Official NXT TakeOver: WarGames 2019 Discussion Thread

Jmerc

3ScGYti.png

Date: 23 November 2019, 7 PMET/4 PMPT

Venue: Allstate Arena

#NXTLoud Theme(s): Denzel Curry - "RICKY"

Grudge Match

WarGames Match

The Undisputed ERA vs. Team Ciampa (Tommaso Ciampa ©, Keith Lee, Dominik Dijakovic, & TBA)

p89DKEk.jpg

Grudge Match

First Ever Women's WarGames Match

Team Baszler (Shayna Baszler ©, Bianca Belair, Io Shirai, & Kay Lee Ray vs. Team Ripley (Rhea Ripley ©, Tegan Nox, Candice LeRae, & Mia Yim)

NTXag4D.jpg

NXT Championship #1 Contender's Match

Triple Threat Match (Winner Challenges Adam Cole at Survivor Series)

Pete Dunne vs. Damian Priest vs. Killian Dain

3jv1x3D.jpg

Grudge Match

Singles Match

Finn Bálor vs. Matt Riddle

CS90MCn.jpg

Pre-Show Match

Singles Match

Isaiah "Swerve" Scott vs. Angel Garza

URSOEb7.jpg

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why wouldn't they have any business being on the team? Granted, they haven't been in a lot of matches at all lately, but they've played a big enough factor in Shayna's reign and her just bullying the rest of the locker room for them to be involved. I doubt Marina and Jessamyn were brought in just to sit on the sidelines and be known as Shayna's lackeys.

Why wouldn't they have any business being on the team? Granted, they haven't been in a lot of matches at all lately, but they've played a big enough factor in Shayna's reign and her just bullying the rest of the locker room for them to be involved. I doubt Marina and Jessamyn were brought in just to sit on the sidelines and be known as Shayna's lackeys.

Right, but they're not very good. And in a match as big as War Games, I'd rather she load her team with the cream of the crop. What I'm expecting after last week is Shayna to pick Bianca, Io and one of the horse girls, potentially starting a minor rift between them, OR to have the other one there to attack to opposite team as they're released to be in the match.

Regardless of how shitty of wrestlers Duke and Shafir are, it would make little to no sense for Shayna to not have them by her side in the War Games match from a story perspective.

Besides, there's really not too many other names that I can see being added to this War Games match if it ends up being 5v5.

Shayna Bazler

Rhea Ripley

Io Shirai

Bianca Belair

Candice LeRae

Tegan Nox

Dakota Kai

Aside from Jessamyn Duke and Marina Shafir, the only other person in the division that would make sense to have in this match would be Mia Yim if you wanna base it on recent history and issues w/ Shayna and the other horsewomen. With those 3, that makes it 10 people in total.

Why would Bálor gun for the title if he's on the main roster?

He's not. He moved to NXT.

And since when is he "gunning for the title"? He attacked Gargano...not Cole.

Tbf he did seem to stake a claim for the title in his return promo. Motivations probably shifted when Ciampa returned later in the night, with his mindset being "Let me take out DIY and use that to leverage a title shot". That's my read on the situation anyway.

Archived