Santacaw: a redemption?

Wizard of thay

Stealing caws is messed up but it's a far cry from hit and runs, fruad, arson and murder.

That wasnt my point. I wasnt comparing them, I was saying that even though they're gonna keep happening, we dont need to just "accept it" and we dont need to accept thievery either.

Ok i just spoken with a member of the 2k support team about this and was told straight out that in a way the guy santacaw is right as we legally have no rights to them .Yes we may have made them but we dont own the rights to them near do 2k . So i dont see the point of all the moaning about he ripped of my caw because if that was the case every caw creater here could be charged with copyright as none of us own the rights to the wrestlers we make

Ok i just spoken with a member of the 2k support team about this and was told straight out that in a way the guy santacaw is right as we legally have no rights to them .Yes we may have made them but we dont own the rights to them near do 2k . So i dont see the point of all the moaning about he ripped of my caw because if that was the case every caw creater here could be charged with copyright as none of us own the rights to the wrestlers we make

Lol...of course no CAW maker owns legal rights to the textures, scans, likeness, etc of any of the wrestlers they make in these games. I'm not sure why you needed to be told this by someone at 2K. The issue here is that people spend their time and effort making awesome CAWs only for them to be ripped off by someone who knows he can't make decent creations himself, then doesn't even credit who he's taking the textures from as if HE was the one who had obtained the textures and did all of the photoshop editing work to make them look good enough to use. While no CAW maker has any legal claim to any of the likeness used for their wrestler CAWs, they do have the right to bash this "santacaw" dude for ripping off their creations instead of just making the CAWs himself from scratch.

Archived