History of the NWA Vol 1 1983-1984

Bilskie

Hello all!!
I am very much looking forward to the big Mega Save by Walks with the Wind!!
Because I too am now heavy into this whole CAW thing that we love, i have posted a game save titled [b]History of the NWA vol. 1 1983-1984[/b][i][/i] over on gamefaqs. I would post the save on here, but i have no clue how to do it, and it was just easier for me to do it there.

If someone could illustrate for me the way to post saves on this site, I would greatly appreciate it.
I would like to show all of you what i have learned from the top CAW aritists, by sharing THIS save...

[color="#0000FF"]Here's what i posted...over there

[b]This save is for the OLD SCHOOL NWA wrestling fan!
I will be putting out several new OLD SCHOOL saves. This save is taken from the period between Starrcade 83-84! All wrestlers from that era are not present, but the major players are! You will find some "origionals" that came directly from my BRAIN...I am 99.999% sure that these have NEVER been attempted or created...to my knowledge the 1st Don Kernodle, Paul Jones, MY OWN JIMMY VALIANT, Black Bart, Dick Slater, Jay and Mark Youngblood, and Mark Lewin(aka Purple Haze for you Florida Fans)!!! I have put my own personal touch on all of the CAWs...true OLD SCHOOL fans WILL NOT be disappointed!!!
My credit first and foremost goes the enthb, the creator of the ORIGIONAL OLD SCHOOL NWA SAVE, whose tallents for CAWs eventually led to my interest and subsequent CAW saves. All my other credit goes out to all CAW artists out there, especially the creator(s) of the NWA 1988-90 save(BIG UPS), the AWA save(BIG UPS), and the WCCW save(BIG UPS), who use this site and the guys over at caws.ws who did an outstanding job in creating wrestlers, and are still bangin' them out today!!! YOU ARE TRUE ARTISTS!!
THANK YOU ALL!!!!!

This is my FIRST save and it can be found in the GAMES SAVES section....Here's the roster....

1.Ric Flair
2.Harley Race
3.Dusty Rhodes
4.Wahoo McDaniel
5. Blackjack Mulligan
6.Paul Jones
7.Nikita Koloff
8.Ivan Koloff
9.Ole Anderson
10.Tully Blanchard
11.JIMMY VALIANT
12.Ragin Bull Manny Fernandez
13.Roddy Piper
14.Greg Valentine
15.DON KERNODLE
16.Sgt.Slaughter
17.BLACK BART
18.Bob Orton Jr.
19.DICK SLATER
20.Cowboy Ron Bass
21.Gary Hart
22.The Great Kabuki
23.Dory Funk Jr.
24Abdullah the Butcher
25.Carlos Colon
26.Kevin Sullivan
27.Ricky Steamboat
28.JAY YOUNGBLOOD
29.MARK YOUNGBLOOD
30.MARK LEWIN

Well, here it is vol 1 History of the NWA-1983-1984!!!! Enjoy!! [/color][/b]

this sounds good, i am especially interested in the black bart, dirty dick slater, and boogie woogie man caws. do you have any pics?

btw-i saw the game file over at gamefaqs but you should post the message itself on the caw board too so that people know it's there.

[quote name='twojacks' post='2243120' date='Jul 9 2007, 06:47 PM']this sounds good, i am especially interested in the black bart, dirty dick slater, and boogie woogie man caws. do you have any pics?

btw-i saw the game file over at gamefaqs but you should post the message itself on the caw board too so that people know it's there.[/quote]

[b][/b]Unfortuntely, i have no pics. Im not real sure how to take them, other than a standard camara, and that looks like crappola! It says at the beginning of the post where the save is, i just wish i knew how to post the save here[b][/b]

[quote name='Southern Comfort' post='2243951' date='Jul 9 2007, 08:37 PM']I thought I saw a Paul Jones before and Jay Youngblood. I can't ever recall seeing a Mark Youngblood before, ever. Save sounds pretty good.[/quote]

[b][/b]Well, i thought, if im going to post a save having to do with that time period, '83-'84, I had better throw in Number 1 Paul Jones, so the Boogie-Woogie man can have an oponent! Both he and the Youngbloods are ORIGIONALS, my friend, that why you haven't seen them before.
I just wish i had more room for the Brisco Brothers!

