Editing Music/Entrance themes

Latino Heat

I have also taken into consideration, of creating a patch to download, which will overwrite the older audio files with updated audio files requested by users, however as we all know, sharing music around on IGN violates the TOS.

I Used TDK DVD+R disks without a mod-chip or Swap disks
Im using a Playstation 2 Version 7 without Mod Chip, if you need help identifying you PS2 Console, check the serial on the back of your ps2, it should begin with scph-**** , If you need help, post the serial number in this thread and I’ll have it identified form you by myself, im currently using the original copy of Smackdown vs Raw as a boot disk.

Tools You Will Need For This Procedure:

* Computer, obviously
* DVD Burner ( I use a HP DVD + Writer )
* DVD Blank disks either ( + or - ) disks do the job equally as good
* A Copy of WWE Smackdown vs RAW
* A Playstation 2 Obviously
* Some type of mod chip or no mod swap method, If you don’t know how to do it you can find methods on the internet.
* Approximately 5 – 10 gigs of free hard drive space.
* Software – AFS Explorer.
* Software – Wave Splitter
* Software – Adxencd
* Software – Konvertore
* Software – Nero Burning Rom

2. AFS Explorer Exporting
a. Load the entire contents of the Smackdown SvR dvd into a file on your computer hard drive. Put it in a folder you’ll remember. We’ll say “c:\hctp” for now
b. Open AFS Explorer, click on file and select “import afs file” go to c:\hctp\bgm pick any .AFS file and double click it to load. A list will pop up with a bunch of files ending in .ADX. These are the songs on the SvR dvd. You can right click and select play from the menu to listen to any of the .ADX files. Find all the songs you want to replace. And write the file name, example: bgm180.adx along with the song it is called when playing the game, example: original 21 so there-fore you will have written, “bgm180.adx = original 21”. (You must do this to keep them organized, it can get confusing when you are dealing with 30 songs and trying to find them again). After writing down all the songs, go over your list and go back to the .AFS file that contains the .ADX file you wanna replace. Right click that .ADX file and select export. It will ask where you want to export the file to. I suggest “C:\”. Finish exporting all the .ADX files your going replace.

3. Konvertor
a. Now what you need to do is convert your .ADX files to .WAV format.
b. Open konvertor and click the audio tab above the file tree. Make sure it says, “All known Image formats” above the tabs.
c. Use the file tree to locate your .ADX files. They should be just under C:\ if you followed my suggestion.
d. Under Export choose the path where you want your new .WAV files to be created. Once again I highly suggest “C:\” now use the drop down menu to change the export file type from 8SVX to WAV
e. Double click all your .ADX files so that they appear in the lower left hand window in Konvertor.
f. Now click the big “K” icon to convert your files
4. Song length
Play each of your new .Wav files and write down the length of the song next to the each of the songs you replaced on your list.

5. Wave Splitter
a. Now that you have the song lengths of the .ADX files you want to replace you can erase all the .ADX and .WAV files you just created from your C:\ drive.
b. Now you must plan which .WAV files you want to place in your game and which of the .ADX files you be assigning it too.
c. Put all .WAV files you want to use in your C:\ drive
d. Open Wave Splitter and go to “Wav file to split”. Point to the .WAV file you need to trim. You must trim the new .WAV to the same time length as the .ADX your going to replace.
e. Point to “Save split file as” I suggest “C:\” you must also name your new file so may as well call it the same as the .ADX file your replacing, example: bgm160.wav it must end in .wav at this point.
f. Go down to Sample Selection, leave “start at” at 0 if you want the new to start from the beginning.
g. If the file your replacing is 30 seconds long then go to “End at” and type 30000 if it is 1 minute then you would type 60000 and so on and so forth.
h. Click the Go button and watch as your file is now trimmer to the specified time length.
i. Repeat steps d – h for all the songs you want to replace. Remembering to change each song to the length it needs to be.
j. Go to C:\ and check your new .WAV files and see if they are the correct name and length.

6. Nero to change .Wav quality
a. You now must change the quality of your new .WAV files to frequency 48000 and 16 bits and Stereo.
b. I did this using Nero burning ROM. There was a setting you could change in Konvertor but the output files never seemed to change even when you told them too.
c. Go to extras in Nero and select “Encode files” click the add button in the new window that pops up. Select all the trimmed .WAV files you just created then click the settings button.
d. Change the setting to 48000 16 stereo.
e. Make sure “output file format says PCM .WAV file
f. Make sure “Target file” is set to C:\
g. Click the “GO” button and watch as all your .WAV files are changed to a better quality.

