superhero coz he wasnt born with his powers

:fedup: Are U For Cereal? Harry Potter, A Superhero? He Is A Wizard! :fedup:

& Who The Hell Voted Yes He Is?

He is, to an extent. He's not a comic book hero who saves lives on a daily basis, but being that he is a hero in his book, and can do things that normal people can't, he may be considered a super hero. It's basically how you look at it.

Bottom line is, he may be a different type of super hero.

A superhero in my book is someone who has extraordinary abilities and uses them to make the world a better place. It doesn't have to mean they wear tights and have superpowers. Look at Batman or Iron Man. They're cool guys but Iron Man has his suit because of money (and to keep him alive) and Batman doesn't have [i]any[/i] powers.

Harry Potter would qualify as a superhero. It would seem rather ridiculous to say he isn't because people don't like him as much as Spider-Man or the X-Men.

Harry isnt a superhero in my opinion, I dont see him flying around saving every1, I dont see him stopping airplains from crashing into the earth. I bet if I got his little wand I could do all that magic nonsense

[quote name='Nyelaa' post='2553721' date='Aug 14 2007, 01:41 PM']Harry isnt a superhero in my opinion, I dont see him flying around saving every1, I dont see him stopping airplains from crashing into the earth. I bet if I got his little wand I could do all that magic nonsense[/quote]
Have you ever read or seen the Harry Potter stuff? The Harry Potter universe has actual laws and things of that nature in it's world. Wizards can't just go around waving their wand like a baton casting spells on anyone.

I voted NO he's not a superhero...I consider a superhero being someone who saves the world numerous times, and doesnt just beat up 1 guy who he never kills until the last one ( I guess).....

No. He just has a magical wand. I don't see that little shit running around in a cape saving people from burning buildings. Hell, he doesn't even have a utility belt. Every superhero must either have a) [i]A cape or [/i]b) [i]A utility belt.[/i]

[u][b]Superhero[/b][/u]
-A superhero is a fictional character who is noted for feats of courage and nobility and who usually has a colorful name and costume and abilities beyond those of normal human beings.

[u][b]Wizard[/b][/u]
-One who practices magic or sorcery.

Spot the difference.

[quote name='Herbitron5000' post='2556088' date='Aug 14 2007, 06:38 PM'][u][b]Superhero[/b][/u]
-A superhero is a fictional character who is noted for feats of courage and nobility and who usually has a colorful name and costume and abilities beyond those of normal human beings.

[u][b]Wizard[/b][/u]
-One who practices magic or sorcery.

Spot the difference.[/quote]
It's a bit hard. Your definition of a superhero is ridiculous. All it happens to be is what people often think of with superheroes. Even further, if your definitions were true, it wouldn't be out of the question for a superhero to be a wizard and for a wizard to be a superhero.

I'm going by the Oxford Dictionary, but yeah I guess it would be possible for one to be the other and vice versa.

I guess Harry could be classed as a Superhero. But does he really have abilities beyond those of normal human beings? If Harry is a superhero, does that mean Voldemort is a superhero [Supervillain, whatever you want to call it <_<] as Harry gained the majority of his powers from him?

It's a difficult question.

Guest RJT
To be a superhero he would have to have unique abilities that separate him from other people. The fact is, that all students that attend Hogwarts have the same magical potential, so he can't be a superhero because he isn't unique.

If Harry was a superhero, then everyone else with magical abilities would be considered a superhero. But that's not the case.

[quote name='RJT' post='2556510' date='Aug 15 2007, 01:25 AM']To be a superhero he would have to have unique abilities that separate him from other people. The fact is, that all students that attend Hogwarts have the same magical potential, so he can't be a superhero because he isn't unique.

If Harry was a superhero, then everyone else with magical abilities would be considered a superhero. But that's not the case.[/quote]
Best explanation yet :cool:

No ..Not A Hero ..Why Even Consider Him A Hero..He Hasnt Been In Comic Books..And Them 500 Page Books Dont Count ..So ..No I Dont Consider Him As A Hero