"Leaving" section?

Dazz

As you may have noticed, the General boards are full of "I'm leaving the forums forever/few weeks/5 seconds" type of topics and to be honest, there could be important topics posted (ha, yeah right, on here? You're kidding me) which get bumped to page 12 or whatever because of the leaving things plus I'd imagine a lot don't care to be honest if someone's going for the day while those that do can read about it in the provided section.

Yeah that's a better idea, pinned topic, I was just thinking of the constant Fan Club topics made before that section was made. Just wanting to keep General Chat as general chat and not a billion "I'm leaving" topics while also keeping the "one click" rule I learned from a couple of official wrestler website forums to keep things simple for people new to the net.

[quote name='Ewok_3000' post='2541250' date='Aug 13 2007, 09:11 AM']Oh you mean a section sorta like what they have on the GFX forums, saying if you're new or you're leaving?[/quote]

Not visited those forums but I meant something like the General Chat has Sports and Entertainment & Media sections, something kinda like that where anyone leaving the boards for a length of time can say in there "I'm going...." etc without taking away any topics on General or bumping them back a few pages because to be honest I'm tired of looking for somethign I was talking about the night before and seeing it isn't there because 6 people decided to tell us all they're leaving for a vacation or something but I suppose whatever the admin think best depending on how everyone feels and the ideas pumped into this topic in particular.

[quote name='Time' post='2541265' date='Aug 13 2007, 08:16 PM']He's basically suggesting a 'Member Announcement' section.[/quote]
Ahh ok.

[quote name='Dazz' post='2541270' date='Aug 13 2007, 08:16 PM'][quote name='Ewok_3000' post='2541250' date='Aug 13 2007, 09:11 AM']Oh you mean a section sorta like what they have on the GFX forums, saying if you're new or you're leaving?[/quote]

Not visited those forums but I meant something like the General Chat has Sports and Entertainment & Media sections, something kinda like that where anyone leaving the boards for a length of time can say in there "I'm going...." etc without taking away any topics on General or bumping them back a few pages because to be honest I'm tired of looking for somethign I was talking about the night before and seeing it isn't there because 6 people decided to tell us all they're leaving for a vacation or something but I suppose whatever the admin think best depending on how everyone feels and the ideas pumped into this topic in particular.
[/quote]
Oh ok. Yeah I know what you're talking about. So you're saying maybe another sub-forum in General Chat, for everyone who has a topic saying "I'm leaving" etc?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest John Brunton
Ive been monitoring it since you posted this and concluded its not that bad really.

There are not constant threads about it.

We also had a debate about this on the moderator forums and decided for now we would not bring the arrivals/departures board back or make a thread.

Thanks though!

Archived