I downloaded the save last night. It's awesome. One of the best I've seen yet. Great attention to detail, Ric Flair looks amazing. Have you thought about an "over-flow" save? That way you can add the Briscoes and possibly some other greats from that era (David Von Erich, Terry Funk, etc)? Can't wait for some future work. Great job bud!

[quote name='thrower32' post='2252051' date='Jul 10 2007, 09:43 PM']I downloaded the save last night. It's awesome. One of the best I've seen yet. Great attention to detail, Ric Flair looks amazing. Have you thought about an "over-flow" save? That way you can add the Briscoes and possibly some other greats from that era (David Von Erich, Terry Funk, etc)? Can't wait for some future work. Great job bud![/quote]

i have yet to download but will as soon as i find the time and memory card space but if you do an overflow or a vol 2 save, how about:

jesse barr
buddy landell
ronnie garvin
jimmy garvin
the sheepherders

15.DON KERNODLE
17.BLACK BART
19.DICK SLATER
20.Cowboy Ron Bass
24Abdullah the Butcher
25.Carlos Colon
26.Kevin Sullivan
28.JAY YOUNGBLOOD
29.MARK YOUNGBLOOD
30.MARK LEWIN
wow dont see to many of these guys hope to see more out of you man great to see some rare guys sure to make on 360 if forms come out

Thanks guys for your feedback. I have thought about doing overflows for some of the NWA saves im working on. I have more on the way as i said, after i release what i have so far, i'll probably make overflow saves.

I'll just HINT this .... there will be over flows for FUTURE volumes.

Stay tuned!!!

[quote name='BaronVonHeller' post='2254948' date='Jul 11 2007, 09:06 AM']What is your user name there or a direct link to it?[/quote]

[b][/b]The save is located @ gamefaqs.com....click on the PS2 link, click W for games listed under that letter, go to Smackdown vs.Raw 2006 , click game saves, and it will be right there...please note that this save is in MAX format.[b][/b]

[quote name='Bilskie' post='2255090' date='Jul 11 2007, 01:40 PM'][quote name='BaronVonHeller' post='2254948' date='Jul 11 2007, 09:06 AM']What is your user name there or a direct link to it?[/quote][b][/b]The save is located @ gamefaqs.com....click on the PS2 link, click W for games listed under that letter, go to Smackdown vs.Raw 2006 , click game saves, and it will be right there...please note that this save is in MAX format.[b][/b][/quote]I know WHERE they are located, just don't see YOURS. :)[quote name='BaronVonHeller' post='2255117' date='Jul 11 2007, 01:48 PM'][quote name='Bilskie' post='2255090' date='Jul 11 2007, 01:40 PM'][quote name='BaronVonHeller' post='2254948' date='Jul 11 2007, 09:06 AM']What is your user name there or a direct link to it?[/quote][b][/b]The save is located @ gamefaqs.com....click on the PS2 link, click W for games listed under that letter, go to Smackdown vs.Raw 2006 , click game saves, and it will be right there...please note that this save is in MAX format.[b][/b][/quote]I know WHERE they are located, just don't see YOURS. :)[/quote]Looks great! Overall, I'd give ya a 9.5. Piper definately needs a lotta work, and a lot of CAWs have "splotches" on their faces(like Piper).But, All in all, an EXCELLENT save! Thank you! I had almost forgotten about the "boogie woogie" man! :-)

[quote name='BaronVonHeller' post='2255117' date='Jul 11 2007, 11:37 AM'][quote name='Bilskie' post='2255090' date='Jul 11 2007, 01:40 PM'][quote name='BaronVonHeller' post='2254948' date='Jul 11 2007, 09:06 AM']What is your user name there or a direct link to it?[/quote][b][/b]The save is located @ gamefaqs.com....click on the PS2 link, click W for games listed under that letter, go to Smackdown vs.Raw 2006 , click game saves, and it will be right there...please note that this save is in MAX format.[b][/b][/quote]I know WHERE they are located, just don't see YOURS. :)[quote name='BaronVonHeller' post='2255117' date='Jul 11 2007, 01:48 PM'][quote name='Bilskie' post='2255090' date='Jul 11 2007, 01:40 PM'][quote name='BaronVonHeller' post='2254948' date='Jul 11 2007, 09:06 AM']What is your user name there or a direct link to it?[/quote][b][/b]The save is located @ gamefaqs.com....click on the PS2 link, click W for games listed under that letter, go to Smackdown vs.Raw 2006 , click game saves, and it will be right there...please note that this save is in MAX format.[b][/b][/quote]I know WHERE they are located, just don't see YOURS. :)[/quote]Looks great! Overall, I'd give ya a 9.5. Piper definately needs a lotta work, and a lot of CAWs have "splotches" on their faces(like Piper).But, All in all, an EXCELLENT save! Thank you! I had almost forgotten about the "boogie woogie" man! :-)
[/quote]

I appreciate those kind words!

