CM Punk Returns for WWE Backstage Show on FOX

Jeb ★

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there was too much smoke about this to not happen imo.

and had much more media appereances recently.

And I don't fully believe the "oh it's FOX not with WWE so nothing is happening". He will have a feud down the line probably.

WWE backstage kinda sucks though and that entrance looked empty asf :lol:

Doesnt matter if its through Fox, he is still on a show talking about WWE TV and will be talking with current WWE superstars. The guy hasnt done anything with wrestling or talk about it for about 5 years. Plus its a foot in the door. I could def see this being a route to get him to return in ring.

even though it feel pretty underwhelming, tbh, I'm pretty good with it.

IF he returned in a big way on a WWE program, the hype and expectations would be huge that would be hard to maintain that, and the dangers of it potentially fall flat soon would be big too.

This way, he comes back on the back door, keeping his options open. If a in ring return happens, it happens, if it doesn't, well, there were no expectations for it. I would be totally fine if he chooses to do only this also.

Punk is really playing this cool and smart really.

Doesnt matter if its through Fox, he is still on a show talking about WWE TV and will be talking with current WWE superstars. The guy hasnt done anything with wrestling or talk about it for about 5 years. Plus its a foot in the door. I could def see this being a route to get him to return in ring.

He did that Starrcast interview a few months ago.

Man, Im just so hyped, even if its not in a wrestling capacity

Same. I desperately want to see an in-ring return for him, but just the fact that hes associated with WWE again (even in this small capacity) is awesome.

Kinda sad the ship sailed on a GTS match with KENTA. Won't lie, if he starts appearing on the actual competing shows, I might start watching again. It's a long shot, but maybe

Archived