GM-mode tips

matskulainen

Let hometown heroes win their matches, and put certain superstars in the match they're famous for. For examples:

[center][u][b]Submission[/b][/u][/center]
[center]Chris Benoit[/center]
[center]Chris Masters[/center]
[center]Kurt Angle[/center]
[center]Ric Flair[/center]
[center]Shelton Benjamin[/center]

[center][u][b]TLC[/b][/u][/center]
[center]Christian[/center]
[center]Edge[/center]
[center]Rob Van Dam[/center]

[center][u][b]Ladder[/b][/u][/center]
[center]Christian[/center]
[center]Edge[/center]

[center][u][b]Parking Lot Brawl[/u][/b][/center]
[center]Eddie Guerrero[/center]
[center]John Cena[/center]

[center][u][b]Bar Room Brawl[/b][/u][/center]
[center]JBL[/center]

[center][u][b]Buried Alive[/b][/u][/center]
[center]Kane[/center]
[center]Undertaker[/center]

[center][u][b]Hardcore[/b][/u][/center]
[center]Mankind[/center]
[center]Rob Van Dam[/center]
[center]Stone Cold[/center]
[center]Tajiri[/center]
[center]Triple H[/center]

[center][u][b]Backstage[/b][/u][/center]
[center]Mankind[/center]
[center]Stone Cold[/center]

[center][u][b]HIAC[/b][/u][/center]
[center]Mankind[/center]
[center]Shawn Michaels[/center]
[center]Triple H[/center]
[center]Undertaker[/center]

[center][u][b]Iron Man[/b][/u][/center]
[center]Shawn Michaels[/center]

[center][u][b]Fulfill Your Fantasy[/b][/u][/center]
[center]Stacy Keibler[/center]

[center][u][b]Handicap[/b][/u][/center]
[center]The Rock[/center]

All these people in all these matches equals better ratings. I forgot to add for you to have the most popular people in the free agency if you didn't choose them first.

Just a quick tip actually a couple of quick tips. If you have a roster full of CAW's raising the popularity can be tough. I have found Tornado Tag Cage Matchs for the Tag Team Titles, 6 Man Battle Royals for a Title and Hell in a Cell Matches for a Title tend to raise the popularity of all involved no matter who wins. Sometimes only 3 or 4 who participate will get the bump and the others will drop not sure on the randomness of it. Anyway if you see that your roster is on the brink of exhaustion you can do a little trick I like to call The Pre Emptid for the Westminster Dog Show trick. Simply go to your schedule and dont book any matches for 2 weeks. Everyones popularity will hold and they will get well rested. If this ends up being any of your superstars 3rd week off (wasnt used in final show before the dog show) He will suffer a drop. You will see some content superstars on your roster after this trick but its only because they are ready to get back in the ring after that rest. The Dog Show trick should only be done if you dont care about the GM trophy or your ratings cause they will drop and drop hard.

Well heres my tips this is how i got my first GM trophy.

Play as the Smackdown GM. dont play two contollers then that shows your just plain lazy and takes long.

Give Rey Mysterio the Crusierweight tittle. so he wont ask for any other tittles.and defend the tittle against Christian,Spike,alot of jobbers. then he will get 100 popualrity. then he could main event matches.

Give Batista the World Heavyweight Tittle and let him have a Fued with Undertaker but make him win alot of matches so his popualrity could go up to 100.

Give the Tag Tittles to 2 superstars that you really like and let them have them for ever and let the manage and win alot of matches so thier populairty could have 100. id sya give it to two people who ask for alot of tittle matches.

Same thing for the united states tittle make them defend and win alot and then let them get 100 pop.

if you do that then all your champs will have 100 pop.

if you want high popualrity then make the superstar wrestle 2 times a week and manage a wrestler and let him win.

Sign Alot of WWE Legends.

and make a good main event and chose main event hype for on of your opinons.

and Slander when you know u have a good card.