7. Adxencd
a. Make sure your adxencd.exe file is at your C:\ drive with all your .WAV files (or in the same folder as your .WAV files if you didn’t follow my suggestions to put them all in C:\)
b. Go to your DOS prompt by selecting run from your start button and typing command. This is why I suggested you keep all your files at C:\ now you don’t have to type a long dir path to get to your adxencd.exe and .WAV files.
c. Make sure your at the root of C:\ if not type “cd ..” over and over until you are at the root of C:\ (If you didn’t follow my suggestions go to the folder that contains your adxencd.exe and .WAV files).
d. Type “adxencd filename.wav” and press your ENTER key. Filename stands for the name of the .WAV file your converting ie.. bgm160.wav.
e. repeat step d for all your .WAV files.
f. You will now notice that in your C:\ folder there are a bunch of files with .adx after them. Smile your almost there.

8. AFS Explorer Importing
a. Keep the .WAV files on your C:\ drive incase they are too big even after spitting them. Sometimes the file size is still to big.
b. Open AFS Explorer and import the .AFS file from the C:\hctp folder that contains the .ADX files you want to replace.
c. One by One go to the .ADX files your replacing and right click them. Select Import from the menu and a window pops up asking what you where you want to import from. Point to “C:\”where all your new created .ADX files are located select the .ADX file you want to import to overwrite the original .ADX file. (This will be easy if you named the .WAV files along time ago after the .ADX file they would eventually replace). You may be warned that the new file is too small and will be padded or something just say it is ok. If you get an error saying the file is too big then you will have to go back to the .WAV file on your C:\ and use Wave Splitter to take 1 second off the file. Then reconvert it to .ADX
d. Repeat step C. for all the .ADX files your replacing.
e. You can now test by right clicking the .ADX files you replaced and selecting play from the menu. If done correctly the song you made will play.
f. when you imported the .AFS file automatically saves it’s self with the new .ADX files you imported.

7. It’s Time To Burn , Nero Burning Rom

Ensure you have suitable media in your DVD-R or +R writer and load up Nero Burning Rom. Go to: 'Recorder>Burn Image', now open your ISO image. Ensure its set to Data Mode 1, tick Write and Finalize DVD, write speed = 1x (1,385 KB/s). Under Info tab size of image should be 4,159 MB.

Ok now click on Burn and wait 30 minutes for it to complete.

:D

Guest RBD_REBELD
[quote name='YuCK_Say' post='7757' date='Feb 17 2006, 04:22 AM'][quote name='PERUANO' post='7398' date='Feb 17 2006, 12:25 AM']
You can put Titantrons too and callnames ^^[/quote]

:D Yes, i have dekazeta studio
for callnames soundforge o cooledit xDDD
is very easy
[/quote]

DKZ Studio? is the for Pro evolution soccer?
is the same?

gime themes in adx please

[quote name='.:CAW is RAW:.' post='13513' date='Feb 20 2006, 03:47 AM'][quote name='fearthespear' post='10754' date='Feb 18 2006, 12:42 PM']
aint this illegal?[/quote]

Not if you use it for your own personal use.
[/quote]

If it was a simple backup then I would agree, but you are forgeting you are actually modifying the game's copyrighted content which could be deemed illegal under any circumstances.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
[quote name='Latino Heat' post='4961' date='Feb 16 2006, 04:22 AM']I have also taken into consideration, of creating a patch to download, which will overwrite the older audio files with updated audio files requested by users, however as we all know, sharing music around on IGN violates the TOS.

I Used TDK DVD+R disks without a mod-chip or Swap disks
Im using a Playstation 2 Version 7 without Mod Chip, if you need help identifying you PS2 Console, check the serial on the back of your ps2, it should begin with scph-**** , If you need help, post the serial number in this thread and I'll have it identified form you by myself, im currently using the original copy of Smackdown vs Raw as a boot disk.

Tools You Will Need For This Procedure:

* Computer, obviously
* DVD Burner ( I use a HP DVD + Writer )
* DVD Blank disks either ( + or - ) disks do the job equally as good
* A Copy of WWE Smackdown vs RAW
* A Playstation 2 Obviously
* Some type of mod chip or no mod swap method, If you don't know how to do it you can find methods on the internet.
* Approximately 5 – 10 gigs of free hard drive space.
* Software – AFS Explorer.
* Software – Wave Splitter
* Software – Adxencd
* Software – Konvertore
* Software – Nero Burning Rom

2. AFS Explorer Exporting
a. Load the entire contents of the Smackdown SvR dvd into a file on your computer hard drive. Put it in a folder you'll remember. We'll say "c:\hctp" for now
b. Open AFS Explorer, click on file and select "import afs file" go to c:\hctp\bgm pick any .AFS file and double click it to load. A list will pop up with a bunch of files ending in .ADX. These are the songs on the SvR dvd. You can right click and select play from the menu to listen to any of the .ADX files. Find all the songs you want to replace. And write the file name, example: bgm180.adx along with the song it is called when playing the game, example: original 21 so there-fore you will have written, "bgm180.adx = original 21". (You must do this to keep them organized, it can get confusing when you are dealing with 30 songs and trying to find them again). After writing down all the songs, go over your list and go back to the .AFS file that contains the .ADX file you wanna replace. Right click that .ADX file and select export. It will ask where you want to export the file to. I suggest "C:\". Finish exporting all the .ADX files your going replace.

