Official WWE Crown Jewel Discussion Thread

Jmerc

Match was boring asf really.

And that red lighting was dreadful, it was hard to see things on my laptop, and the crowd seemed to struggle to see what was going on also. Hell, when they had a replay during the match and the Crown Jewel logo came on, it was like when you turn on the lights while being in the dark for hours.

Hopefully they stop with gimmick matches for a while. If he is going to be champ, sure he can be "overpowered" and no sell stuff. I don't see why not. But stuff like this needs to go.

On another note, those reactions by Natalya and Lacey seem really genuine really. It was cool that they shook hands and everything and didn't work a classic heel vs face match. They seemed like proud that they were able to do that there.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At first, I thought it was something more dangerous. I mean, imagine it from her point of view? Could've been anything. This shit happens at music concerts. Like, couple weeks ago some dumbass threw a beer bottle towards Liam Gallagher when he was singing Cigarettes & Alcohol. That jackass missed, Liam took off his shades (showing to that clown) and uttered "YA BLIND BASTARD!"

Anyway...back on topic, just glad it was only a plastic water bottle. But shit like that needs to be addressed.

Isn't it though?

I don't get why people are so shocked and talking like she was in danger of being covered by hundreds of plastic bottles... If it were somewhere else, it would be brushed of much more quickly. People throw shit during sports games, concerts, wherever...

As for the Liam Gallagher story, well that's why you don't have glass bottles at venues. And that's pretty common practice. If I was Liam, I'd be giving shit to whoever runs the venue/organizes the concert.

nah bro you cant just pass this off as just a common thing that happens. context is important. this is the first ever womens match there. look at what they were wearing, they were already walking on eggshells just being out there. none of the dozens of guys before Nattie got anything thrown at them, its not a coincidence this happened during the riskiest part of the event.

nah bro you cant just pass this off as just a common thing that happens. context is important. this is the first ever womens match there. look at what they were wearing, they were already walking on eggshells just being out there. none of the dozens of guys before Nattie got anything thrown at them, its not a coincidence this happened during the riskiest part of the event.

I'm not dismissing the context completely, of course it was thrown during that specific time for a reason.

And yes, they were very stoic, didn't flaunt, didn't taunt.... nothing. And tbh it was one hell of an interesting match to analyze from various perspectives.

The thing is... Men who were actually in charge of the decision that it's appropriate to do that match basically also had to guarantee their safety, or rather, there wasn't any real "danger" in doing that because it came from those decision makers.

Even though it was only shots of tiny part of the crowd, since it's a huge ass arena, I didn't get the notion that it wasn't welcome. People, men and women, cheered, took pictures... Like, Saudi Arabia has some pretty *censored*ing downright barbaric laws, and some of them are against some basic and broader human rights... and yes some come from people in power and are rooted in fundamental religious beliefs... but I see a lot of people relating it's people to their regime. I don't know how to call it quite frankly...

Tbh, Idk if I'm going to get flak for this... but I don't have a problem with them wearing full body suits and everything, they respected the place where they came to. That match is the only positive thing I can take from them doing those shows... I'm not kidding myself that it's going to shift perspectives in Saudi Arabia in general... but still, it was something.

I know I'm sounding *censored*ing silly right now, and this is a layered discussion at what I'm getting... All I want to say that it's a country of 30 million people, and they are all being represented as some barbaric sand people.

I'm not dismissing the context completely, of course it was thrown during that specific time for a reason.

And yes, they were very stoic, didn't flaunt, didn't taunt.... nothing. And tbh it was one hell of an interesting match to analyze from various perspectives.

The thing is... Men who were actually in charge of the decision that it's appropriate to do that match basically also had to guarantee their safety, or rather, there wasn't any real "danger" in doing that because it came from those decision makers.

Even though it was only shots of tiny part of the crowd, since it's a huge ass arena, I didn't get the notion that it wasn't welcome. People, men and women, cheered, took pictures... Like, Saudi Arabia has some pretty *censored*ing downright barbaric laws, and some of them are against some basic and broader human rights... and yes some come from people in power and are rooted in fundamental religious beliefs... but I see a lot of people relating it's people to their regime. I don't know how to call it quite frankly...

Tbh, Idk if I'm going to get flak for this... but I don't have a problem with them wearing full body suits and everything, they respected the place where they came to. That match is the only positive thing I can take from them doing those shows... I'm not kidding myself that it's going to shift perspectives in Saudi Arabia in general... but still, it was something.

I know I'm sounding *censored*ing silly right now, and this is a layered discussion at what I'm getting... All I want to say that it's a country of 30 million people, and they are all being represented as some barbaric sand people.

Nobody said that everyone was like that but some of them on camera showed that they were against this match and the guy that throwed the bottle at her was one of them.

You can't tell that all of the 30 Million are for it and that only the goverment was against it.

There are always People in every Country that are pro or contra of things, it is "normal" and natural.

The laws down there are barbaric in my opinion and several of them also respectless towards women and minorities for sure.

Nattie handled the Situation professionaly but if you look exactly how she looks towards the bottle she definately noticed and I'm pretty sure she was scared and shaken up a little bit which showed.

Both women were almost the whole match girly and all smiles while walking like on eggshells.

It was nice to see how many were happy, excited and all smiles to be able to watch a womens match in their Country though. The this is awesome Chant was even towards of having the freedom to watch such a match then for the match itself.

The small "womens Wrestling" chant was cute too.

With all the negative about this show and the Saudi deal in general...I will say, I think this one was easily my favorite of the ones we've got thus far. I recall being generally entertained for the parts that I watched. And I still need to finish the last hour or so, but...yeah...it wasn't a complete trainwreck, and the matches made sense for the most part.

Archived