The Metal Thread

AssaultDriver720

Since the other Metal Thread die because whoever made it didn't know his Metal. Talk about bands such as Slayer,Hammerfall,Anthrax,Iron Maiden, Death,Testament,Autopsy,Dragonforce,Metallica,Vader,Nuclear Assault,The Crown,Children of Bodom,Firewind,Kreator, Marduk and other Metal bands.

Metalcore (The Good Bands) is welcome too.

No Non Metal/Nu-Metal/Emocore bands (A7X,SOAD,Linkin Park,Slipknot,Disturbed,Korn,Papa Roach, etc)

No Rob Zombie (His solo stuff is not Metal)

OmgZZZ lyke LiNKIN PRKA IZ SEW METUHGLL!11

But seriously, good to see a metal thread being made.

I finally bought Opeth's "Ghost Reveries" the other day. It's pretty good rom what I've heard of it so far. I'm listening to it again right now....

[quote name='{ }==HellHammer=={ }' post='885363' date='Nov 13 2006, 07:23 PM']Well for a small tibit, I recommend try listening too Dark Angel-Darkness Descends to anyone who's a fan of Reign in Blood era Slayer. It's a pretty good album.[/quote]

I always see that cd at local store i should check it out but by the time i actually pick it up it will be gone.

[quote name='sXe_LunchBoX' post='891840' date='Nov 15 2006, 05:46 PM']Dragonforce is gonna bring hair metal back.[/quote]

Too bad they're not hair metal.

Woah, really cool to see a metal thread, even though it hasn't been active in a few days. Hopefully this revives it a bit.

[quote name='Evil_MJ_Hasselhoff' post='891864' date='Nov 16 2006, 09:19 AM']does Dimmu Borgir count as metal? They own..[/quote]

They sure do, they're symphonic black metal...I don't really like them but they're still metal (well, what I have heard is metal)

[quote]btw, does anyone have the latest Iron Maiden album? Is it any good?[/quote]

Yep, I bought it when it came out. I'm a pretty big Maiden fan so I have to like it :P. One of the best releases of the year IMO, right up with Strapping Young Lad's "The New Black," Agalloch's "Ashes Against The Grain" and Tyr's "Ragnarok".

"The New Black" was pretty good. Much better than "Alien". I still need to buy it, though. I also need to get some Agalloch pretty soon. Great band.

[quote name='Nick Nitrous' post='913218' date='Nov 20 2006, 06:44 PM']i'm seeing Dragonforce at the end of the month, All That Remains are supporting
should be :censored: awesome[/quote]
I feel sorry for you.. I hope you didnt pay too much for those tickets.
I went to see DragonForce in London a few months ago, payed £17 for the tickets.. they improvised everything, and it was all a drunken piece of *EDIT* turd.

Herman Li should stick to the studio.

Best was by far Dave Mackintosh, the fast as hell drummer who has some skills.

BUT YEAH, ENOUGH RAVING

My favorite metal band have to be Pantera *sigh*, Dimebag Darrell was.. no, is the king of metal guitar.

[quote]QUOTE(Nick Nitrous @ Nov 20 2006, 06:44 PM) *

i'm seeing Dragonforce at the end of the month, All That Remains are supporting
should be censored.gif awesome

I feel sorry for you.. I hope you didnt pay too much for those tickets.
I went to see DragonForce in London a few months ago, payed £17 for the tickets.. they improvised everything, and it was all a drunken piece of *EDIT* turd.

Herman Li should stick to the studio.

Best was by far Dave Mackintosh, the fast as hell drummer who has some skills.

BUT YEAH, ENOUGH RAVING

My favorite metal band have to be Pantera *sigh*, Dimebag Darrell was.. no, is the king of metal guitar.

This post has been edited by Edgecated Luke: Today, 03:56 PM[/quote]

Edgecated Luke sucks for you that they were drunk, i heard they are good live in the states.

[quote name='Koonze' post='914756' date='Nov 20 2006, 05:33 PM']They really got me into the whole metal scene along with Papa Roach, Linkin Park etc.[/quote]

LOL. If those are the bands that got you into metal, I'd hate to see what bands you listen to now

[quote name='Derk!' post='915752' date='Nov 21 2006, 12:08 PM'][quote name='Koonze' post='914756' date='Nov 20 2006, 05:33 PM']
They really got me into the whole metal scene along with Papa Roach, Linkin Park etc.[/quote]

LOL. If those are the bands that got you into metal, I'd hate to see what bands you listen to now
[/quote]

[url="http://www.last.fm/user/Koonze/"]http://www.last.fm/user/Koonze/[/url]

There you go, I've had that last.fm account for almost a year now so that pretty much reflects my music taste.

[quote name='Koonze' post='915887' date='Nov 20 2006, 09:13 PM'][quote name='Derk!' post='915752' date='Nov 21 2006, 12:08 PM']
[quote name='Koonze' post='914756' date='Nov 20 2006, 05:33 PM']
They really got me into the whole metal scene along with Papa Roach, Linkin Park etc.[/quote]

[/quote]

[url="http://www.last.fm/user/Koonze/"]http://www.last.fm/user/Koonze/[/url]

There you go, I've had that last.fm account for almost a year now so that pretty much reflects my music taste.
[/quote]

Wow, good list. My apologies for doubting you.

WHoa, I just looked back in the thread and I didn't see that you were the person who posted about Agolloch earlier.

My apologies once again.

Archived