Official WWE2K20 Discussion Thread

Ziggy Vercetti

I wonder if we'll get Yokozuna in the game ever again.

Its been a few years since his legends deal ran out and his estate didnt renew it. Whenever deceased wrestlers estates dont sign usually WWE doesnt let 2K include them either despite 2K not being restricted to those deals.

Like how Pillmans son confirmed on Twitter last year or the year before that his father wasnt in anymore because his stepmom let the deal run out without renewing it.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imagine Chyna being as groundbreaking in the game as she was in real life and being selectable against both women and men. People would complain that other women should be able to do it, like Ronda or Beth, but nobody has a stronger case than Chyna who wrestled men on the regular at her peak.

I do believe in that same interview, his son said, they usually jump at the chance to be included in games and whatnot.

Not necessarily. For most its about money. Foley wont include himself anymore because hes bitter about the offers being much lower now then in the past starting with 2k18. He feels they are lowballing legends. Cross and Ciampa are rumored to have said no last year because the pay for nxt talents was cut in half.

Yet Lawler has been asking the last few years to be playable and they dont. Go figure.

Others, like Bulldogs daughter, has said in the past they allow daves boys likeness and dont receive much because they just want him to be remembered.

I think his stepmom was in jail at the time the contract ended too if I remember correctly.

Yeah. Jail or rehab I believe he said

I do believe in that same interview, his son said, they usually jump at the chance to be included in games and whatnot.

Not necessarily. For most its about money. Foley wont include himself anymore because hes bitter about the offers being much lower now then in the past starting with 2k18. He feels they are lowballing legends. Cross and Ciampa are rumored to have said no last year because the pay for nxt talents was cut in half.

Yet Lawler has been asking the last few years to be playable and they dont. Go figure.

Others, like Bulldogs daughter, has said in the past they allow daves boys likeness and dont receive much because they just want him to be remembered.

I think his stepmom was in jail at the time the contract ended too if I remember correctly.

Yeah. Jail or rehab I believe he said

Either way, I hope they can work something out. I miss having Pillman and Yokozuna in the games.

Normally I'd agree with having patience with the marketing since we don't usually get the big dump of info till SummerSlam or so but the fact we don't even have a logo for the game at this point is somewhat concerning.

that hasn't been the case for atleast 6 years...

Normally I'd agree with having patience with the marketing since we don't usually get the big dump of info till SummerSlam or so but the fact we don't even have a logo for the game at this point is somewhat concerning.

Isnt it usually around that time or so? We usually get the roster reveal in August tho last year they started later after SummerSlam but it feels like that's when things start to pick up.

Isnt it usually around that time or so? We usually get the roster reveal in August tho last year they started later after SummerSlam but it feels like that's when things start to pick up.

Every year people claim so, but it's never the case. THQ used to do it. They started spoiling their entire game before SummerSlam, to the point that there was nothing left to discover, once the game came out. 2k has moved basically in the exact opposite situation. We're not getting anything before SummerSlam and even then it's going to be very little. Usually it's around Hell in a Cell when things start picking up

We usually will get rosters and details on new additions to the franchise around SummerSlam though last year the event never happened. Probably because of the Wrestlemania event

As for no info currently, I don't see the problem. We aren't missing out on anything big like gameplay footage or anything. A release date would be nice but that's all that's really vital that's currently missing IMO. No info was ever going to come during RAW. They never announce information directly on RAW or Smackdown. It always comes from 2K direct.

The other day, I searched back because I had used a Robert F Kennedy quote and I couldn't remember why. The game (2K19) was 5 weeks out and we still knew pretty much nothing. It wasn't til the very end of August that they finally broke the news that we'd be getting a Roster Reveal soon. And then we didn't get the trailer(s) 'til September, I think. We atleast had the cover already, and we don't even have that yet. Guessing we're in for a wait.

What trips me out is I made a comment about "seeing what all the buzz was about" before we knew anything about the game and it's MyCareer. I make these random, lucky comments sometimes. I dunno, looking at it in retrospect was like "Ha...who knew..." lol

Im feeling a November release this year now

A mid November release would be cool. I remember when SvR games were usually released a week before thanksgiving. I would enjoy the games for a couple of days and then play with my brother in law or cousins for a couple of days.

Ah the memories of watching entrances while eating leftovers!

Archived