Unpopular Wrestling Opinions XIII

Lunchbox

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol the thought of her doing that..idk. It just doesn't seem to fit her. Ric had this somewhat wimpy look to him that made it perfect, but with Charlotte she's this tall, extremely athletic woman. Yea. I'd rather her not make that a thing for herself on a regular bases.

Edited by OPC

Apparently she hasn't done it since 2018 huh

Shows that my memory is crap :P

The reason I don't do the Flair Flop anymore is because women's wrestling is being taken so seriously. I'll only perform something comedic like that at a house show.

apparently

-i know were tired of flippy big dudes but man Keith Lee, Dijakovic, and Priest do it well for me. everybody else can cut it out.

-my only gripe with Riddle is his strikes are sometimes super weak but i know its because he used to try and brain people for real so he has hard time pulling his strikes. if he can just master a good thigh slap i would be happy.

-i know were tired of flippy big dudes but man Keith Lee, Dijakovic, and Priest do it well for me. everybody else can cut it out.

-my only gripe with Riddle is his strikes are sometimes super weak but i know its because he used to try and brain people for real so he has hard time pulling his strikes. if he can just master a good thigh slap i would be happy.

They do it very well I agree, it's just commentary telling me how special they are every time is what gets me. Pipe down a little Mauro, we understand they're special.

how about Viking Raiders?

What I liked about Lee and Dijak is that it was mainly used to further the story of doing everything that's possible to one up eachother, from flips to incredible feats of strenght.

I don't know, or maybe it just looks good on them. Same with raiders for me.

Who else does that kind of stuff in WWE? Nobody is coming to my mind right now.

Edited by AONO.

I agree with Riddle. I wish he was a little bit stiffer but hes still amazing.

This current Rowan run is the most Ive ever liked him. Fun matches with Black, somewhat interesting gimmick with the cage, cool tats and overall better look. Solid big man. Havent really cared for him before he was with Bryan tbh.

And god I hate those green jumpsuit and BB attires so much.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

AJ Styles, Chris Jericho and Kurt Angle all deserve to be on the Greatest of All Time list when it comes to wrestling. 

Thinking about all their legacys man Styles just adapted to WWE the way noone expected him to and has pretty much been involved since he came to the company in a big way. Jericho is the master of reinvention and keeping himself relevant also involved in one of the most rediclious and best swurves seen on TV, and Angle was the same as Styles was always a centerpiece and crazy entertaining. 

I think AJ Styles should be considered the very best of his generation of guys in America, same way people talk about Shawn Michaels being the best his generation had to offer. I’ve been a fan of AJ Styles since 2002 and I never second-guessed him being my #1 guy in all those years. Same for Io Shirai since about 2008. Once in a lifetime performers that are just steps ahead of everyone else always.

24 minutes ago, Lunchbox said:

AJ Styles, Chris Jericho and Kurt Angle all deserve to be on the Greatest of All Time list when it comes to wrestling. 

Thinking about all their legacys man Styles just adapted to WWE the way noone expected him to and has pretty much been involved since he came to the company in a big way. Jericho is the master of reinvention and keeping himself relevant also involved in one of the most rediclious and best swurves seen on TV, and Angle was the same as Styles was always a centerpiece and crazy entertaining. 

I was having a conversation about Angle the other day. He had a legitimate case for Best Wrestler in the World for like three years starting from 2006. His TNA run is some of the best work ever in my opinion.

32 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

I think AJ Styles should be considered the very best of his generation of guys in America, same way people talk about Shawn Michaels being the best his generation had to offer. I’ve been a fan of AJ Styles since 2002 and I never second-guessed him being my #1 guy in all those years. Same for Io Shirai since about 2008. Once in a lifetime performers that are just steps ahead of everyone else always.

The question mark for AJ was could he do in in WWE and hes seriously knocked it out of the park. Hes still putting on stellar matches, but his promo work is incredible so i think his WWE run might be the best stretch of his career. 

Yeah, he may not be putting on NJPW caliber matches anymore but he doesn’t have to. He’s solidified his career by going to Japan and doing that along with some ROH & PWG. His WWE run was definitely the icing on the cake for everything else, character, promo and draw wise as a complete performer. 

also, the Taker match at Mania will be remembered fondly for being great and not actually even a wrestling match. 

Never been much a fan of Sabu. Wasn’t around for OG ECW but I’ve seen clips, fully experienced the ECW revival. Maybe I’ve been spoiled by watching several performers who don’t botch everything.