Unpopular Wrestling Opinions XIII

Lunchbox

so you agree she probably shouldnt do it then? because her legs dont keep her from executing the moonsault better. you can tell she just knows how to backflip and is trying to convert that to a moonsault but they arent the same motion. she isnt committed to landing on her torso. there are enough tall long-legged moonsaulters that dont have this problem.

No.

I thought I made it clear that the fact that she can do it at all makes it special.

Also, you're wrong. So...there's that.

Edited by Generations

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lmao wrong how? Dijakovic is all legs, Kassius Ohno, Luchasaurus. she leads with her legs. you arent supposed to do that with a moonsault, because its a splash. if she delayed the flip like a tiny bit and be prepared to land with her upper body/ arms, it would look a lot better. if you look at other moonsaults and then look at Charlottes moonsault and think the only difference is her long legs then i dont know bro

You're so overstating the impressiveness of Charlotte performing a moonsault, Gen. EJ is completely right. Take a look at Dijak. Despite his size and having HUGE ass legs, the guy can still perform the maneuver (or similar maneuvers) properly.

Exactly my point.

shes doing mostly a backflip and not so much a splash. her feet hit the ground before the rest of her body does, thats why it looks so goofy. thats cool when she does it outside to a standing person, but to a person laying on their back it just looks really wack.

and i dont really agree with the appeal being that she isnt supposed to be doing these things. she is a slender, long-limbed woman who used to do a handspring during her entrance, her doing flippy shit doesnt at all seem far-fetched. if we were talking about Nia Jax or some shit then okay but not Charlotte.

Again...it's because her legs are so long that she shouldn't be doing it...not because she's big like Nia. You said it yourself...her feet always hit first. Because she has long legs. What else can I say...that is the psychology behind it. It's a "wow" move, because her body proportions should keep her from trying it at all. Same as Taker's feet get hung up when he does that dive...

Wtf did I just read

SmackDown has been way worse on FOX than it has before. And somehow its less sports orientated.

It was RAWed up to the max

Yep.

The good part is Bray being Universal champ and his stuff bring something different, the other stuff is just lackluster and boring as hell.

I mean, it is RAW-ed up, in it's presentation, but the main talent that is featured have been on RAW for the longest time, so that doesn't help at all. Roman (he was on SD the last year but actually was on RAW a lot, and has been before that for the longest time), Braun, Corbin, Roode, Ziggler, Cole, Graves....

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like for a 2 hour show, you only have stuff with Bray/Bryan and Reigns vs Corbin/Ziggler/Roode... with occasional Shorty G and Mustafa Ali. And I forgot that Nakamura is the IC champion...

They had the greatest of chances to freshen up SD after a time of staleness, but they blew it. The only episode that felt right as SD was the first NXT invasion. And I don't want to take anything away from NXT in it's current for, but they will probably take some guys to SD soon... like Keith Lee for example. They need fresh faces so bad. And NXT will need to freshen up soon anyway when the whole Ciampa/Lee and others vs UE is over. I think Keith Lee and Riddle would be great additions to SD. Even Garganno...

True. While if you think about it, it's mainly because UE has NXT in it's grip. Because none of those faces can't even get to North American title, and some of them would really benefit of it. But I don't mind it really atm, after all this time, UE still isn't "stale", and have been on a role since getting all the gold. I'm predicting they will go downwards soon.

I'm still not sure if Ciampa dethrones Cole or Dream. Ciampa maybe, than Dream takes it off of him.

edit: to add to that, I wish Gargano could go to SD and go against Nakamura. I know a lot of people have soured on Nakamura, but a feud against Gargano for the IC title at Wrestlemania sounds dope to me.

Edited by AONO.

I hate how the WWE has no on-screen authority figure right now. Right now every time I see a match I'm wondering "who made this official?" or when one of the commentators "receives word" on something, who are they receiving word from? I'm not saying we need the Authority having 20 minute rambles to start the show every week, but you do need some sort of decision maker, lest you end up with situations like Ricochet playing booker and everyone awkwardly going along with it. Heck, it's not even a wrestling thing, the NFL has Roger Goodell, Formula One has Bernie Ecclestone for a long time, now Jean Todt and Chase Carey, etc. Honestly, it's my one biggest problem with the WWE right now.

because you know that "The Authority" makes the matches, they are just not on screen. An on screen authority figure is a dated concept. Regal is a good balance though, he is mentioned, and on screen for a brief minute hen there is some major stuff going down.

because you know that "The Authority" makes the matches, they are just not on screen. An on screen authority figure is a dated concept. Regal is a good balance though, he is mentioned, and on screen for a brief minute hen there is some major stuff going down.

Your first sentence is fannon, your second sentence isn't true in the slightest and everything after contradicts it. There is no mention or sight of anyone being in charge or making the big decisions, which means when the time arrises for one to be made, it's up to the wrestlers to play matchmaker, which isn't how it should be. They don't to be there every week, just enough to know they are in charge.

Have you been watching wrestling for the past 20 years? The McMahons run it. Authority changes sometimes with storylines, but it always winds up back to Vince and Steph, and now HHH. When a General Manager appears it's like a corporation hiring a middle manager to handle the day-to-day, but in the event of no middle management then corporate does it themselves...so that is what's happening currently. William Regal is 'middle management' on NXT, but HHH is the head man in charge. HHH delegates authority of Regal. RAW and Smackdown just don't have that right now and that's fine, we don't need to be told who is in charge because we know. In kayfabe WWE are a combat competitive sports company that books matches, just like any MMA or boxing company. Do you know who puts the fights together for the WBO or UFC? Because I don't, I just know and am willing to accept that their corporate managers are doing it.

