Official FULL GEAR Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was late on this show because of work and sickness and crap but WOWOWOWOWOWOW WHAT A SHOW.

Bea vs Baker was solid. Probably Britt's best match in AEW so far?

Bucks vs PnP was awesome.

Hangman vs PAC was good, but PAC SHOULDN'T HAVE LOST TO F'N HANGMAN. That's my one major complaint with this show. PAC beat Omega at All Out, Hangman should've been a cake walk after that. I feel like PAC should be getting that "unbeatable" push tbh, not happy he lost this one.

Triple Threat tag was fun. I don't like SCU as champions that much, but good that they didn't lose quite yet. I do hope the Lucha Bros can win em soon though. Also I gotta say, Private Party have been turned into freaking stars. They're SO GOOD. I'm excited to see them eventually win the belts too, maybe in a year or so.

Sakura vs Riho was good, but I don't really care about either of them. Sakura is kinda awkward, because her gimmick only works if she's really over and...she keeps getting boo'd. I'm just sorta ready for Riho to drop the belt to Kong, then give me Kong vs Shida.

Cody vs Jericho was freaking good. Like, I wasn't expecting it to be this good. I walked away seriously pleased with everything that went down. I do think that they could've held off MJF's betrayal a little longer, but we all knew it was coming.

Kenny vs Mox Jesus Christ. I loved it. But holy shit. Crazy. Kenny finally seems unhinged, Mox looked crazy strong, I'm excited to see where they both go from here!

I'm over the initial hype of AEW now.

PPV was fine but same criticisms as most have mentioned. 50/50 matches and booking and the MJF turn was premature he's had like what 1 match on AEW tv? Hasn't had much promo he's just followed Cody about. Hangman 50/50 push boring me I don't get the hype wasn't anything special anywhere he's been. Bucks and Omega were supposed to be stars and they both lose too often. Bucks matches are too scripted can see all the regular spots coming from miles away.

Irony is, if Kenny & the Bucks had won too often you'd be complaining about that too.

There is nothing supposed about it, they are stars.

To Indy fans they are. Casual fans know nothing of them. If you put a company mission statement out about wins and losses mattering why have your top guys lose when you want to establish them to the casual.

Who tf says "casual fans" in 2019? Any casual fan who has the internet (so all of them) are way more casual then any casual fan in a previous era or year. Get out of the mindset that indy/internet and casual are two distinctive groups. They are not, they are more mixed and blended than they ever have been.

Even if someone has only watched them since AEW started, you're a fool if you think people see them as losers and can't recognise their star power. A friend of mine watches wrestling once a month, if that. We have watched some AEW shows recently, and do you know what he says? "These guys are amazing", not "these guys are losers". You are putting TOO much stock into how people view wins and losses in wrestling, especially if those losses are by guys like Kenny or the Bucks who are giving top notch performances every single time, and especially if said viewer is a 'casual' fan. The performances are what people remember, more than the results. They remember presentation, aesthetics, flash and pomp, and those guys have all of that in spades.

Indy fans and casual fans lmao

Who tf says "casual fans" in 2019? Any casual fan who has the internet (so all of them) are way more casual then any casual fan in a previous era or year. Get out of the mindset that indy/internet and casual are two distinctive groups. They are not, they are more mixed and blended than they ever have been.

Even if someone has only watched them since AEW started, you're a fool if you think people see them as losers and can't recognise their star power. A friend of mine watches wrestling once a month, if that. We have watched some AEW shows recently, and do you know what he says? "These guys are amazing", not "these guys are losers". You are putting TOO much stock into how people view wins and losses in wrestling, especially if those losses are by guys like Kenny or the Bucks who are giving top notch performances every single time, and especially if said viewer is a 'casual' fan. The performances are what people remember, more than the results. They remember presentation, aesthetics, flash and pomp, and those guys have all of that in spades.

Indy fans and casual fans lmao

I got a friend to watch 3 AEW shows hasn't watched wrestling since like 2000 and by the 3rd time he ever saw the bucks he knew what spot was coming and wasn't surprised by anything that happened. And the company put emphasis on wins and losses so if they tell me something is supposed to matter you are saying I shouldn't pay attention to it?

Archived