3. Konvertor
a. Now what you need to do is convert your .ADX files to .WAV format.
b. Open konvertor and click the audio tab above the file tree. Make sure it says, "All known Image formats" above the tabs.
c. Use the file tree to locate your .ADX files. They should be just under C:\ if you followed my suggestion.
d. Under Export choose the path where you want your new .WAV files to be created. Once again I highly suggest "C:\" now use the drop down menu to change the export file type from 8SVX to WAV
e. Double click all your .ADX files so that they appear in the lower left hand window in Konvertor.
f. Now click the big "K" icon to convert your files
4. Song length
Play each of your new .Wav files and write down the length of the song next to the each of the songs you replaced on your list.

5. Wave Splitter
a. Now that you have the song lengths of the .ADX files you want to replace you can erase all the .ADX and .WAV files you just created from your C:\ drive.
b. Now you must plan which .WAV files you want to place in your game and which of the .ADX files you be assigning it too.
c. Put all .WAV files you want to use in your C:\ drive
d. Open Wave Splitter and go to "Wav file to split". Point to the .WAV file you need to trim. You must trim the new .WAV to the same time length as the .ADX your going to replace.
e. Point to "Save split file as" I suggest "C:\" you must also name your new file so may as well call it the same as the .ADX file your replacing, example: bgm160.wav it must end in .wav at this point.
f. Go down to Sample Selection, leave "start at" at 0 if you want the new to start from the beginning.
g. If the file your replacing is 30 seconds long then go to "End at" and type 30000 if it is 1 minute then you would type 60000 and so on and so forth.
h. Click the Go button and watch as your file is now trimmer to the specified time length.
i. Repeat steps d – h for all the songs you want to replace. Remembering to change each song to the length it needs to be.
j. Go to C:\ and check your new .WAV files and see if they are the correct name and length.

6. Nero to change .Wav quality
a. You now must change the quality of your new .WAV files to frequency 48000 and 16 bits and Stereo.
b. I did this using Nero burning ROM. There was a setting you could change in Konvertor but the output files never seemed to change even when you told them too.
c. Go to extras in Nero and select "Encode files" click the add button in the new window that pops up. Select all the trimmed .WAV files you just created then click the settings button.
d. Change the setting to 48000 16 stereo.
e. Make sure "output file format says PCM .WAV file
f. Make sure "Target file" is set to C:\
g. Click the "GO" button and watch as all your .WAV files are changed to a better quality.

7. Adxencd
a. Make sure your adxencd.exe file is at your C:\ drive with all your .WAV files (or in the same folder as your .WAV files if you didn't follow my suggestions to put them all in C:\)
b. Go to your DOS prompt by selecting run from your start button and typing command. This is why I suggested you keep all your files at C:\ now you don't have to type a long dir path to get to your adxencd.exe and .WAV files.
c. Make sure your at the root of C:\ if not type "cd .." over and over until you are at the root of C:\ (If you didn't follow my suggestions go to the folder that contains your adxencd.exe and .WAV files).
d. Type "adxencd filename.wav" and press your ENTER key. Filename stands for the name of the .WAV file your converting ie.. bgm160.wav.
e. repeat step d for all your .WAV files.
f. You will now notice that in your C:\ folder there are a bunch of files with .adx after them. Smile your almost there.

8. AFS Explorer Importing
a. Keep the .WAV files on your C:\ drive incase they are too big even after spitting them. Sometimes the file size is still to big.
b. Open AFS Explorer and import the .AFS file from the C:\hctp folder that contains the .ADX files you want to replace.
c. One by One go to the .ADX files your replacing and right click them. Select Import from the menu and a window pops up asking what you where you want to import from. Point to "C:\"where all your new created .ADX files are located select the .ADX file you want to import to overwrite the original .ADX file. (This will be easy if you named the .WAV files along time ago after the .ADX file they would eventually replace). You may be warned that the new file is too small and will be padded or something just say it is ok. If you get an error saying the file is too big then you will have to go back to the .WAV file on your C:\ and use Wave Splitter to take 1 second off the file. Then reconvert it to .ADX
d. Repeat step C. for all the .ADX files your replacing.
e. You can now test by right clicking the .ADX files you replaced and selecting play from the menu. If done correctly the song you made will play.
f. when you imported the .AFS file automatically saves it's self with the new .ADX files you imported.

7. It's Time To Burn , Nero Burning Rom

Ensure you have suitable media in your DVD-R or +R writer and load up Nero Burning Rom. Go to: 'Recorder>Burn Image', now open your ISO image. Ensure its set to Data Mode 1, tick Write and Finalize DVD, write speed = 1x (1,385 KB/s). Under Info tab size of image should be 4,159 MB.

Ok now click on Burn and wait 30 minutes for it to complete.

:D[/quote]

Im confused at the adxencd bit. It wont work for me! The DOS bit wont do anythign and it wasnt explained clearly enough there. Can you help?

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived