CM Punk Returns for WWE Backstage Show on FOX

Jeb ★

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as a fan of Punk, I cant see him having matches to match people expectations. I'm sure he can still go, but not with the likes of Gargano or other high gear wrestlers. He is 41, and hasn't been wrestling actively for 5 years, even after a while with active training to shake of the ring rust... I doubt he can go high octane. And he is no AJ Styles or Daniel Bryan.

But with somebody like Kevin Owens, AJ Styles... Those could be good.

Tbh, I would have no problem with just a couple of matches in the future and having him as an announcer or something.

So Alvarez brought up that he won't even be on every week, he will just be a special contributor. And as others have brought up, he is working exclusively with FOX, not WWE. Good deal for him.

Also mentioned he did have legit negotiations with Tony Khan about joining AEW, not just text offers from the Elite like he claimed lol

If he ever returned to one of the main shows, it would still be a massive pop.

Not saying the pop wouldn't be massive, saying the pop wouldn't be of the same magnitude of if he came back, out of the blue, on RAW/SD/NXT, but for its absolute peak: RAW.

It could've been the greatest pop for a return of all time even because you couldn't dream of it being reality. Now you can. And that means people can anticipate. And when people can anticipate, the reaction will naturally be just that little bit less pure. Ergo, a lesser pop.

Not saying the pop wouldn't be massive, saying the pop wouldn't be of the same magnitude of if he came back, out of the blue, on RAW/SD/NXT, but for its absolute peak: RAW.

It could've been the greatest pop for a return of all time even because you couldn't dream of it being reality. Now you can. And that means people can anticipate. And when people can anticipate, the reaction will naturally be just that little bit less pure. Ergo, a lesser pop.

yeah i agree, and you know whenever it does happen WWE will advertise it beforehand because ratings > moments.

yeah i agree, and you know whenever it does happen WWE will advertise it beforehand because ratings > moments.

I can totally see them advertise it :lol:

Only that is if they want to downplay it. But I doubt they would do that.

But then again it's actually the other way around. They care more for some "moments" then putting a consistent product. And I legit cringe every time I hear "What a moment" by Cole.

Like I said in my other posts, this seems far better than a shock return. Expectations are much lower, and if it happens and it works, it will be great, if it doesn't... it wouldn't be such a miss.

Remember the shocking returns that fell flat in the end.

CM Punk will get a huge pop whenever he returns, especially if it's a crowd as something like a Chicago crowd. Talking about peaking and more or less pure pops is really nitpicking.

If he goes back to the WWE ring, I'm sure they would play on the fact that he is still contracted to FOX or something like that, and keep his contract a secret until it happens. I can't just seem him normally return as say "well hello, lol" and go into a random feud. After everything that happened publicly for so long. And I'm pretty sure a lot of people would call him a sellout and whatnot.

I can totally see them advertise it :lol:

Only that is if they want to downplay it. But I doubt they would do that.

But then again it's actually the other way around. They care more for some "moments" then putting a consistent product. And I legit cringe every time I hear "What a moment" by Cole.

Like I said in my other posts, this seems far better than a shock return. Expectations are much lower, and if it happens and it works, it will be great, if it doesn't... it wouldn't be such a miss.

Remember the shocking returns that fell flat in the end.

CM Punk will get a huge pop whenever he returns, especially if it's a crowd as something like a Chicago crowd. Talking about peaking and more or less pure pops is really nitpicking.

If he goes back to the WWE ring, I'm sure they would play on the fact that he is still contracted to FOX or something like that, and keep his contract a secret until it happens. I can't just seem him normally return as say "well hello, lol" and go into a random feud. After everything that happened publicly for so long. And I'm pretty sure a lot of people would call him a sellout and whatnot.

Do you know what nitpicking is?

Because I literally said it wasn't a big deal to me. I've been very clear in what I said.

Do you know what nitpicking is?

Because I literally said it wasn't a big deal to me. I've been very clear in what I said.

Yes I do know what nitpicking is. But, my bad, I did't see that earlier post.

Still, I didn't mean nothing offensive, but could have worded it better. Apologies.

On top of me having hope for an eventual return (or at least a match or two), I wonder if this also increases the chances of him appearing the games again?

Significantly. I reckon you're looking at the DLC bonus for 2K21. Hell if they just add his animations again, I'd be happy.

Archived