The WWE 2k20 Post Embargo Youtube Thread

Rekka_No_Ryo

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the Kamigoye looks freaking great, been asking for that move for years. Not sure if that was put in for Murphy or they just put it in since we aint getting a moves pack this year, hoping its the latter, haven't seen all the new moves but i hope theres more new NJPW/indy moves in there

There are so many problems with this game, no wonder they didnt want to release any info on it

I urge the community to boycott it, I know for some its hard but the message it would send would be astronomical
You mean a reduced budget for next year's game, resulting in the problems getting worse?
The problems getting worse would mean that they may start to realize that when you put more money into something the rewards can be greater if you put out a higher quality product. They cared about 2k originals, the Horsewomen showcase and The Fiend this year. Thats all they cared about. They cut out other things because they didnt get that those legends and other things they cut out, those are what sell the game.

Maybe they need a hard dose of reality.

Or, it will begin a downward spiral which only ends with no game at all. Reduced budget means less staff to work on the games less money to pay out wrestlers to be in it, less licensed music, need I go on? The idea of a product bombing just to get a message across might seem like it'd work in a fantasy, but the reality would be much, much different.

There are so many problems with this game, no wonder they didnt want to release any info on it

I urge the community to boycott it, I know for some its hard but the message it would send would be astronomical
You mean a reduced budget for next year's game, resulting in the problems getting worse?
As opposed to what?! Chucking more money at them for them to waste. The game wasnt massively boycotted last year and look at the crap they have churned out this year!

They cut budgets, went cheap got rid of yukes, didnt renew or seek more legends contracts, rehashed old

Models badly, didnt pay for music rights for some, removed CAA and went into business for themselves with 2K originals and look at result all at the expense of your loyalty from last year. And the community want to feed that by giving them validation buy paying for this crap?! They are a fools if they do and deserve to have a turd of a game served to them

next year if that is their mindset.

Firstly holy rage Batman, secondly if the games look "cheap" now, a reduced budget will not help things at all. See my response above.

Wow Ciampa's entrance, they didn't even try with it did they? they seriously just copy and pasted his old entrance from 2K18 and it looks freaking awful with his new character, he's supposed to come out all slow and menacing not lightning fast all pumped up and ready to fight.

They can't even get the font on his trunks right.

The entrance is bad but at least his model is spot-on. He and Murphy were my most wanted guys last year and it seems like they definitely did them justice as far as models and moves go.

Buaha, no, not at all. He literally looks like a comic character.

Look at his f'n eyes in this whole entrance.

He's completely ruined, an absolute joke in comparison to the caw last year.

I guess I am the only one actually surprised by the visuals of the game. Some models look wonky, as always, and the renders are astrocious. But the graphics look much better than initial screenshots and trailers led me to believe.

Also...the Pete Dunne model is kinda blown out of proportion. Because for a while...he had quite the shitty look irl too.

Though they need to work on their noses in general. Not sure if that was because of the render pose, but the noses are the most-off things about every model I've seen.

I guess I am the only one actually surprised by the visuals of the game. Some models look wonky, as always, and the renders are astrocious. But the graphics look much better than initial screenshots and trailers led me to believe.

Also...the Pete Dunne model is kinda blown out of proportion. Because for a while...he had quite the shitty look irl too.

Though they need to work on their noses in general. Not sure if that was because of the render pose, but the noses are the most-off things about every model I've seen.

The biggest problem for me is the newly added motion blur that somehow *censored*s up everything shiny looking in entrances. Everything looks like it's full of graphical glitches now, specially championships and LED boards.

The problems getting worse would mean that they may start to realize that when you put more money into something the rewards can be greater if you put out a higher quality product. They cared about 2k originals, the Horsewomen showcase and The Fiend this year. Thats all they cared about. They cut out other things because they didnt get that those legends and other things they cut out, those are what sell the game.

Or, it will begin a downward spiral which only ends with no game at all. Reduced budget means less staff to work on the games less money to pay out wrestlers to be in it, less licensed music, need I go on? The idea of a product bombing just to get a message across might seem like it'd work in a fantasy, but the reality would be much, much different.

As opposed to what?! Chucking more money at them for them to waste. The game wasnt massively boycotted last year and look at the crap they have churned out this year!

They cut budgets, went cheap got rid of yukes, didnt renew or seek more legends contracts, rehashed old

Models badly, didnt pay for music rights for some, removed CAA and went into business for themselves with 2K originals and look at result all at the expense of your loyalty from last year. And the community want to feed that by giving them validation buy paying for this crap?! They are a fools if they do and deserve to have a turd of a game served to them

Firstly holy rage Batman, secondly if the games look "cheap" now, a reduced budget will not help things at all. See my response above.

This is just a ridiculous way of thinking. This isn't some indie title that barely secured a publisher and needs support to stay afloat. This is a multi-millions selling, 20 year franchise. They aren't going to stop making the game or cut the budget from one bad year. Obviously they know that losing Yukes has hurt development and might even be preparing for poor reviews and sales to match. What do huge franchises do when sales slump from poor feedback? They pivot and make changes to respond to criticism.

At the end of the day, whether this game is worth $60-80 is a personal decision for everyone here but if you feel this game isn't worth $60 and are still buying it just because you're afraid they're going to stop making it, the wool has been pulled over your eyes.

Wrong mindset to have they either put out a product worth the hard earned money of folk and earn the funds to get a budget increase or drop the licence they are not a new company to WWE games theyve been around since 2K14 its not their first rodeo and if they had to rewrite the code they should have been doing that in background and kept Yukes this year whilst they put 2-3 years in the background into their first solo release

The biggest problem for me is the newly added motion blur that somehow *censored*s up everything shiny looking in entrances. Everything looks like it's full of graphical glitches now, specially championships and LED boards.

Oh yeah. That was definitely noticeable with LED boards. Especially in the WM 2029 arena.

I'm mostly talking about the models in the ring, including the sweat

Oh yeah. That was definitely noticeable with LED boards. Especially in the WM 2029 arena.

I'm mostly talking about the models in the ring, including the sweat

Surprisingly, the models in the ring do look great and less comical than in the entrances because of the arena lighting + sweat I guess. I completely agree.

Less licensed music? They are more concerned about the soundtrack for the game than have little details like...oh lets have Hulk Hogan or Macho Man Randy Savage actually have their true themes in the game. :rolleyes: I dont need a custom soundtrack for the game, just give me the wrestlers themes and have those be what plays on the menus. They had a budget, they just wasted it on shit they dont need. Think how much they could have actually put into this game in terms of details and alt attires and more legends if they didnt spend all their money and time on developing zombie wrestlers for the 2K originals and the 4 Horsewomen showcase or worry about what music they could buy the rights to for the menus. They spent their money on the wrong things.

The worst case scenario is that 2K would cut their ties with WWE. All that would make WWE do is go to the different game manufacturer. The sad thing is that 2K and WWE dont give a damn about quality anymore.

Archived