Bugs & Glitches Thread

Jeb ★

2 bugs in one tag championship match post patch:

- Hot Tags are broken? I did a hot tag and my partner just got back on the apron as if he were the illegal man.

- Your tag partner will get in the ring to break a submission (or pin?) attempt but will get back on the apron as if nothing is happening. Then that sequence repeats until either you submit or get pinned.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im sorry to hear you all having a rough time trying to enjoy the game I like you share the sentiment that all we want is a solid core gameplay wrestling game with seemingly limitless customisation and as many current superstars / legends as possible and lots of replay value in various modes and match types.

But I gotta say rhetorically, what did you expect? Patch number 1 seems to update the game to the YouTubers copy patch 2 has not been announced or conveyed with a rollout plan and this series including 2K has a long history of not making enough or much effort of either updating or fixing the game this will not be any different and there is an arrogance in that as fan of this series I dont like.

I dont want the series to suffer but its clear even with full community support of loyal purchasing over the last few. years this game didnt factor that loyalty before it was put out there even 2K15 wasnt this broke or glitched it was lacking sure but it was a controlled release a solid beta compared to 2K20

I have stayed true to my word by not purchasing this year though it was hard breaking the habit of a lifetime I encourage others to do so who havent and feel the same though but I understand the temptation of those who have, it wont hurt the series for a year, one bad selling copy wont lose the licence or make them shut up shop, it will either demand more patches to repair the current game in an attempt to increases sales or make them pull out all the stops to get people back on board

I hope people who have bought it find some enjoyment they deserve it for staying loyal and paying as much as they have but there is also a high long term loyal fan base that have boycotted this game that arent casual fans and I hope for the sake of those who have stayed loyal 2K will feel their omissions

2 bugs in one tag championship match post patch:

- Hot Tags are broken? I did a hot tag and my partner just got back on the apron as if he were the illegal man.

- Your tag partner will get in the ring to break a submission (or pin?) attempt but will never get back on the apron as if nothing is happening. Then that sequence repeats until either you submit or get pinned.

Yeah hot tags are broken, they do work sometimes though if you go for it a second time

It's not a lack of testers, and especially not the testers' fault. It's a time thing. They had to rush out a broken game...I'm sure every single person involved in the creation of this game knows that it's a broken piece of shit.

it is the testers fault. they should've said to 2K "This game is broken in some many different ways! Delay the game till December at least. So work can be done of fixing the many issues in this game otherwise people will complain."

And right now, the hashtag, FixWWE2K20 is trending on Twitter atm.

Im sorry to hear you all having a rough time trying to enjoy the game I like you share the sentiment that all we want is a solid core gameplay wrestling game with seemingly limitless customisation and as many current superstars / legends as possible and lots of replay value in various modes and match types.

But I gotta say rhetorically, what did you expect? Patch number 1 seems to update the game to the YouTubers copy patch 2 has not been announced or conveyed with a rollout plan and this series including 2K has a long history of not making enough or much effort of either updating or fixing the game this will not be any different and there is an arrogance in that as fan of this series I dont like.

I dont want the series to suffer but its clear even with full community support of loyal purchasing over the last few. years this game didnt factor that loyalty before it was put out there even 2K15 wasnt this broke or glitched it was lacking sure but it was a controlled release a solid beta compared to 2K20

I have stayed true to my word by not purchasing this year though it was hard breaking the habit of a lifetime I encourage others to do so who havent and feel the same though but I understand the temptation of those who have, it wont hurt the series for a year, one bad selling copy wont lose the licence or make them shut up shop, it will either demand more patches to repair the current game in an attempt to increases sales or make them pull out all the stops to get people back on board

I hope people who have bought it find some enjoyment they deserve it for staying loyal and paying as much as they have but there is also a high long term loyal fan base that have boycotted this game that arent casual fans and I hope for the sake of those who have stayed loyal 2K will feel their omissions

Excuse me but I also boycotted the game before by staying on the old gen in 15 and skipping 16.

Did it change anything? Nope! You know what you get to read when you apply a ticket for WWE2K20 on the 2k support site?