The splotches you refer to on Piper are intentional, if you go back and look at tape, you will see Pipes had "pock marks" on his face...is that what you're referring to?

[quote name='Bilskie' post='2258941' date='Jul 11 2007, 11:16 PM'][quote name='BaronVonHeller' post='2255117' date='Jul 11 2007, 11:37 AM'][quote name='Bilskie' post='2255090' date='Jul 11 2007, 01:40 PM'][quote name='BaronVonHeller' post='2254948' date='Jul 11 2007, 09:06 AM']What is your user name there or a direct link to it?[/quote][b][/b]The save is located @ gamefaqs.com....click on the PS2 link, click W for games listed under that letter, go to Smackdown vs.Raw 2006 , click game saves, and it will be right there...please note that this save is in MAX format.[b][/b][/quote]I know WHERE they are located, just don't see YOURS. :)[quote name='BaronVonHeller' post='2255117' date='Jul 11 2007, 01:48 PM'][quote name='Bilskie' post='2255090' date='Jul 11 2007, 01:40 PM'][quote name='BaronVonHeller' post='2254948' date='Jul 11 2007, 09:06 AM']What is your user name there or a direct link to it?[/quote][b][/b]The save is located @ gamefaqs.com....click on the PS2 link, click W for games listed under that letter, go to Smackdown vs.Raw 2006 , click game saves, and it will be right there...please note that this save is in MAX format.[b][/b][/quote]I know WHERE they are located, just don't see YOURS. :)[/quote]Looks great! Overall, I'd give ya a 9.5. Piper definately needs a lotta work, and a lot of CAWs have "splotches" on their faces(like Piper).But, All in all, an EXCELLENT save! Thank you! I had almost forgotten about the "boogie woogie" man! :-)
[/quote]

The splotches you refer to on Piper are intentional, if you go back and look at tape, you will see Pipes had "pock marks" on his face...is that what you're referring to?
[/quote]

Yep. I haven't seen old NWA in a while, admittedly. But, like I said, the save rocks. I am just picky with Piper, cuz he's one o' my faves. Have you seen my piper yet? (he's on my save that's posted here) I used the "long hair" Piper. Also, The mongols are on that save as well (Bepo and Bolo). [url="http://caws.ws/forum/index.php?showtopic=118945"]http://caws.ws/forum/index.php?showtopic=118945[/url]

I have won 2 battle royals with your Boogie Woogie man now. :-) Keep up the great work!

[quote name='BaronVonHeller' post='2263139' date='Jul 12 2007, 09:01 AM'][quote name='Bilskie' post='2258941' date='Jul 11 2007, 11:16 PM'][quote name='BaronVonHeller' post='2255117' date='Jul 11 2007, 11:37 AM'][quote name='Bilskie' post='2255090' date='Jul 11 2007, 01:40 PM'][quote name='BaronVonHeller' post='2254948' date='Jul 11 2007, 09:06 AM']What is your user name there or a direct link to it?[/quote][b][/b]The save is located @ gamefaqs.com....click on the PS2 link, click W for games listed under that letter, go to Smackdown vs.Raw 2006 , click game saves, and it will be right there...please note that this save is in MAX format.[b][/b][/quote]I know WHERE they are located, just don't see YOURS. :)[quote name='BaronVonHeller' post='2255117' date='Jul 11 2007, 01:48 PM'][quote name='Bilskie' post='2255090' date='Jul 11 2007, 01:40 PM'][quote name='BaronVonHeller' post='2254948' date='Jul 11 2007, 09:06 AM']What is your user name there or a direct link to it?[/quote][b][/b]The save is located @ gamefaqs.com....click on the PS2 link, click W for games listed under that letter, go to Smackdown vs.Raw 2006 , click game saves, and it will be right there...please note that this save is in MAX format.[b][/b][/quote]I know WHERE they are located, just don't see YOURS. :)[/quote]Looks great! Overall, I'd give ya a 9.5. Piper definately needs a lotta work, and a lot of CAWs have "splotches" on their faces(like Piper).But, All in all, an EXCELLENT save! Thank you! I had almost forgotten about the "boogie woogie" man! :-)
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yep. I haven't seen old NWA in a while, admittedly. But, like I said, the save rocks. I am just picky with Piper, cuz he's one o' my faves. Have you seen my piper yet? (he's on my save that's posted here) I used the "long hair" Piper. Also, The mongols are on that save as well (Bepo and Bolo). [url="http://caws.ws/forum/index.php?showtopic=118945"]http://caws.ws/forum/index.php?showtopic=118945[/url]