Advertise everyweek because u need to pay for contracts.

hope that helps.

iv'e completed GM Mode twice. the first time i won it on the last show(wrestlemania) on the second time round i was to good for the game, i won by about 3-4million more votes. i have no secret, just fued with HBK and Angle :) i also made my brock lesnar popularity 100, so he then was good for world title matches, the fans loved him :)

• 2 weeks later...
[b]Injury Avoidance[/b]
Watch the fatigue meter on your wrestlers, and then pay attention to the green squares on the match type setting when you are booking your card. You will see that normal match give 1 square, and main event matches give 3,4,5 or full. Always make sure that you have enough empty fatigue squares to acomidate the match type you want your supertstars to participate in.

You can rest your superstars by doing normal singles matches, having them be a manager, or a special referee. People say their superstars are injured all the time. What do you expect when you are doing hell in a cell every week? Even submission matches cause their fair share of wear and tear. And Singles matches can be rated just as highly as main events if the superstars are popular and have a good feud going.

[b]Keep Feuds rated high[/b]
Mix your matches up week to week. To maintain a feud all you have to keep your superstars in the same match as one another week to week. There are a lot of ways you can do this. Have them tag together, have them tag against each other with other feuders, give them a week off with a skit for their rivalry and have them face other people that week. Have 1 guy referee the other guy's match etc... Do a different match everyweek, and save the real brutal main events for weeks where the other brand has a payper view, or it's your pay per view.

Another thing about feuds, it seems to be best to feud people who's poularity is close. Otherwise the fans get bored of it quick. The sim part seems to favour the higher rated superstars anyways, so the lower reated guy will suffer for it.

[b]Slander[/b]
You can use your slander promotion on your last show before your PPV and it always seems to work wonders. Don't use it at any other time because it's too risky. It doesn't pay off.

[b]Quick CAW Boost[/b]
On your CAW's first show after being signed, use him in a new superstar promo, and then have him win his match. Even better if they can win a midcard title in their debut. This will boost them about 4-5 points in the popularity, instead of just 1 for a win.

[b]Check your feelings at the door[/b]
If you are playing to win, the object of the game is to use the most popular superstars and book for the fans. You aren't playing to put your favourite superstars over. If Hurricane is your favourite superstar, too bad. He's 27 in popularity and going nowhere fast. The people want to see HHH and John Cena, and the point of GM Mode is to maintain a higher fanbase then the other brand. Book around the people the fans want to see, and slowly build up your favourites to be popular in the coming years.

[quote name='VDark' post='29990' date='Feb 28 2006, 02:14 PM'][b]Injury Avoidance[/b]
Watch the fatigue meter on your wrestlers, and then pay attention to the green squares on the match type setting when you are booking your card. You will see that normal match give 1 square, and main event matches give 3,4,5 or full. Always make sure that you have enough empty fatigue squares to acomidate the match type you want your supertstars to participate in.

You can rest your superstars by doing normal singles matches, having them be a manager, or a special referee. People say their superstars are injured all the time. What do you expect when you are doing hell in a cell every week? Even submission matches cause their fair share of wear and tear. And Singles matches can be rated just as highly as main events if the superstars are popular and have a good feud going.

[b]Keep Feuds rated high[/b]
Mix your matches up week to week. To maintain a feud all you have to keep your superstars in the same match as one another week to week. There are a lot of ways you can do this. Have them tag together, have them tag against each other with other feuders, give them a week off with a skit for their rivalry and have them face other people that week. Have 1 guy referee the other guy's match etc... Do a different match everyweek, and save the real brutal main events for weeks where the other brand has a payper view, or it's your pay per view.

Another thing about feuds, it seems to be best to feud people who's poularity is close. Otherwise the fans get bored of it quick. The sim part seems to favour the higher rated superstars anyways, so the lower reated guy will suffer for it.

[b]Slander[/b]
You can use your slander promotion on your last show before your PPV and it always seems to work wonders. Don't use it at any other time because it's too risky. It doesn't pay off.

[b]Quick CAW Boost[/b]
On your CAW's first show after being signed, use him in a new superstar promo, and then have him win his match. Even better if they can win a midcard title in their debut. This will boost them about 4-5 points in the popularity, instead of just 1 for a win.

