2k releasing a patch today according to their twitter

TheAbyss24

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not got home to try yet but can you use lettering in caw without game crashing and also has the logo colour stopped resetting

Yes, and no.

Can you try to see if sweat is the same as before? For me it's barely there after the patch

You're right. Its still there but no where near to the extent we had it before the patch.

I hope it's just a bug that will be addressed, and not them deciding to tone it down

Not got home to try yet but can you use lettering in caw without game crashing and also has the logo colour stopped resetting

Yes, and no.

Can you try to see if sweat is the same as before? For me it's barely there after the patch

You're right. Its still there but no where near to the extent we had it before the patch.

I hope it's just a bug that will be addressed, and not them deciding to tone it down

I can't for the life of me see why they'd tone it down, its one of the most lauded parts of this game at the moment.

Yes, and no.

I can't for the life of me see why they'd tone it down, its one of the most lauded parts of this game at the moment.

What's making me feel they toned it down is that it/'s not completely gone, it's there but it's just barely there

I remember there was a game when a patch bugged the sweat and totally turned it off and then was fixed

Another thing the little bit of sweat that does appear on you completely disappears in your victory animation, you appear dry and as if you didn't just go through a match.

Ok they seriously have to fix the sweat next patch, that really bugs me, we had sweat absolutely perfect and they screwed it up.

Let me break it down guys.

Building a beautiful home on top of shitty foundation is a recipe for disaster. However, in order to rebuild that foundation, some of the house has to come crashing down. Unfortunately, 2K is contractually bound to have people living in that house while they're trying to fix the foundation, which means that house is crashing down around people and 2K is desperately trying to keep it together.

The point of my metaphor is to achieve what is needed, they needed more than 1 year of dev time. They needed at least a year and a half, ideally 2. But, because 2Ks higher ups and WWE I'd the epitome of greed, they dont get that full 2 years. They get one.

It sucks, it blows, and I vehemently agree the game should not have been released in this state, but VC were quite figuratively stick between a rock and a hard place.

Building a beautiful home on top of shitty foundation is a recipe for disaster. However, in order to rebuild that foundation, some of the house has to come crashing down. Unfortunately, 2K is contractually bound to have people living in that house while they're trying to fix the foundation, which means that house is crashing down around people and 2K is desperately trying to keep it together.

The point of my metaphor is to achieve what is needed, they needed more than 1 year of dev time. They needed at least a year and a half, ideally 2. But, because 2Ks higher ups and WWE I'd the epitome of greed, they dont get that full 2 years. They get one.

It sucks, it blows, and I vehemently agree the game should not have been released in this state, but VC were quite figuratively stick between a rock and a hard place.

VC deserves zero sympathy when they decided to put a bigger focus on DLC the same year as this disaster

VC deserves zero sympathy when they decided to put a bigger focus on DLC the same year as this disaster

Assuming they're the ones that made that call.

Assuming they're the ones that made that call.

Since we have comments from Lynell saying that these Originals were their ideas, yeah, we can safely assume that.

Ya know the worst thing about all of this? the gameplay, at least for me has been great, matches flow smoothly, and the movesets are great. This could be a great game, its just all the other modes outside of the gameplay are so buggy, caw mode is a mess, Universe Mode has issues. If they could just fix caw mode this game could be pretty good, its caw mode thats the most frustrating thing.

Their next patch needs to solely focus on getting caw mode straightened out.

Their next patch needs to solely focus on getting caw mode straightened out.

Eh, i'd focus on making sure the base game is 100%. With some of the glitches i've seen, that needs to be priority. Fix the foundation. Caws can wait. You guys may not like it, because I understand many of us play caws a lot, but that is completely secondary to me. Does the game work as intended?

Make sure the matches function properly, intros are setup properly, make sure the modes work. Then start dealing with caw and arena issues.

Just quoting from an article:

Frustratingly, the grain on titan trons and entrance videos remains in place: Bliss comes to the ring in front of a background which is supposed to be black-and-blue but features numerous grey spots, whereas it was crystal clear in WWE 2K19

It's a wrestling game, presentation of trons needs to be fixed ASAP.

As for the claim of clipping issues being fixed, I’ve noticed zero improvement. I have Mark Andrews set as cruiserweight champion and Keith Lee as North American champion, and both belts clip through their entrance attires to a degree that would be comical, were this not a £50/$60 game.

Again titles are critically important to a wrestling game, major clipping needs to be fixed. I don't even want to have a caw win a title if I have to work around the title to make an entrance.

If anyone wants to know what supposedly has been fixed check this out:

https://www.gamesradar.com/wwe-2k20-patch-notes-update/

Honestly based on what i'm seeing, they are doing okay, hopefully they keep up this timeline and push updates in good time. I haven't seen anything about the patch breaking much besides the sweat and honestly if I had to guess i'm thinking this was a deliberate change.

^ Most of the stuff you mentioned is all part of CAW mode and this might surprise you, but the CAW modes are part of the base game. The entire games bases itself on the Creation suite. Wether that's customizing in-game stuff or original work. These are 100% core mechanics, that need to be a priority. Nobody plays these games for longer than until-all-DLC months, without customization being functional.

^ Most of the stuff you mentioned is all part of CAW mode and this might surprise you, but the CAW modes are part of the base game. The entire games bases itself on the Creation suite. Wether that's customizing in-game stuff or original work. These are 100% core mechanics, that need to be a priority. Nobody plays these games for longer than until-all-DLC months, without customization being functional.

Exactly, caw mode is just as important as anything else, it keeps people playing throughout the year, and besides that its in the most dire need right now, yeah theres issues in other areas but caw mode is in the worst shape, its damn near unusable.

And i'd really like to know whats in worse shape than caw mode, cause the main glitches i've seen has been from caw mode, matches play fine for me.

So, gameplay does feel better after this patch. Less walking around with your back turned. Less missed attacks. Better targeting. I guess that's at least one positive I can find...

Fingers crossed that the caw and arena fixes will come at the same time that they allegedly patch championship edits in.

Archived