This:

As you can imagine due to the #NBA2K20

NBA2K20_2019.png

launch we're receiving more tickets than usual. We're doing everything we can to get to your case as quickly as possible. Thanks!

It's obvious that their own series gets the top priority over WWEs so unfortunately it has nothing to do with not having enough time for testing or boycotting anything.

I take you point Saturi and thank you for bringing that to my attention but you surely can concede that ultimately a lack in sales leading to a deficit in financial income hurts all of us including big business I realise there is a lack of competition to wet appetites for disillusioned fans but if Yukes do indeed pick up the AEW licence and they can easily have a game out within a year and by simply building in 2K19 work alone with all WWE references stripped out and perhaps a revamped mode that mimics a singular version of GM mode crossed with story designer / universe could be a real contender the only monopoly WWE have is the characters and stars but if DDP Billy Gunn and Jerry Lynn elect to be in the game we could have some legends and Dustin of course would have a base model for Goldust caws etc the community given the tools could do wonders especially if AEW arent as strict on their game content like WWE

I don't restrict myself to single wrestling games. I'm still going to get TEW 2020 next year.

And you are already making the mistake of thinking every alternative game will be on the same caliber as the WWE game series. Wether it's creation modes (including CC) or Gameplay...

Once you play other wrestling games you will realize that the only thing all these games have in common...is the sport of "Wrestling". The Chikara game, for example, is 100% arcade mode. The TNA game was closer to Fighting games, than the WWE games and some other games are Horse racing simulators. Or aren't even a thing yet.

Posting about bugs and glitches does should never lead to the question "What did you expect?".

Especially not on a internet stie that basically has that game series in its title.

Excuse me but I also boycotted the game before by staying on the old gen in 15 and skipping 16.

Did it change anything? Nope! You know what you get to read when you apply a ticket for WWE2K20 on the 2k support site?

This:

As you can imagine due to the

#NBA2K20

NBA2K20_2019.png

launch we're receiving more tickets than usual. We're doing everything we can to get to your case as quickly as possible. Thanks!

It's obvious that their own series gets the top priority over WWEs so unfortunately it has nothing to do with not having enough time for testing or boycotting anything.

Are you surprised Flagship games always get top priority

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not. Currently in the middle of my first match, Murphy vs Humberto. All was going great, Humberto was outside the ring, as I was, and I got back in the ring at the count of six. But Humberto was still outside, but the ref restarted the count. Tried this another 2 times, same thing.

Game isnt letting me download my logos from image maker. I saved them as png files and these worked fine on the previous game so not sure why this is an issue now.

Same issue I just talked about. It's not the logos that are the problem.

Game isnt letting me download my logos from image maker. I saved them as png files and these worked fine on the previous game so not sure why this is an issue now.

Same issue I just talked about. It's not the logos that are the problem.

Yeah its ridiculous. Also when I was creating my Roman Reigns alt, Id change logo colors and then when Id go back into the file I just saved the colors would default back to their original color and even if i didnt go back into the CAS, they would change the color back to the default when I went to play a match. Just annoying.

I'm back. Honestly I'm always shocked at how many people are shocked at how many bugs exist in release or why the bugs aren't fixed day one, or "how was this allowed to be released?"

These games will ALWAYS be allowed to be released. I'm not aware of a modern WWE release that was held back, I don't see it ever happening because they know you are going to buy it. Until the community starts listening and saying "crap I hear this game isn't working, i'm not going to buy it until it's working." WWE has no impetus to force the studios to fix the issues prior to release.

Now that my traditional statement is out of the way, I probably will purchase this game (I held off last year, I encourage others to consider adopting a similar idea, don't buy it if you don't really need the new one. I'm only interested in the new integration of female stars. IMO if people show WWE that it would be more profitable to release every other year or more, they could modify the release schedule to allow the devs to fix the bugs prior to release.)

My advice based on this thread, don't spend a lot of time making CAWs yet, make a basic wrestler and play whatever the story mode is. Wait until the big bugs get patched before investing your time and energy.

Archived