Same logic applies.

I know the McMahons are there, but since Shane got the boot we haven't seen or heard anything from any of them. There is a middle ground from rambling every 20 weeks to start RAW and getting involved in everyone's storylines to being so absent people wonder where in the blue hell you've gone. I understand guys like Regal are more "middle management", but why is there no one at all right now? I'm not sure about WBO, as I am not a boxing fan, but UFC at least has Dana White who's clearly in charge.

It's weird to not have a middle man. Esp after the whole FOX vs USA thing the last draft had

After that and Survivor Series Raw, Smackdown and now NXT really shouldn't be kayfabe managed by the same people

Edited by LEGION

Your first sentence is fannon, your second sentence isn't true in the slightest and everything after contradicts it. There is no mention or sight of anyone being in charge or making the big decisions, which means when the time arrises for one to be made, it's up to the wrestlers to play matchmaker, which isn't how it should be. They don't to be there every week, just enough to know they are in charge.
Have no idea what "fannon" is, but it doesn't sound positive. And I don't see how saying that an authority figure on screen is a dated concept "isn't true in the slightest". And the third sentence, involving Regal, saying how him as good balance between a conecept that I find dated and what you are saying. And it doesn't contradict my first point, on fact it even acknowledges yours.

Creep explained it pretty well.

edit:

and why would you even take 5-10 mins for having Angle or whoever confirming matches left and right, when that time could be allocated better to other talent?

Those are super boring especially when in todays age you know full and well how and who bookes matches. That's why it's dated.

Edited by AONO.

Have no idea what "fannon" is, but it doesn't sound positive. And I don't see how saying that an authority figure on screen is a dated concept "isn't true in the slightest". And the third sentence, involving Regal, saying how him as good balance between a conecept that I find dated and what you are saying. And it doesn't contradict my first point, on fact it even acknowledges yours.

Creep explained it pretty well.

Fannon is short for fan cannon, things you make up/theorise yourself to fill in the dots. It isn't a dated concept in the slightest, the heel, Vince-lite authority figure (ie. Corbin, Shane, Authority, etc.) maybe, but not a plain, neutral decision maker. (Regal, Angle, Saint/Scala, Paige, etc.). Ever since Jack Tunney at least someone has been credited on-screen as being THE one in charge. I thought it was a contradiction seeing as you were saying the Authority Figure as a whole was outdated, then praising Regal, which is the kind I think we need for RAW/SmackDown.

I just saw your edit, I'd rather see Angle or whomever come out for like two minutes to make the match rather than leave it to wrestlers to make the matches, imagine if we didn't have Regal and we left it to Ciampa, Cole, Garagno, etc. to make big matches like War Games, how ridiculous would that be? Heck, it doesn't even need to be a legend, a lowercarder who's doing nothing like Slater or Titus could work.

Kayfabe and real life are two different things. By that logic, Kevin Dunn has on-screen power, yet in Kayfabe he doesn't exist.

Edited by King RyderFan

Fannon is short for fan cannon, things you make up/theorise yourself to fill in the dots. It isn't a dated concept in the slightest, the heel, Vince-lite authority figure (ie. Corbin, Shane, Authority, etc.) maybe, but not a plain, neutral decision maker. (Regal, Angle, Saint/Scala, Paige, etc.). Ever since Jack Tunney at least someone has been credited on-screen as being THE one in charge. I thought it was a contradiction seeing as you were saying the Authority Figure as a whole was outdated, then praising Regal, which is the kind I think we need for RAW/SmackDown.

I just saw your edit, I'd rather see Angle or whomever come out for like two minutes to make the match rather than leave it to wrestlers to make the matches, imagine if we didn't have Regal and we left it to Ciampa, Cole, Garagno, etc. to make big matches like War Games, how ridiculous would that be?

Kayfabe and real life are two different things. By that logic, Kevin Dunn has on-screen power, yet in Kayfabe he doesn't exist.

Kevin Dunn is a director/producer, not a booker nor a writter. He could easily even be mentioned on the show and it would have no impact on Kayfabe.

Because if you hear and talk every day how RAW and SD is overproduced and you have a certain number of writters that book matches, write promos... than it has little to none impact on Kayfabe if Angle or Paige come out screaming how we are going to have a match "RIGHT NOW" and everybody goes yay.

I also think that when four guys get in the ring, you already know what's hapoening. A boring segment and a tag team match or fatal f way, depending on the situation. In this case, I have zero problem on them agreeing to have a match, or cut to commercials and then announce that the match was set. They got a ref, he got contacted by the showrunner, Vince, Steph or whoever and that's it. Again, you already know who runs it.There is no need to mention it every single time.

Also, a lowcarder like Slater or Titus would be dumb. A random person suddenly works in management?

Having a random person just announcing matches wouldn't improve the show. In fact it could only get more tedious. Leave that time for wrestlers.

Edited by AONO.

I know the McMahons are there, but since Shane got the boot we haven't seen or heard anything from any of them. There is a middle ground from rambling every 20 weeks to start RAW and getting involved in everyone's storylines to being so absent people wonder where in the blue hell you've gone. I understand guys like Regal are more "middle management", but why is there no one at all right now? I'm not sure about WBO, as I am not a boxing fan, but UFC at least has Dana White who's clearly in charge.

(Dana white doesn't make the fights at this point hes more a face of the company then anything.)