[b]Check your feelings at the door[/b]
If you are playing to win, the object of the game is to use the most popular superstars and book for the fans. You aren't playing to put your favourite superstars over. If Hurricane is your favourite superstar, too bad. He's 27 in popularity and going nowhere fast. The people want to see HHH and John Cena, and the point of GM Mode is to maintain a higher fanbase then the other brand. Book around the people the fans want to see, and slowly build up your favourites to be popular in the coming years.[/quote]

This is exactly what you need to do. In fact, the only thing I would add to that is to make sure you book Hometown heroes to win their matches. Also, make every PPV match a Main Event, that'll send people to your show in droves. Yes, it'll wear down your roster for the next week's show, but it'll at least give you a big surge going into the next week.

Another thing that is VERY important. At Wrestlemania, book your most popular Superstars. In the Main Event, book a Hell In A Cell match or a 6 Man Battle Royal (possibly with a Hometown hero... who you want to win) with your 3 longest fueds, then book the next three most popular guys in the cross-promotional matches. Make sure to WIN all three cross-promotional matches.

I was losing the ratings war by a healthy margin the week before Wrestlemania, and after doing that I won clean and clear. It surprised me actually.

The most important thing to do is to make sure that you let guys get over and stick it out with them unless they get injured or are about to bail or something like that. It doesn't matter if you hate John Cena or Triple H, let them be the most popular guy on your roster. Just because you love Edge or Christian, doesn't mean you need to try to push them to the top while ignoring other guys who are more popular.

The truth is, that guys WILL get over on their own. You just have to give them time to do it. If a guy gets injured where he can't wrestle, consider keeping him on your roster anyway, that way he'll still be available when he heals. However, if you have more than one guy go down, drop the most useless ones. There's no reason to keep dead weight on your roster, especially if there's free agents that are close or of equal value to the one that went down.

Also, there are several matches where everyone goes up in poularity. They're rigorous, so don't book them all the time, but make sure to work them into the rotation whenever possible. It will help lesser guys get over.

[b]Quick CAW Boost Part 2[/b]

Last night after starting a new GM mode, I managed to get a CAW from 20 to 53 in the space of ~6 weeks. That's 33 points instead of 6.

Debut: New Superstar promo and winning the IC title 20-27
Weeks after that: A feud with 2 midcard stars and a IC title defense every show. I was getting 3-5 popularity points per show instead of 1 point I usually see. I'm going to take a guess here and assume I was getting:

1 point for the victory
1 point for the feud
1-2 point(s) for the title defense
1-2 point(s) for the specialty match bonus

The above formula leads me to further speculate that, the thumbs up ratings for your feuds count towards a pupularity bonus in the match. I've had people lose matches but still gain some popularity. If you have 2 or 3 thumbs up icons on your feuds then you will get 2 or 3 bonus points per match / storyline segment booked.

If you get a thumbs down icon for your feud, you are going to lose 1 point for each on after each match you continue the feud.

So a properly booked feud that has a build up and a big payoff can skyrocket a superstar's popularity. Things you have to take note of is not having the main event feuders fighting on your normal shows. Just like in WWE. John Cena and Triple H are not going to face off until wrestlemania, yours shouldn't until the pay-per-view.

John Cena - HHH will tag together. John Cena - HHH will have contract signings, face offs, back and forth promos and maybe special referree spots. They may act as managers for two other opposing stars for a match, and even oppose each other in a match that has multiple superstars in it as a RAW main event, but they will [b]NOT[/b] lock up one on one until the pay-per-view.
This is classic WWE feud building logic, and this translate well into booking your GM mode matches.

My feuds that go bad are always the ones where the superstars are facing off every show, and not getting a proper build up. The fans get tired of it quickly, and when the pay per view does roll around, the fight isn't special anymore and you get less ratings and fans, and most likely a thumbs down or two.

There is 1 show a month where your guys should go 1 on 1 like this in a main event style match. This is the pay per view, and the last show before your opponent's pay per view. These are your money shows, and you need to build to them. Everything should be done as a step towards your next big show.

ok ive just managed to get the hang of it and all but i know a few people are still finding it hard so i decided to post these things up.

allso thanks and credit goes to (realist and dreamz) if some one could make this a sticky it would help.

thanks to dreamz for this
But Yeah I Found A Good Way To Get Everyone You Want On The One Show ......