I have won 2 battle royals with your Boogie Woogie man now. :-) Keep up the great work!
[/quote]

Oh yeah, Boogie's the MAN! I used Slaughter, Kernodle, adn beleive it or not, Carlos Colon!!! Kernodle is as tough as nails!!!!

[quote name='Vulpes R' post='2279906' date='Jul 14 2007, 05:26 AM']Well, downloaded your save. Have to say I am pretty darned impressed. Really good work. Overall I would give it an 8.5/10. : o Can't wait to see more![/quote]

Well, thanks for those kind words, but fear not, for 1985 is right around the corner. Now i just wanna say, in general, that these saves will be progressive...meaning you will see some repeat performers, so to speak. You will see Rhodes, Flair, Blanchard, Ole & Arn Anderson, etc with certain tweaks to their look to reflect the given year. So dont everyone get your hopes up too high...remember I'm still a novice at this.

Announcing... I am in the process of putting together NWA 1987...its tough, because there will be overflow, you know with all those UWF peeps in the mix.... but i just want a "core 30" for that year...so if you all can give me a mock list of who I should cram into the 1987 NWA roster... PLEASE do not hesitate let me know, drop me a line or something!

[quote name='Wolverine' post='2281983' date='Jul 14 2007, 02:28 PM']Will these have real movelists, I have played too much Zuricks saves to play with caws that have two DDT's as a finisher. I'm sure these caws are good though, keep it up. :nod:[/quote]

I will say this, i watch ALOT of wrestling, especially from the NWA of the mid-80's! I love the period from late 1983-1988! I will make damn sure that Arn Anderson delivers his old finisher, the GORDBUSTER...remember that one!!!??? And a DDT that looks like one he hit Nikita Koloff with during the Tag Team Title match at the Bash 88!! I even gave Tully the Sling-shot suplex!!!!
Hopefully that answers your inquiry
Thanks for writing

[quote name='Bilskie' post='2283724' date='Jul 14 2007, 11:49 PM'][quote name='Wolverine' post='2281983' date='Jul 14 2007, 02:28 PM']Will these have real movelists, I have played too much Zuricks saves to play with caws that have two DDT's as a finisher. I'm sure these caws are good though, keep it up. :nod:[/quote]

I will say this, i watch ALOT of wrestling, especially from the NWA of the mid-80's! I love the period from late 1983-1988! I will make damn sure that Arn Anderson delivers his old finisher, the GORDBUSTER...remember that one!!!??? And a DDT that looks like one he hit Nikita Koloff with during the Tag Team Title match at the Bash 88!! I even gave Tully the Sling-shot suplex!!!!
Hopefully that answers your inquiry
Thanks for writing
[/quote]

Yea, his movesets are pretty damn accurate! I agree with ya about seeing so many CAWs with 2 ddts. LOL

If you ever need, and in case ya didn't know, this guys movelists ROCK:
[url="http://z12.invisionfree.com/BigMikes_Board/index.php?&act=idx"]http://z12.invisionfree.com/BigMikes_Board...hp?&act=idx[/url]

[quote name='freakzilla' post='2343191' date='Jul 22 2007, 05:38 PM']Very good job.Glad to see some old school wrestlers that no one has made before.I may be inspired to try making a save myself.I may attept to make a late 70s Mid-Atlantic save.[/quote]

Glad you're enjoying the save! Yeah, go for it, just make sure you throw in the Briscos if you dont mind.

• 4 years later...

Archived