Which version and edition are you getting this year?

HopesAnchor131

Which version and edition are you getting this year?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of WWE 2K20 are you getting this year?

• PS4
    • Xbox One
    • PC
  2. 2. Which edition of WWE 2K20 are you getting this year?

• Standard - Physical
    • Deluxe - Physical
    • Collectors - Physical
    • Standard - Digital
    • Deluxe - Digital

Tbh, it would have made more sense if the Chyna/Rock/Mankind/Hogan pack was exclusive on launch for the 20 Year anniversary collector's edition. Would have been shitty for people not getting that...but it would have made sense. I think that's a big reason why the collector's edition seems like a worse deal than usual. Because there's a themed pack...and it isn't even exclusive to the themed collector's edition.

The DLC on collector's editions for WWE 2K have always been available on Deluxe editions as well, collector's editions from what I understand are mostly for those that want the physical collectibles (not that it's not obvious lol).

Edit: Actually, I think Nakamura in 2K17 wasn't available for non collectors edition holders until later. I take it back lol

Hit the nail on the head. $70 extra here in Australia abouslute joke.

Ouch! I've heard that Australia's pricing is pretty bad for video games but that seems like a hefty jump. Is that just the deluxe over the standard?

Tbh, it would have made more sense if the Chyna/Rock/Mankind/Hogan pack was exclusive on launch for the 20 Year anniversary collector's edition. Would have been shitty for people not getting that...but it would have made sense. I think that's a big reason why the collector's edition seems like a worse deal than usual. Because there's a themed pack...and it isn't even exclusive to the themed collector's edition.

Would make sense from a thematic stand point but not from a sales one. Special Editions of anymore than a £5-10 increase are targeted at a niche audience as it is so I don't think it would be a worthwhile move because I think more people would just abandon the whole thing and get it standard before paying all that extra for a couple of characters and skins.

I genuinely think it's a poor CE from them. It's £40 more than the deluxe and all your getting is a bit of ring canvas and a random signed print. Don't think I'm missing anything else and some DLC wouldn't salvage that much of a price hike. With that said, I buy a lot of video game collectors editions and I do think making a good wrestling game one is difficult; hell, the only one I've ever purchased myself was the NXT Edition for 2K17.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If I buy myself, I went for Xbox One Digital standard, which I'd get on sale in like 9 months after it's out, but the last two years I haven't bought it myself. My Dad got it me 18, and my brother got me 19 lol

and what I find funny is people bitching about DLC. If they pulled some of the new wrestlers from the base game and put them as DLC... people would praise the DLC for having more content.

Subject to change but I'll probably get the Deluxe once it goes on sale around Black Friday. I haven't seen anything that I absolutely HAVE to get yet and been more disappointed than anything with how the game looks graphically and so far what Originals seems to offer. Not to mention the streamlined gameplay and controls mention on the first info drop has me wanting to know what that means exactly.

• 3 weeks later...

I still havent pre ordered and I have brought every game on release since WWF Raw on PS1, love the fact Jerry Lawler seems to be playable and The fiend is in, Chyna and Hogan are great to see in it, but I just feel like I dont know what Im pre ordering, I have zero interest in 2K originals it feels shoe horned into 2K20 because they knew as a stand-alone concept not enough people would buy it I honestly wish they didnt bother and spent their time making more real past arenas, match types, GM Mode etc that we keep asking for but never get, yet they seem to find the time to make this crap called 2K originals, yet some on here love it which baffles me, get all the other stuff right first then by all means go for fantasy after. Anyway I digress for me Ill want deluxe at standard copy price so I will wait for an offer or discount as this is the first year I think it just simply isnt worth it and Ive always brought the collectors editions over the last 6 years, plus I know they wont update the Raw and SmackDown arenas so that will bug the life out of me as its their weekly show in universe and by the looks of them especially Raw it will be hard to replicate them in CAA and quite frankly we shouldnt have to I think a January DLC to get them updated would be fair and id even pay for it but it wont happen so for me, Roll on 2K21.

Just ordered the physical deluxe for PS4. I couldve stopped getting physical for my collection but I dont plan to anytime soon. There really the only game I buy actual discs for so.

I feel like I should change it and to flip the super cards. I sold mine like a year or two ago and made like $40 lol

Edit: Ill let you guys decide what I do ?

Archived