Okay Start New GM Mode And Before You Draft Your Roster Press Start And Turn your Whole Roster But 25 Jobbers Off So That they Cannot Be Drafted . The Computer will draft 20 Of The Jobbers And You Will have A blank roster .When the Game Has started Go Into Free Agents And Turn The 20 Wrestlers You Want On . If You Do One Blank Show With No Matches But The Advertisement Promos You Can then Sign The 20 Wrestlers You Want . While The Other Show Is Having scotty 2 Hotty Vs Snitsky First Blood Matches For The WWE Title You Can Have Your Dream Show . Just A small Problem and That Is That money is Very tight and You Have To Release 3 Superstars After 3 Months . After that you Should Offer everybody 6 month contracts then Save Your Money To give them Another 3 Months At the Royal Rumble . When you Release Stars turn Them Off As Free Agents Or The Other Show will draft Them

Enjoy

Edit : Oh Yeah Heres Some Stuff .....

Undertaker Vs Kane - Hell in A Cell - 4.5 Stars
John Cena Vs Big Show Vs Ric Flair - I.C Title - Ladder Match - 4.5 Stars
Triple H Vs The Rock- WWE Title - Steel Cage - 5 Stars
Chris Benoit Vs Chris Jericho - I.C title - Ultimate Submissions - 5 stars
Kurt Angle Vs Stone Cold - First blood - 4.5 Stars
Stone Cold Vs Undertaker - First Blood - 4 Stars
Hulk Hogan Vs Hassan - TLC - 5 Stars
Eddie Vs Rey Mysterio - Ladder Match - I.C Title - 4.5 stars
Randy Orton Vs Triple H - Table Or Ladder Match - WWE Title - 5 Stars
Shawn Michaels Vs Bret Hart - 60 Min Ironman - WWE Title - 5 stars
Batista Vs Triple H Vs Ric Flair Vs Randy Orton - 4 Way - 4.5 Stars
Mankind Vs The Rock - last Man Standing - WWE title - 4 Stars

Good Long Rivalries -

Chris Jericho Vs Chris Benoit - 7 Weeks
Kane Vs Undertaker - 5 Weeks
Bret Hart Vs HBK - 7 Weeks
Stone Cold Vs Kurt Angle - 5 Weeks
Triple H Vs The Rock - 11 Weeks
Hulk Hogan Vs Hassan - 6 Weeks
Kane Vs Benoit - 5 Weeks
Mankind Vs The Rock - 5 Weeks
Cena Vs Big Show - 5 Weeks

thanks to the realist for this
Say you re-created Team Angle again and Benoit was the World Champ. Benoit and Angle fought for the belt atleast 2 months straight and Angle can't beat him until the 3rd month came. It'll work if you make them win back and forth and plan it straight forward and involve Benjamin and Haas to help assist Angle to make him win the title. Use Kurt Angle and his team to keep Benoit away from facing, as so, Benoit vs. Haas at this PPV (Benoit wins), Benjamin vs. Benoit at the next PPV (Benoit wins), Haas & Benjamin vs. Benoit (Benoit pulls off a upset victory) and then, Benoit gets his shot at the belt (Kurt Angle vs. Benoit) and that will be your decision and I feel that can be worked out if you get it done correctly.

thank you both.

if anyone has any other ideas that will help people please post up allso could someone make this a sticky becuase people are somtimes asking for help.

Allso Lol Charlie Haas Has a Rating of 90 on My Game and He started with 20 I Used In Cruserweight Matches First then Had a 50 winning Streak he won the tag belts after dropping the Cruiserweight title To spike dudley then won the us and finally ended Kurt Angles world title Six Month Streak at wrestlemania in His first year as a Smackdown Star The He Got Injured lol so mahoamed hassan became a household name as champion Until Hogan came Back and defeted him at survivor series.

[quote name='SharpShooting-Dogg223' post='46056' date='Mar 9 2006, 07:00 PM']WEll the easiest way ever is to just play 2player and give the 2nd player sucky matches hahaha.I won it on 1 player...[/quote]

But you kinda take the phone of it? You want at least a LIL challenge . . .

• 4 weeks later...
This is exactly what you need to do. In fact, the only thing I would add to that is to make sure you book Hometown heroes to win their matches. Also, make every PPV match a Main Event, that'll send people to your show in droves. Yes, it'll wear down your roster for the next week's show, but it'll at least give you a big surge going into the next week.

how do you know who is hometown tho? write it all down?

• 4 months later...

Archived